<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<rss version="2.0" xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/">
<channel>
  <title>Best Ever Albums</title>
  <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/index.php</link>
  <description>&quot;I get by with a little help from my friends&quot; - The Beatles</description>
  <language>en</language>
  <ttl>1</ttl>
<item>
                            <title>Re: User Pick of the Day (#1): Brilliant Trees by David Sylvian</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=300020#300020</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=27395'&gt;WindowAbove&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 03/18/2014 11:41&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          I haven't heard this but I like Secrets of the Beehive. I need to check out Japan too.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=300020#300020</comments>
                            <dc:creator>WindowAbove</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Tue, 18 Mar 2014 07:41:24 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=300020#300020</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: User Pick of the Day (#1): Brilliant Trees by David Sylvian</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=300009#300009</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=15562'&gt;Norman Bates&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 03/18/2014 09:04&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &quot;Red Guitar&quot; is excellent, otherwise Sylvian will do much better later on - e.g. the aforementioned &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;Secrets of the Beehive&lt;/span&gt;, or &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;Dead Bees on a Cake&lt;/span&gt;, or &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;Gone to Earth&lt;/span&gt;. I'd go for these ones first for a glimpse of what Sylvian does best.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=300009#300009</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Norman Bates</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Tue, 18 Mar 2014 05:04:07 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=300009#300009</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: User Pick of the Day (#1): Brilliant Trees by David Sylvian</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=299997#299997</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=-1'&gt;Anonymous&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 03/18/2014 05:41&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Thank you for the nomination. Very unexpected.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I am a big fan of all of David Sylvian's work. He is always trying to push boundaries and is not afraid to try something new. I like this album in particular because of the arrangement and the vocals. It is so mellow and the vocals are so rich.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
As a recommendation I would like to add Japan's final studio album to the list.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;div class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;    &lt;img src=&quot;http://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_10341_4e449aaa40f46.jpg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; style=&quot;cursor:pointer;&quot;  onclick=&quot;window.open('http://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_10341_4e449aaa40f46.jpg','imgpop','width=500,height=496,status=no,toolbar=no,menubar=no');return false&quot; /&gt;    &lt;span class=&quot;hidden-md hidden-lg&quot;&gt;&lt;small&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;i&gt;&lt;/i&gt;&lt;/small&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/div&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?a=10341&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;Tin Drum by Japan&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Different from his solo work but easy to see what ideas he is building on.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=299997#299997</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Anonymous</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Tue, 18 Mar 2014 01:41:18 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=299997#299997</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: User Pick of the Day (#1): Brilliant Trees by David Sylvian</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=299881#299881</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=27698'&gt;NickVolos&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 03/17/2014 23:35&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Quite a coincidence about this pick... &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Smile&quot;&gt;😄&lt;/span&gt;  A couple of days ago I was into an early/mid-80's music mood; stumbled upon his name and Japan but never listened to any of their stuff. Will do that next time around though.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=299881#299881</comments>
                            <dc:creator>NickVolos</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Mon, 17 Mar 2014 19:35:15 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=299881#299881</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: User Pick of the Day (#1): Brilliant Trees by David Sylvian</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=299846#299846</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=18173'&gt;Romanelli&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 03/17/2014 22:57&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          I love Sylvian's work. Secrets Of The Beehive is excellent. You might also want to check this one out:&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
cr&lt;div class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;    &lt;img src=&quot;http://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_18710_4e795bce8119e.jpg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; style=&quot;cursor:pointer;&quot; height=&quot;250&quot; onclick=&quot;window.open('http://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_18710_4e795bce8119e.jpg','imgpop','width=500,height=500,status=no,toolbar=no,menubar=no');return false&quot; /&gt;    &lt;span class=&quot;hidden-md hidden-lg&quot;&gt;&lt;small&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;i&gt;Thumbnail. Click to enlarge.&lt;/i&gt;&lt;/small&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/div&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?a=18710&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;Rain Tree Crow by Rain Tree Crow&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
This is basically a Japan reunion under the name Rain Tree Crow. Good stuff as well.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=299846#299846</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Romanelli</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Mon, 17 Mar 2014 18:57:43 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=299846#299846</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: User Pick of the Day (#1): Brilliant Trees by David Sylvian</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=299843#299843</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=27018'&gt;mickilennial&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 03/17/2014 22:53&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          It's not quite as good as &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;Secrets of the Beehive&lt;/span&gt; but you can tell the ideas that David Sylvian was really beginning to toy with ranging from pop, ambient, soul, and jazz which all became the genre of sophisti-pop. The smooth production is quality and Sylvian's voice is smooth but much more controlled then on future releases. It's quite a good record if you really appreciate what went into it.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;BrandonMeow wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;I have listened to about half of: &lt;div class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;    &lt;img src=&quot;http://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_2964_4e36a0d2e2aa6.jpg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; style=&quot;cursor:pointer;&quot; height=&quot;250&quot; onclick=&quot;window.open('http://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_2964_4e36a0d2e2aa6.jpg','imgpop','width=500,height=500,status=no,toolbar=no,menubar=no');return false&quot; /&gt;    &lt;span class=&quot;hidden-md hidden-lg&quot;&gt;&lt;small&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;i&gt;Thumbnail. Click to enlarge.&lt;/i&gt;&lt;/small&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/div&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?a=2964&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;Secrets Of The Beehive by David Sylvian&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
