<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<rss version="2.0" xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/">
<channel>
  <title>Best Ever Albums</title>
  <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/index.php</link>
  <description>&quot;I get by with a little help from my friends&quot; - The Beatles</description>
  <language>en</language>
  <ttl>1</ttl>
<item>
                            <title>Re: The New and Interesting Looking Music</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=15727#15727</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=15627'&gt;videoheadcleaner&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 04/28/2010 08:09&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Interpol - Antics&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Someone mentioned them in casual conversation but I didn't think too much of it. I was looking in the local music store and saw the cover, remembered that this other person briefly mentioned Interpol and bought it.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=15727#15727</comments>
                            <dc:creator>videoheadcleaner</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Wed, 28 Apr 2010 04:09:31 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=15727#15727</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: The New and Interesting Looking Music</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=15723#15723</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=2'&gt;albummaster&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 04/28/2010 06:22&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          one of my best blind buys was The Beloved - Blissed Out; at the time, bought purely because I could relate very well to the title &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Wink&quot;&gt;😉&lt;/span&gt;</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=15723#15723</comments>
                            <dc:creator>albummaster</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Wed, 28 Apr 2010 02:22:21 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=15723#15723</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: The New and Interesting Looking Music</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=15720#15720</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=16699'&gt;SquishypuffDave&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 04/28/2010 05:24&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          It would seem artists don't put much thought into cover art these days, which is a shame, since I'm big on physical products as opposed to downloaded files. Any cover that's just a glossy photo of the artist makes me want to puke my pants. The only modern band I can think of with cover art that continually blows me away and ties in perfectly with their music - The Mars Volta.&lt;br /&gt;
Interesting sub-question: anyone ever made a fantastic 'blind buy', based on an album cover or title? (Perhaps that should be 'deaf buy') Mine would be Camel - Music Inspired by The Snow Goose. I thought the title and layout of the text was hilariously awkward - so much so that I bought it on novelty alone. Little did I know it would end up in my top 10.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=15720#15720</comments>
                            <dc:creator>SquishypuffDave</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Wed, 28 Apr 2010 01:24:59 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=15720#15720</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>The New and Interesting Looking Music</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=15693#15693</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=-1'&gt;Anonymous&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 04/27/2010 14:51&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          On Monday I went into Birmingham. One of the things I did when I went there was go to the record shop. Now because it is closing down they currently have 70% off everything. CDS, DVDS and Vinyls. You can even buy the shelves for £30 each. I hadn't brought a lot from this store in the past. A Dead Kennedys live DVD, two Subhumans albums and a few CD singles.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Anyway because of this offer I thought to myself &quot;You know what? I should really buy a random CD from a group I had never heard before&quot; and went browsing through the shelves.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Some things I thought while searching&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
. Leave the punk groups this time (got enough)&lt;br /&gt;
. Leave the metal groups too (not today)&lt;br /&gt;
. Are most of these acts not known for a reason?&lt;br /&gt;
. I would be so annoyed if it's one of those lo-fi pitchfork acts&lt;br /&gt;
. The cover/package must look enticing!&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The last thought was the most important. I wanted to see ambition. Something awe inspiring. Something that I would want to look at on bus all the way home with a big smile wandering what this strange group could possibly sound like.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I must have been in there for over half an hour. Taking an album off the shelf, having a look at the front, the back, putting it back, repeat with 100+ other albums. Most of these albums were from 00s, the majority of which were from 2009. So a lot of albums from 2009 on the shelves.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Some artists really put some random stuff on their covers. Assuming they choose the cover for a reason, I began to think of wild ideas of how it would tie in with the music. Why would they choose that image? Why not make a bigger statement?&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Eventually it got annoying, absolutely nothing seemed to strike my attention from the saturated photographs, kooky images, random buildings and soulless patterns. I left empty handed, went down the street, into HMV and brought &quot;Rush In Rio&quot; (3 disc live album) instead.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
If the shops open next week I'm going to have to have an idea of what I'm buying, preferably in a notepad. Although that would take away some of the fun of finding an undiscovered gem. I might try again next Monday.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
P.S. Probably loads of mistakes in this, didn't check thorough it</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=15693#15693</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Anonymous</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Tue, 27 Apr 2010 10:51:32 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=15693#15693</guid>
                          </item></channel></rss>