• Posted: 06/13/2012 09:02
  • Post subject:
thanks for sharing that. Rolling Eyes
  • Visit poster's website

• Posted: 06/13/2012 09:07
  • Post subject: Re: Moderators
Romanelli wrote:
Just a quick response regarding my own involvement:

1) I've been a moderator here for some time now, and I can say that I have yet to have to delete a post or thread, lock a thread, warn any member, ban any member, or edit any thread, and I'm sure that there are others who can say the same thing. Part of it may be that I'm usually here when not much happens...but also because there isn't a whole lot of bad stuff going on here that I have seen. Because for the most part, everyone does a decent job of keeping things cool.

2) What I have seen that's been moderated in the manner you are talking about has been very minimal. I haven't seen anyone trying to be king because they have moderator status. I think that the people who are moderators here have done a good job of showing a lot of patience and restraint and realizing that they need to not have to remind everyone that they have a title that 99.9% of the time simply consists of reading a lot of threads we wouldn't normally read to make sure no one is abusing the site rules.

3) I know FatherTime. Have known him online for over ten years. He is the type of person who hides behind his monitor and uses his anonimity as a weapon. Jhereko is right...I believe that he was greeted with responses that were appropriate for the way he came in here, and we DID have moderation at that time. And I can tell you this...had he not been chased away, a lot of people would be, by now, begging for moderation....or gone. Because he is a guy who takes over a site and makes everything all about him...in the nastiest ways possible. I've seen him chase away entire populations on message boards. I've seen him learn personal things about people and attack without any thought with that same information. He is the reason for moderators on any site, period. FatherTime is a virus.

4) I've seen sites that are moderated heavily. This is most certainly not one of them. Things could definitely be much worse here. They are not. I believe that the moderation team actually does a really good job of NOT overdoing things.

I can't claim to know a lot about the FatherTime thing, but everything written here seems extremely reasonable.
Polythene Pam

• Posted: 06/13/2012 09:18
  • Post subject:
albummaster wrote:
thanks for sharing that. Rolling Eyes

I think she is kidding, pretty sure she is some relations of Jhereko's
Facetious

Pakistan

• Posted: 06/13/2012 12:42
  • Post subject:
Zoso wrote:
The mods are basically cunts

All of them? I don't think so. Could you please specify, which moderators are the cunts?
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
Zoso

Australia

• Posted: 07/02/2012 13:19
  • Post subject:
It was a joke! I even was banned for it hahahahahahha
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website