Obama is awesome/Iron Maiden sucks

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
View previous topic :: View next topic

Poll: Do you think Obama should ban Iron Maiden?
Yes
62%
 62%  [10]
No
18%
 18%  [3]
Who REALLY shot JFK?!
18%
 18%  [3]
Total Votes : 16

Jackwc
Queen Of The Forums

Canada

• Posted: 05/03/2012 20:23
  • Post subject:
40footwolf wrote:
I can vouch for Jack, the guy was a hateful, ignorant scumbag. He didn't show his true colors that often but every time he did it was always in a pretty profoundly angry, stupid fashion. I tried to straight-talk him via PM a couple of times but he only responded with rage and insanity. He's a delusional, bigoted shithead and we're better off without him. He's had more than enough chances to show he can behave himself and he's blown all of them.

Here, here

Music sucks. Check out my favourite movies, fam:
http://letterboxd.com/jackiegigantic/
  • Visit poster's website
Jackwc
Queen Of The Forums

Canada

• Posted: 05/03/2012 21:04
  • Post subject:
19loveless91 wrote:
I did miss that. I'm in a wrong timezone I guess.
If the "new member" you mean is Hermes, then, even if he is GARY, it's a castrated and a much mellower version of him. I didn't see him causing any problems yet, and he only posts one youtube video and smiley face per post.

(though after seeing his overall and 1980s chart, you may just be right.)

Yeah, Hermes WAS GARY, that's why he was banned. The concern is that he may now have ANOTHER sockpuppet.

Music sucks. Check out my favourite movies, fam:
http://letterboxd.com/jackiegigantic/
  • Visit poster's website
40footwolf

United States

• Posted: 05/03/2012 21:16
  • Post subject:
Albummaster should be able to IP ban people? That'd take care of it pretty quick.

-John Cassavettes
  • Visit poster's website
alelsupreme
Awful.

United Kingdom

• Posted: 05/03/2012 21:25
  • Post subject:
I think the people defending Gary are just too new, they never saw what he was really like.
  • Visit poster's website
Kiki

• Posted: 05/03/2012 21:44
  • Post subject:
One thing that I always wondered about Gary was... well who was in real life? I know how he is from a family that had very close ties in music and he was playing instruments from a very young age. He said how he used to be involved with music and even hinted a few times that the group he was in were one that sold a lot of records or at least definitely signed. Yet... I never got to find out who this group were. All the times I asked him only made him angry and when I tried searching for the music using information I knew about him (where he recorded, birthdate, music style, when he started playing) all I got was brick walls. Say what you will about Gary but there will be a curiosity in me which will remain unquenched forever. I still want to hear the music, even if it comes with a revelation that he is some artist that sold millions.
19loveless91
mag. druž. inf

Slovenia

• Posted: 05/03/2012 21:54
  • Post subject:
Jackwc wrote:
Yeah, Hermes WAS GARY, that's why he was banned. The concern is that he may now have ANOTHER sockpuppet.

If it's who I think it is, then I gotta hand it to him, he's getting better and more subtle...

I didn't even know that Hermes was banned. I didn't really spend a lot of time here lately, which might explain why I didn't pick up on all of this earlier. Still, going through Hermes' posts, I'd say this is the good side of GARY - not excessive with posting youtube vids and emoticons, not aggressive with his opinions. But yeah it's his fault he didn't do that sooner.

@40footwolf, charts by Hermes and GARY are from different IP addresses, so that doesn't really solve anything in this case
  • Visit poster's website
40footwolf

United States

• Posted: 05/03/2012 22:00
  • Post subject:
an_outlaw wrote:
One thing that I always wondered about Gary was... well who was in real life? I know how he is from a family that had very close ties in music and he was playing instruments from a very young age. He said how he used to be involved with music and even hinted a few times that the group he was in were one that sold a lot of records or at least definitely signed. Yet... I never got to find out who this group were. All the times I asked him only made him angry and when I tried searching for the music using information I knew about him (where he recorded, birthdate, music style, when he started playing) all I got was brick walls. Say what you will about Gary but there will be a curiosity in me which will remain unquenched forever. I still want to hear the music, even if it comes with a revelation that he is some artist that sold millions.

It didn't occur to you that he was just bullshitting?

-John Cassavettes
  • Visit poster's website
Kiki

• Posted: 05/03/2012 22:23
  • Post subject:
40footwolf wrote:
It didn't occur to you that he was just bullshitting?

It can't be written off so easily. He did give a lot of facts about the music and his past with it. I'm not sure how big he was but from what I read he was definitely a musician. He knew what he was talking about is what I am saying.
40footwolf

United States

• Posted: 05/03/2012 22:33
  • Post subject:
an_outlaw wrote:
It can't be written off so easily. He did give a lot of facts about the music and his past with it. I'm not sure how big he was but from what I read he was definitely a musician. He knew what he was talking about is what I am saying.

He gave a lot of pretty distinct information about himself-how he used to raise animals for a pet store, how he crushed one of his fingers in a car accident, his tenure in the Gulf War. It shouldn't be hard to find SOMETHING about the guy if all of these suspiciously enthralling things about his life are true, especially if he was part of a major rock band.

-John Cassavettes
  • Visit poster's website
Kiki

• Posted: 05/03/2012 23:14
  • Post subject:
It would be best if this issue isn't raised any further. Nothing good can come from posting such thoughts right now so I'm afraid this thread will have to be locked. Everyone remain calm and get on with what you were doing before. What is in the past is in the past.

Thread locked