72%  [13]
Swim
27%
 27%  [5]
Total Votes : 18

Puncture Repair

• Posted: 06/17/2013 15:27
  • Post subject:
Wow. I come on here thinking of all the things I'd need to say about the album, worried that I wouldn't be able to do it justice. I'm glad someone that actually knows about the genre got there before me, thanks nezzle, that's certainly a weight of my shoulders, and I can't express how much I enjoyed reading that and learning more about the record.

Honestly I personally don't have much to say about this album except I love what I hear. I saw it on /mu/ a while back in a thread about hip-hop albums to play to people who think the genre is all about 'guns and hos' - I also recall seeing it in lethalnezzle's chart, so I gave it a spin.

This album is so fresh and fun whilst being so insightful I find it hard to imagine that anyone who likes Hip-Hop could dislike it. Exile's beats are so catchy and Blu's lyrics and attitude paint him to be such a likable and thoughtful guy. I was absolutely blown away when I first heard it, and lingered on the anticipation for the next song. It's one of those albums where, actually, every song is incredible. Some albums I find myself zoning out and only switching back on when a memorable track comes on, but here song after song I was completely hooked - and it's an impressive 65 minutes long. I usually find Hip-Hop doesn't have many memorable moments, but I feel for every song here I could hum you a beat or recite you a lyric. I listened to it again today and just smiled to myself throughout simply because it's so damn good. Just moments like when First Things First or Blu Collar Worker comes on, I just know my next four minutes is going to be well spent.

Amazed this album is still so underground.
Mercury
Turn your back on the pay-you-back last call

United States

• Posted: 06/18/2013 03:01
  • Post subject:
Another great and tough match. I really liked Swim. But Below the Heavens I rally really liked.

ONLY 4% of people can understand this chart! Come try!

My Fave Metal - you won't believe #5!!!
  • Visit poster's website