Number of comments per track visible on album page

View previous topic :: View next topic
Mother Nature's Son

Denmark

• Posted: 11/28/2012 14:49
  • Post subject: Number of comments per track visible on album page
Yeah, that's right. I want to see how many have commented on each song on an album, so I don't have to click on a song and go to its page to see how many have commented on it. This will make it faster and easier to check out what people think about the specific tracks on an album. It will also make it easier for people to fill out the many empty song comment sections for even the most classic albums.

For the design of this I'm suggesting something similar to the one recently made for the "My Charts" feature, or maybe the number of comments for a song could be right below the average rating score.

Sorry if I sound too demanding.
Jasonconfused
If We Make It We Can All Sit Back and Laugh

United States

• Posted: 11/28/2012 16:13
  • Post subject: Re: Number of comments per track visible on album page
Mother Nature's Son wrote:
Yeah, that's right. I want to see how many have commented on each song on an album, so I don't have to click on a song and go to its page to see how many have commented on it. This will make it faster and easier to check out what people think about the specific tracks on an album. It will also make it easier for people to fill out the many empty song comment sections for even the most classic albums.

For the design of this I'm suggesting something similar to the one recently made for the "My Charts" feature, or maybe the number of comments for a song could be right below the average rating score.

I have only done this with the first album on my chart so far but I'm in the process of doing that for all the albums on my top 100 chart. The way I'm going to go about is it to listen to an album as I write the comments so that they are as fresh a comment about the song as possible and not just something like "good track"
  • Visit poster's website
Mother Nature's Son

Denmark

• Posted: 11/28/2012 19:13
  • Post subject: Re: Number of comments per track visible on album page
Jasonconfused wrote:
I have only done this with the first album on my chart so far but I'm in the process of doing that for all the albums on my top 100 chart. The way I'm going to go about is it to listen to an album as I write the comments so that they are as fresh a comment about the song as possible and not just something like "good track"

That's cool. I love "Mr. Crowley" btw. Will also make comments for each song on my top favourite albums one day.
Happymeal

• Posted: 11/28/2012 20:17
  • Post subject:
Every so often I comment on a song, but that is an interesting idea.
Jasonconfused

United States

• Posted: 11/28/2012 21:22
  • Post subject:
I was just in the middle of commenting on several songs and then after about 3 albums it just stopped saving my comments and it says there are not comments for those songs. Is there a problem or will they just be logged later? My other comments were being logged immediately.
  • Visit poster's website
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 11/28/2012 21:38
  • Post subject:
Jasonconfused wrote:
I was just in the middle of commenting on several songs and then after about 3 albums it just stopped saving my comments and it says there are not comments for those songs. Is there a problem or will they just be logged later? My other comments were being logged immediately.

Apologies, I'll investigate that. It sounds like a caching issue. You can see your latest comments from this page here (and it'll always be up to date): http://www.besteveralbums.com/fav.php?m...=c&o=t
If your comments are listed there and not on the track page, it is a caching issue - if you wait a short while they will appear on the track page a bit later (I'll investigate why the delay is happening).

Mother Nature's Son wrote:
I want to see how many have commented on each song on an album, so I don't have to click on a song and go to its page to see how many have commented on it....

Sounds a good idea. I'll add to the list...
  • Visit poster's website
Jasonconfused

United States

• Posted: 11/28/2012 21:43
  • Post subject:
Thanks albummaster. I tried commenting on tracks on another album and it worked fine so it's just the album Irish Tour that seems to have that cache problem since all my comments are appearing just fine on the link you provided. Thanks for your help!
  • Visit poster's website
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 11/28/2012 21:56
  • Post subject:
No problem, I think the caching issue is happening for those tracks that didn't have any stats until your input (i.e. tracks that hadn't been rated or commented). I'll make a fix over the next day or so, but your comments will appear before then.
  • Visit poster's website
Mother Nature's Son

Denmark

• Posted: 11/29/2012 17:16
  • Post subject:
albummaster wrote:
No problem, I think the caching issue is happening for those tracks that didn't have any stats until your input (i.e. tracks that hadn't been rated or commented). I'll make a fix over the next day or so, but your comments will appear before then.

Thanks albummaster. I think I've experienced the same when commenting on "Locust Abortion Technician". None of the tracks has been rated before and none of my comments appears on any of the tracks either (so I think your theory is right).