Duplicating chart entry comments

View previous topic :: View next topic
Norman Bates

France

• Posted: 06/13/2013 09:00
  • Post subject: Duplicating chart entry comments
Hello! Hope this hasn't been brought up yet.

Generally, BEA users tend to like it better when charts come with personal comments explaining the reason for the pick, giving info about the artist, etc. I like that too, it makes the chart look more personal and committed to, plus the info is always good to have. I'm trying to write more comments nowadays myself, at least in my custom charts.

Now, with custom charts precisely, the same album can be found in different charts by the same user : general chart, decade chart, year chart + one or two custom charts for instance. I do have some albums on 4 different charts. It's a minority, but still.

Therefore, to my point: would it be possible to have an option allowing a user to automatically have his comments for an entry duplicated to the other occurences of said entry in her/his other charts? Writing 3 or 4 different texts is not easy, duplicating them manually (i.e. copypasting them) can be a somewhat tedious affair.

Thanks in advance, albummaster.
  • Visit poster's website
JMan

• Posted: 06/13/2013 15:17
  • Post subject:
Well, some people might want different comments for their charts, like a comment on how good an album is on his/her main chart, or a comment on how well an album fits the decade on his/her decade charts, or a comment on how well the album fits the genre on his/her genre charts.
Romanelli
Bone Swah

United States

• Posted: 06/13/2013 15:29
  • Post subject:
JMan wrote:
Well, some people might want different comments for their charts, like a comment on how good an album is on his/her main chart, or a comment on how well an album fits the decade on his/her decade charts, or a comment on how well the album fits the genre on his/her genre charts.

Hence the word "option".
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
Norman Bates

France

• Posted: 06/13/2013 18:47
  • Post subject:
JMan wrote:

Absolutely. If the option existed, they would just have to NOT tick the option box on their profile/chart page.
  • Visit poster's website
GeevyDallas
WATTBA

• Posted: 06/13/2013 20:47
  • Post subject:
Need this tbh
  • Visit poster's website
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 06/14/2013 07:26
  • Post subject: Re: Duplicating chart entry comments
Norman Bates wrote:
Hello! Hope this hasn't been brought up yet.

Generally, BEA users tend to like it better when charts come with personal comments explaining the reason for the pick, giving info about the artist, etc. I like that too, it makes the chart look more personal and committed to, plus the info is always good to have. I'm trying to write more comments nowadays myself, at least in my custom charts.

Now, with custom charts precisely, the same album can be found in different charts by the same user : general chart, decade chart, year chart + one or two custom charts for instance. I do have some albums on 4 different charts. It's a minority, but still.

Therefore, to my point: would it be possible to have an option allowing a user to automatically have his comments for an entry duplicated to the other occurences of said entry in her/his other charts? Writing 3 or 4 different texts is not easy, duplicating them manually (i.e. copypasting them) can be a somewhat tedious affair.

Thanks in advance, albummaster.

Agree, would be quite useful. I'll add something like a pick-list so you can either pick from any comments you have made previously regarding the same album in your other charts (which you could then edit), or add your own free text from scratch (by not using the pick list).
  • Visit poster's website