<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<rss version="2.0" xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/">
<channel>
  <title>Best Ever Albums</title>
  <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/index.php</link>
  <description>&quot;I get by with a little help from my friends&quot; - The Beatles</description>
  <language>en</language>
  <ttl>1</ttl>
<item>
                            <title>Re: Best band Lyrically</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=267189#267189</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=24736'&gt;Jasonconfused&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 12/05/2013 18:34&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          I guess she's not a band, but Joni Mitchell, whom I enjoy listening to very much, can sometimes bore me if I don't like her lyrics. I'm not saying she's a bad lyricist. I'm saying that she's such a good lyricist, that she's probably the only artist in which her lyrics are the best part for me.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=267189#267189</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Jasonconfused</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Thu, 5 Dec 2013 13:34:43 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=267189#267189</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Best band Lyrically</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=267102#267102</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=27980'&gt;bg62096&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 12/05/2013 13:51&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Pink Floyd without a doubt</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=267102#267102</comments>
                            <dc:creator>bg62096</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Thu, 5 Dec 2013 08:51:43 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=267102#267102</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Best band Lyrically</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=267085#267085</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=25611'&gt;SingingPeasant96&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 12/05/2013 09:29&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          I made &lt;a href=&quot;http://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?c=12154&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;&quot;favourite lyricists&quot; list&lt;/a&gt;(with quotes)</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=267085#267085</comments>
                            <dc:creator>SingingPeasant96</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Thu, 5 Dec 2013 04:29:38 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=267085#267085</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Best band Lyrically</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=266906#266906</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=22267'&gt;camsh&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 12/04/2013 18:47&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Pink Floyd &lt;br /&gt;
The Smiths &lt;br /&gt;
Arctic Monkeys &lt;br /&gt;
Pulp &lt;br /&gt;
Manic Street Preachers &lt;br /&gt;
Neutral Milk Hotel &lt;br /&gt;
Pearl Jam&lt;br /&gt;
Nirvana&lt;br /&gt;
The Antlers&lt;br /&gt;
Arcade Fire</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=266906#266906</comments>
                            <dc:creator>camsh</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Wed, 4 Dec 2013 13:47:33 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=266906#266906</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Best band Lyrically</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=266901#266901</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=19895'&gt;Bach&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 12/04/2013 18:17&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          The Smiths.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=266901#266901</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Bach</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Wed, 4 Dec 2013 13:17:10 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=266901#266901</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Best band Lyrically</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=266900#266900</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=-1'&gt;Anonymous&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 12/04/2013 18:16&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Modest Mouse has always been my favorite band lyrically, but They Might Be Giants have amazing lyrics. Not the type of personal and tear bringing lyrics that I tend to love, but cheerful and happy ones which are extremely clever and well written.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I also love Ben Folds Fives, Bruce Springsteen, Jay Reatard, Lemonheads, Canibus, Califone, Sunny day real estate, Squeeze, etc. So many of them out there that have ways of writing which other bands just don't do as well.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=266900#266900</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Anonymous</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Wed, 4 Dec 2013 13:16:21 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=266900#266900</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Best band Lyrically</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=266896#266896</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=-1'&gt;Anonymous&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 12/04/2013 17:59&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;lethalnezzle wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;Eh, I'm a massive Dylan fanboy, as you probably know, but I wouldn't choose to read his words from a page.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
I think I'd read Desolation Row from a page for enjoyment. Although that doesn't make him comparable to, say, Wallace Stevens who didn't win the Noble prize btw.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=266896#266896</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Anonymous</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Wed, 4 Dec 2013 12:59:19 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=266896#266896</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Best band Lyrically</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=266893#266893</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=-1'&gt;Anonymous&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 12/04/2013 17:26&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Mancsoulsister wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;'When you punish a person for dreaming his dream, don't expect him to thank or forgive you'&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Possibly my favorite line of all time. All Hail, despite production value being non - existent, is one of the best albums to grace my ears. The lyrics are all so beautifully written and personal.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
EDIT: That particular song ends so perfectly with the &quot;Hail satan&quot; portion.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=266893#266893</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Anonymous</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Wed, 4 Dec 2013 12:26:51 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=266893#266893</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Best band Lyrically</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=266892#266892</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=-1'&gt;Anonymous&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 12/04/2013 17:18&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Mancsoulsister wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;'When you punish a person for dreaming his dream, don't expect him to thank or forgive you'&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
