Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic
RFNAPLES
Level 8

United States

• Posted: 08/01/2012 17:41
  • Post subject:
Robert Anton Wilson wrote:
A "To donate" button sounds to me like a brilliant idea. Not to replace the premium member fee but in addition, and, might I say, likely should come first (easier to set up if I am not wrong). I know I would never pay a fee to become a premium member but I have at times in the past willingly and freely donated to similar sites which I found cool just as a support. This is a particularly effective option if you know that a few regulars come and post here when drunk.

Furthermore, while I think the tag charts is amazing, I really think the thematic or "for fun" chart is what is truly missing from this site.

I mean i sure would love to tell everyone what was 25th favorite album of 1987 but frankly I thought 1987 sucked music wise and that there were not 25 albums deserving of a BEA mention published in that year.

However, I definitely would like to hear from people who consider themselves knowledgeable or amateur of a given music style about which album they consider to be the best in that genre through a list designed specifically for that purpose.

I know i have been defecting a lot to RYM lately for that reason. There is a limit to how interested I am to what everybody thinks is the 25th best album of 1987 or much any year for that matter.

My 2 cents.

Agree, especially with "This is a particularly effective option if you know that a few regulars come and post here when drunk."
  • Visit poster's website
  • Send email
  • Visit poster's website
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 08/02/2012 13:31
  • Post subject:
Robert Anton Wilson wrote:
A "To donate" button sounds to me like a brilliant idea. Not to replace the premium member fee but in addition, and, might I say, likely should come first (easier to set up if I am not wrong). I know I would never pay a fee to become a premium member but I have at times in the past willingly and freely donated to similar sites which I found cool just as a support. This is a particularly effective option if you know that a few regulars come and post here when drunk.

Furthermore, while I think the tag charts is amazing, I really think the thematic or "for fun" chart is what is truly missing from this site.

I mean i sure would love to tell everyone what was 25th favorite album of 1987 but frankly I thought 1987 sucked music wise and that there were not 25 albums deserving of a BEA mention published in that year.

However, I definitely would like to hear from people who consider themselves knowledgeable or amateur of a given music style about which album they consider to be the best in that genre through a list designed specifically for that purpose.

I know i have been defecting a lot to RYM lately for that reason. There is a limit to how interested I am to what everybody thinks is the 25th best album of 1987 or much any year for that matter.

My 2 cents.

thanks for the feedback. I understand what you are saying about year charts. The reason they were added was mainly because people were always asking to create a chart for the current year (or using their main chart to do the same thing), but obviously some people also like to back-fill previous years as well. 'Fun' charts are next on my 'to do' list and I agree that they will give a far bigger scope to the site, and make it more interesting to a lot of people.
  • Visit poster's website
Robert Anton Wilson
Epic Proghead

Canada

• Posted: 08/08/2012 15:48
  • Post subject:
Yes the year charts were a great addition. Guess I am just a little impatient for the theme charts but I want to ensure you that I wholeheartedly endorse all your efforts and appreciate this site and all your work on keeping it relevant. I also appreciate how much work it must be and basically just want to say ..

Keep up the good work and

Thank you
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 08/09/2012 11:37
  • Post subject:
thanks, there are updates in the pipeline, so things will start moving again soon. I've been a bit slack lately.
  • Visit poster's website