Songs that give you chills....

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic
Norman Bates

France

• Posted: 11/11/2009 13:59
  • Post subject:
brohio wrote:
Also, I tried to get thru the Suicide song which went on and on and on and on and other than the words which I don't care about, it was structurally weak and obviously repetitive.

Sure is repetitive. And ? Oh well, your loss.
  • Visit poster's website

• Posted: 11/13/2009 19:00
  • Post subject:
brohio wrote:
Oh my god what was that screeching mess? You're not saying that this Joanna Newsom song gives you the chills are you? Maybe they are a different kind of chill than the ones I get when listening to a rapturous piece. I liken it to nails on a blackboard. Maybe that can give someone the chills I suppose. Also, I tried to get thru the Suicide song which went on and on and on and on and other than the words which I don't care about, it was structurally weak and obviously repetitive. I thought this forum was about giving us the chills not the creeps. I'm actually disappointed that you guys think that stuff is any good. Unless you're into the lyrics and I'm not. You tell me.

uhh..
brohio

• Posted: 11/13/2009 19:20
  • Post subject:
Alex Chilton wrote:
brohio wrote:
Oh my god what was that screeching mess? You're not saying that this Joanna Newsom song gives you the chills are you? Maybe they are a different kind of chill than the ones I get when listening to a rapturous piece. I liken it to nails on a blackboard. Maybe that can give someone the chills I suppose. Also, I tried to get thru the Suicide song which went on and on and on and on and other than the words which I don't care about, it was structurally weak and obviously repetitive. I thought this forum was about giving us the chills not the creeps. I'm actually disappointed that you guys think that stuff is any good. Unless you're into the lyrics and I'm not. You tell me.

uhh..

Brilliant! Couldn't have said it better myself! You should go into politics mate!

• Posted: 11/13/2009 19:21
  • Post subject:
you fit in well here..
Charicature

United States

• Posted: 11/13/2009 21:32
  • Post subject:
Alex Chilton wrote:
brohio wrote:

uhh..

He's really right, you know....I listened to that for as long as I could (about a minute and a half). She rivals the "Chrome Cranks" for the worst musical act I've ever heard. Well, not really - they were pretty damned awful - but her voice really does sound like nails going down a chalkboard. Screechy being the best word to describe her vocals. The music and lyrics themselves seemed pretty uninspired.
brohio

• Posted: 11/14/2009 18:59
  • Post subject:
Charicature wrote:
Alex Chilton wrote:
brohio wrote:

uhh..

He's really right, you know....I listened to that for as long as I could (about a minute and a half). She rivals the "Chrome Cranks" for the worst musical act I've ever heard. Well, not really - they were pretty damned awful - but her voice really does sound like nails going down a chalkboard. Screechy being the best word to describe her vocals. The music and lyrics themselves seemed pretty uninspired.

You da man, man...
Boogn1sh

• Posted: 11/17/2009 04:53
  • Post subject:
Each is entitled to their own reaction to things. Personally I found the Joanna Newsom track to be charming in a Shaggs kind of way. I could imagine a Great Aunt singing like this, late at night, on a porch with crickets chirping, after a holiday family get together. To me, you're missing the point if you're focusing strictly on the way her voice sounds. It's about the atmosphere that it creates, the kind of naive warmth that it gives off. Something can be chilling because of it's simplicity and directness, it doesn't necessarily require swelling string ensemble's or grandiose guitar orgasms.

But clearly I'm a dumbass and the track is terrible...I'll save you the trouble of having to type that

Oh, and I enjoyed the Suicide track
  • Visit poster's website