RIP Adam Yauch (MC-A of the Beastie Boys)

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic
PrinceMush

Canada

• Posted: 05/05/2012 04:27
  • Post subject:
I find this almost ironic... We just found a cure for cancer and refused to release it, because it wouldn't make a profit. Now another amazing artist died of cancer. Sad
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
Wombi

• Posted: 05/05/2012 05:25
  • Post subject:
Yeah, this just nothing short of sucks Crying or Very sad

RIP Adam

listeneng to "Pass The Mic"
Matheusfm

Brazil

• Posted: 05/05/2012 05:40
  • Post subject:
R.I.P.
  • Visit poster's website
PrinceMush

Canada

• Posted: 05/05/2012 18:29
  • Post subject: The Early Life and Death of Beasties Boys' MCA
I wrote this quick biography on Adam Yauch to show my thanks and appreciation for all he has done for the music community. I realize that it isn't THAT great of a write-up, but I hope to teach you a little bit about him.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adam Yauch (also known as MCA in a famous hip-hop/rap rock band "Beastie Boys") born in 1964 was an only child born and raised in Brooklyn, New York. Despite being born from a catholic father and a jewish mother; Yauch grew up in a non-religious home. In high school he taught himself the bass guitar and became very fond music. While attending high school him and a couple of close friends (John Berry, Kate Schellenbach, and Michael Diamond [Mike D]) formed the Beastie Boys. On Yauch 17th birthday, they played their very first show. At the time they were a hardcore punk band and didn't receive much applause from anyone at their first show.

When Beastie Boys guitarist John Berry quit in 1981, Adam Horovitz (also known as Ad-Rock) soon replaced him in 1982, when he was 16 years old. Shortly after Horovitz joined the band; they changed their sound from Hardcore punk to a Hip-Hop sound. When Yaugh was 22 he starting directing most of the Beastie Boys' music videos and the group later released their debut "Licensed to Ill" in 1986. Their debut was the first ever hip-hop LP to top the Billboard 200 chart and in 2003 was ranked number 217 on Rolling Stone's list of "The Greatest 500 Albums of All Time."

Quote:
"This trio showcased their legendary sense of humor on one of their early tracks, "Cooky Puss." Named after a popular Carvel ice cream novelty cake, this rap single featured crack calls to an ice cream shop."(Biography)

In 2009, Yaugh was diagnosed with cancer. He and the rest of the members in the band were determined to released one last album before they were to break up. They were successful in doing so and released "Hot Sauce Committee Part Two" in 2011 which received many positive reviews. It appeared by this time that Yaugh's cancer treaments were successful, but the worse was to come. Just two after being induced in the Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame; Adam Yaugh passed away on May 4th from cancer at the age of 47.

After being induced into the Hall of Fame; he gave his thanks to his fans and members
Quote:
“They [Mike D & Ad-Rock] walked the globe with me. It’s also for anyone who has ever been touched by our band. This induction is as much ours as it is yours.” - Adam Yaugh (MCA)
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website