but I really didn't get it at all. His voice wasn't my thing and I don't remember there being much special about the music. So I'm not too interested in this one.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
How in hades don't you dig the smooth ambient-pop hybrid soundscapes atop of Sylvian at his most emotional?  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Sad&quot;&gt;🙁&lt;/span&gt;</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=299843#299843</comments>
                            <dc:creator>mickilennial</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Mon, 17 Mar 2014 18:53:25 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=299843#299843</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: User Pick of the Day (#1): Brilliant Trees by David Sylvian</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=299810#299810</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=-1'&gt;Anonymous&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 03/17/2014 21:38&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          I have listened to about half of: &lt;div class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;    &lt;img src=&quot;http://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_2964_4e36a0d2e2aa6.jpg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; style=&quot;cursor:pointer;&quot; height=&quot;250&quot; onclick=&quot;window.open('http://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_2964_4e36a0d2e2aa6.jpg','imgpop','width=500,height=500,status=no,toolbar=no,menubar=no');return false&quot; /&gt;    &lt;span class=&quot;hidden-md hidden-lg&quot;&gt;&lt;small&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;i&gt;Thumbnail. Click to enlarge.&lt;/i&gt;&lt;/small&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/div&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?a=2964&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;Secrets Of The Beehive by David Sylvian&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
but I really didn't get it at all. His voice wasn't my thing and I don't remember there being much special about the music. So I'm not too interested in this one.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=299810#299810</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Anonymous</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Mon, 17 Mar 2014 17:38:51 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=299810#299810</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: User Pick of the Day (#1): Brilliant Trees by David Sylvian</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=299807#299807</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=23168'&gt;drakonium&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 03/17/2014 21:34&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          SuzyQ's chart is amazing. I had seen this one as it's pretty high on there, so I had checked him on Wikipedia. He's the singer of a synth pop band called Japan. I gave their album Quiet Life a listen, and it was solid. I think I'll check the rest of their discography (at least, the part of it that looks interesting) before checking out this one. I'll definitely do it at some point, though.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=299807#299807</comments>
                            <dc:creator>drakonium</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Mon, 17 Mar 2014 17:34:22 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=299807#299807</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: User Pick of the Day (#1): Brilliant Trees by David Sylvian</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=299805#299805</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=26192'&gt;antiloopje&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 03/17/2014 21:28&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          I like the short summary!&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Never heard the album though, so I'll first listen to it before commenting on that.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=299805#299805</comments>
                            <dc:creator>antiloopje</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Mon, 17 Mar 2014 17:28:42 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=299805#299805</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>User Pick of the Day (#1): Brilliant Trees by David Sylvian</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=299764#299764</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=-1'&gt;Anonymous&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 03/17/2014 20:04&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Welcome all to the first User Pick of the Day.  The chart selection process is ongoing, but I don't see any reason we couldn't start with what we already have.  After randomly selecting a chart from the list of 16 that have already been confirmed, the first pick is:&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;div class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;    &lt;img src=&quot;http://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_7912_5327537d26f7b.jpg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; style=&quot;cursor:pointer;&quot; height=&quot;250&quot; onclick=&quot;window.open('http://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_7912_5327537d26f7b.jpg','imgpop','width=500,height=500,status=no,toolbar=no,menubar=no');return false&quot; /&gt;    &lt;span class=&quot;hidden-md hidden-lg&quot;&gt;&lt;small&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;i&gt;Thumbnail. Click to enlarge.&lt;/i&gt;&lt;/small&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/div&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?a=7912&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;Brilliant Trees by David Sylvian&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;Chart&lt;/span&gt;: &lt;a href=&quot;http://www.besteveralbums.com/usercharts.php?u=24975&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;Top 100 Greatest Music Albums by SuzyQ&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;Year&lt;/span&gt;: 1984&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;Rank on BEA Overall&lt;/span&gt;: 1,990&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;Average Rating&lt;/span&gt;: 77/100&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;Summary Info&lt;/span&gt;:  David Sylvian, formerly of the band Japan, released his first solo effort in 1984 with &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;Brilliant Trees&lt;/span&gt;.  The album was critically acclaimed and featured his biggest hit as a solo artist, &quot;Red Guitar.&quot;  The album is often classified as new wave or art rock.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;span class=&quot;forum-bbcode-font-size-9&quot; style=&quot;line-height: normal&quot;&gt;Details on the implementation and chart selection process of &quot;User Pick of the Day&quot; can be found &lt;a href=&quot;http://www.besteveralbums.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=9858&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;here&lt;/a&gt; and &lt;a href=&quot;http://www.besteveralbums.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=9872=&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;here&lt;/a&gt;, respectively.&lt;/span&gt;</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=299764#299764</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Anonymous</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Mon, 17 Mar 2014 16:04:48 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=299764#299764</guid>
                          </item></channel></rss>