That's umm . . . bad.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=266892#266892</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Anonymous</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Wed, 4 Dec 2013 12:18:58 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=266892#266892</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Best band Lyrically</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=266889#266889</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=25885'&gt;meccalecca&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 12/04/2013 17:07&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;lethalnezzle wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;Your favourite poet is Heaney too?&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Ok. well not everything, but the main points</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=266889#266889</comments>
                            <dc:creator>meccalecca</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Wed, 4 Dec 2013 12:07:08 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=266889#266889</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Best band Lyrically</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=266888#266888</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=-1'&gt;Anonymous&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 12/04/2013 17:02&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;meccalecca wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;Agree with everything you've said here.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Your favourite poet is Heaney too?</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=266888#266888</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Anonymous</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Wed, 4 Dec 2013 12:02:01 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=266888#266888</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Best band Lyrically</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=266886#266886</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=25885'&gt;meccalecca&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 12/04/2013 17:00&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;lethalnezzle wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;Eh, I'm a massive Dylan fanboy, as you probably know, but I wouldn't choose to read his words from a page. That said, I have yet to come across a lyricist whose words I would read, for pleasure, from a page (although I recently have taken to reading 'Gustavo' sans music, so perhaps Kozelek, but there's not a lot of his stuff that I think I'd enjoy in a similar way). I don't think Dylan deserves a Nobel Prize for Literature, nor do I think any first-and-foremost lyricist does, though Leonard Cohen would certainly be in with a shout. However, if the panel were stupid enough to give the award to a lyricist, then I don't see why Dylan wouldn't be first choice. I get the arguments for Newsom, but for me she's never written anything as biting as 'Ballad of a Thin Man', no story as interesting as 'Tangled Up In Blue', nothing on the same level as 'Visions of Johanna' or 'Simple Twist of Fate' or even 'Po' Boy'. But these things are subjective. My favourite poet is Seamus Heaney, whilst others would certainly prefer Keats or Yeats or Auden. So yeah, I don't think any song lyricist should be mentioned among the great novelists and poets, because it's a totally different medium. One is made for reading from a page, the other for being performed alongside music. But if people insist on putting a lyricist on that pedestal (which, for some strange reason, they do), then for me it should be Bob Dylan.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Agree with everything you've said here.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=266886#266886</comments>
                            <dc:creator>meccalecca</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Wed, 4 Dec 2013 12:00:22 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=266886#266886</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Best band Lyrically</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=266884#266884</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=-1'&gt;Anonymous&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 12/04/2013 16:54&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Kool Keith Sweat wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;I'm not saying Dylan isn't good, but to believe he's not overrated is to be infatuated with him. Some publications (mostly American) and UK bookies consider him a contender for the Nobel Prize in Literature (though a poor one). Words are words and I'd be lying if I said several musical lyrics don't touch me on the same level as literary works, but frankly I think it's insulting to believe Dylan's lyrics are the best in all artforms with words, especially considering the politics of that prize. The Nobel prize committee has stated outright that it's biased against American literature for being too insular, and maybe it's partly because popular opinion here considers Dylan a contender, implicitly snubbing Pynchon, Roth, Delillo, McCarthy, and other great American writers that already have to compete with tens if not over a hundred of other great living literary figures across the globe. &lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;Not to mention that some people actually expect Dylan to be the first musical figure awarded that prize.&lt;/span&gt; It's also incredibly predictable to see Dylan in these lyrics-based threads just as it is to see five Beatles albums top a best albums chart (which seems to be an OK enough basis to call them overrated). Of course, whether or not he is &quot;overrated&quot; comes down to personal appreciation of his writing, but if you disagree that the weight he is given does not balance with his work, I simply can't take you seriously.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Eh, I'm a massive Dylan fanboy, as you probably know, but I wouldn't choose to read his words from a page. That said, I have yet to come across a lyricist whose words I would read, for pleasure, from a page (although I recently have taken to reading 'Gustavo' sans music, so perhaps Kozelek, but there's not a lot of his stuff that I think I'd enjoy in a similar way). I don't think Dylan deserves a Nobel Prize for Literature, nor do I think any first-and-foremost lyricist does, though Leonard Cohen would certainly be in with a shout. However, if the panel were stupid enough to give the award to a lyricist, then I don't see why Dylan wouldn't be first choice. I get the arguments for Newsom, but for me she's never written anything as biting as 'Ballad of a Thin Man', no story as interesting as 'Tangled Up In Blue', nothing on the same level as 'Visions of Johanna' or 'Simple Twist of Fate' or even 'Po' Boy'. But these things are subjective. My favourite poet is Seamus Heaney, whilst others would certainly prefer Keats or Yeats or Auden. So yeah, I don't think any song lyricist should be mentioned among the great novelists and poets, because it's a totally different medium. One is made for reading from a page, the other for being performed alongside music. But if people insist on putting a lyricist on that pedestal (which, for some strange reason, they do), then for me it should be Bob Dylan.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=266884#266884</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Anonymous</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Wed, 4 Dec 2013 11:54:47 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=266884#266884</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Best band Lyrically</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=266819#266819</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=24704'&gt;SamuelPear&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 12/04/2013 09:07&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          On the top of my mind, just woke up ...&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Arcade Fire&lt;br /&gt;
