10 Nick Drake
40footwolf

United States

• Posted: 11/22/2009 21:00
  • Post subject:
brohio wrote:
40footwolf wrote:
brohio wrote:
BTW ... your top 50 is a riot. 9 Nirvana and 8 Smashing Pumpkins? And why don't you permit anyone in here to enter feedback on your top 50? Can't take the rejection or what dude?
Aren't you the same fucking guy with the Steve Miller Band and Jethro Tull on his list? You're pretty much not allowed to rip on anyone else's taste, especially when it has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

Sorry muncher, Jethro Tull's Thick as a Brick can find a home on any savvy music afficianado's list and the Steve Miller album mentioned, which I'm sure you never heard, sounds nothing like the pop guy he became so bite it clownie. If you listened to this stuff instead of just slamming it you might learn something. Simply put, my list is better than your list. K?
Man, this shit is SAD. "My list is better than your list! I remember when music was good! Things that are boring are better than things I don't understand! Somebody! Anybody! PLEASE PAY ATTENTION TO ME!"

Take it somewhere else, ya boring old fuck.
  • Visit poster's website
brohio

• Posted: 11/22/2009 23:22
  • Post subject:
40footwolf wrote:
brohio wrote:
40footwolf wrote:
brohio wrote:
BTW ... your top 50 is a riot. 9 Nirvana and 8 Smashing Pumpkins? And why don't you permit anyone in here to enter feedback on your top 50? Can't take the rejection or what dude?
Aren't you the same fucking guy with the Steve Miller Band and Jethro Tull on his list? You're pretty much not allowed to rip on anyone else's taste, especially when it has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

Sorry muncher, Jethro Tull's Thick as a Brick can find a home on any savvy music afficianado's list and the Steve Miller album mentioned, which I'm sure you never heard, sounds nothing like the pop guy he became so bite it clownie. If you listened to this stuff instead of just slamming it you might learn something. Simply put, my list is better than your list. K?
Man, this shit is SAD. "My list is better than your list! I remember when music was good! Things that are boring are better than things I don't understand! Somebody! Anybody! PLEASE PAY ATTENTION TO ME!"

Ya you're right.. I'm the boring one when your inane list has 9 Nirvana and 8 Smashing Pumpkins! Laugh here. I mean come on. Now you know who's boring you whiner. Knocking Jethro Tull in favor of Nirvana and Smashing Pumpkins, who I think were both great bands for a while, just shows the chasm between you and I. And another thing. Your profile says "Comic Book Writer Hopeful". Quote, unquote. Now do you wanna remind me who's a boring old fuck?
Boogn1sh

• Posted: 11/22/2009 23:33
  • Post subject:
Favorite artists and favorite albums by them that are not in my top 50, no order

Richard D. James (Aphex Twin, AFX, Polygon Window, Power Pill...)- Hangable Auto Bulb

Ween - The Pod

Bob Dylan- Nashville Skyline

Robert Wyatt - Shleep

Yo La Tengo - I Can Hear the Heart Beating as One

Can - Tago Mago

Big Star - Radio City

Brian Eno - Here Come The Warm Jets

Nick Cave- From Her to Eternity

The Beatles/John Lennon Paul McCartney - Plastic Ono Band (Is that cheating?)
  • Visit poster's website
40footwolf

United States

• Posted: 11/23/2009 00:26
  • Post subject:
brohio wrote:
40footwolf wrote:
brohio wrote:
40footwolf wrote:
brohio wrote:

Ya you're right.. I'm the boring one when your inane list has 9 Nirvana and 8 Smashing Pumpkins! Laugh here. I mean come on. Now you know who's boring you whiner. Knocking Jethro Tull in favor of Nirvana and Smashing Pumpkins, who I think were both great bands for a while, just shows the chasm between you and I. And another thing. Your profile says "Comic Book Writer Hopeful". Quote, unquote. Now do you wanna remind me who's a boring old fuck?

You. You are the boring old fuck.

How is this unclear?
  • Visit poster's website
Charicature

United States

• Posted: 11/23/2009 03:15
  • Post subject:
Catherine Wheel/Rob Dickinson
Depeche Mode
Jesus Jones
Grant Lee Buffalo/Grant Lee Phillips
Smashing Pumpkins (pre-Machina)
Bad Religion (though I've woefully few albums)
Placebo
Franz Ferdinand (but they'll never be on my top 50 greatest albums list)
Matthew Sweet (though he's been hit-or-miss since 100% Fun)

The tenth is a tough one because there's a lot of choices. I'm going to go with Simon & Garfunkel, though. Together - Paul Simon's okay alone, but really Art was great interpreting Paul's songs, much as Dave Gahan is great interpreting Martin Gore's songs for DM. The whole becomes greater than the sum of its parts.
ctsimcox

• Posted: 11/23/2009 03:23
  • Post subject:
1. Modest Mouse
2. Bob Dylan
3. Slint
4. Neutral Milk Hotel
5. Built To Spill
6. The Microphones
7. Pavement
8. Animal Collective
9. The Kinks
10. Explosions In The Sky
brohio

• Posted: 11/23/2009 05:15
  • Post subject:
40footwolf wrote:
brohio wrote:
40footwolf wrote:
brohio wrote:
40footwolf wrote:
brohio wrote:

You. You are the boring old fuck.

How is this unclear?

What's clear is that being a boring old fuck is an asset if I'm being compared to you and your infantile tastes. Remember that when you grow up and become a comic book writer pal. And now you bore me.