Alex Turner&lt;br /&gt;
Julian Casablancas&lt;br /&gt;
Robin Pecknold</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=266819#266819</comments>
                            <dc:creator>SamuelPear</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Wed, 4 Dec 2013 04:07:16 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=266819#266819</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Best band Lyrically</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=266749#266749</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=-1'&gt;Anonymous&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 12/04/2013 04:05&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          At the moment 16 Horsepower or Wovenhand for me (same guy so it doesn't matter which).&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I don't know why, but stuff like this I really enjoy:&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;I am an honest man when I ain't lyin'&lt;br /&gt;
I am a living man when I commence to dyin'&lt;br /&gt;
Bring it down bring it down on me, put me on a high horse so everyone can see&lt;br /&gt;
Then kick the nag an leave me be, swingin' from the tree&lt;/span&gt;</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=266749#266749</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Anonymous</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Tue, 3 Dec 2013 23:05:16 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=266749#266749</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Best band Lyrically</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=266743#266743</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=25611'&gt;SingingPeasant96&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 12/04/2013 03:44&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Top 3&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Belle &amp; Sebastian&lt;br /&gt;
The Magnetic Fields&lt;br /&gt;
The Smiths</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=266743#266743</comments>
                            <dc:creator>SingingPeasant96</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Tue, 3 Dec 2013 22:44:10 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=266743#266743</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Best band Lyrically</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=266717#266717</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=-1'&gt;Anonymous&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 12/04/2013 02:45&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          There's many solo artists I'd put here, but I'll focus on bands.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Neutral Milk Hotel&lt;br /&gt;
The Flaming Lips&lt;br /&gt;
Pink Floyd&lt;br /&gt;
Mastodon</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=266717#266717</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Anonymous</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Tue, 3 Dec 2013 21:45:55 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=266717#266717</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Best band Lyrically</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=266714#266714</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=-1'&gt;Anonymous&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 12/04/2013 02:41&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Back to the point of the thread, excluding solo acts...&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;hit close to home&lt;/span&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
Red House Painters/Sun Kil Moon&lt;br /&gt;
Low&lt;br /&gt;
Portishead&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;can be incredibly clever and emotive&lt;/span&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
Built to Spill&lt;br /&gt;
Pavement&lt;br /&gt;
Modest Mouse&lt;br /&gt;
The Replacements&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I know I'm missing several acts; largely recycling what's been said. I'm surprised Portishead hasn't been mentioned yet, though. Several songs off their first two albums (most notably &quot;Glory Box&quot;) and the entirety of &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;Third&lt;/span&gt; address women's issues in the most direct way I've seen outside of ostentatiously feminist music, and definitely in the most sinister way.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=266714#266714</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Anonymous</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Tue, 3 Dec 2013 21:41:16 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=266714#266714</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Best band Lyrically</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=266708#266708</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=-1'&gt;Anonymous&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 12/04/2013 02:13&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;creator wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;Agreed!  &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;All Hail West Texas&lt;/span&gt; was the first album that took me to another place.  I felt like I could hear the best ever death metal band out of Denton practicing in Jeff's garage down the street.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
'When you punish a person for dreaming his dream, don't expect him to thank or forgive you'</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=266708#266708</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Anonymous</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Tue, 3 Dec 2013 21:13:07 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=266708#266708</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Best band Lyrically</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=266707#266707</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=25097'&gt;creator&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 12/04/2013 02:10&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;rayword45 wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;The Mountain Goats don't get enough fucking respect on this site.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Agreed!  &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;All Hail West Texas&lt;/span&gt; was the first album that took me to another place.  I felt like I could hear the best ever death metal band out of Denton practicing in Jeff's garage down the street.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=266707#266707</comments>
                            <dc:creator>creator</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Tue, 3 Dec 2013 21:10:57 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=266707#266707</guid>
                          </item></channel></rss>