Lady Gaga

View previous topic :: View next topic
Applerill
Autistic Princess <3

United States

• Posted: 12/30/2010 14:48
  • Post subject: Lady Gaga
Okay, like most of you guys, I think of her as a worthless pop tart and nothing more. But some of the things going on with her are starting to get me curious.

First off, I was looking at Wikipedia's "List of Concept Albums" article (, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_concept_albums), and I was shocked to see her album The Fame on it. Confused I mean, I know about the "theme" and everything, but really?

Then, this morning, I read a glowing review of The Fame from Emusic, one of my favorite music sites, and where I buy all my music.

What's even more interesting is that, a few months ago, I found out that she started out as a piano prodigy, just like Tori Amos. Obviously, Tori Amos had a pretty embarrassing start, too, even though nobody knew about her then.

So here's the question I have for you guys: Do you guys think that Lady Gaga will mature into something amazing in a few years? Is she already there? Or will she go on drugs and end up like Lindsay Lohan in about 15 minutes?
  • Visit poster's website
19loveless91
mag. druž. inf

Slovenia

• Posted: 12/30/2010 17:14
  • Post subject: Re: Lady Gaga
Applerill wrote:
Do you guys think that Lady Gaga will mature into something amazing in a few years?

I think she quit on any "mature" shit as there is no fame and money (in the way she would like I guess) in that.. Yes she started as a piano prodigy, i think i even watched one of her old videos once, which proves that she is actually really talented, but I don't think she will become the next Tori Amos or anything because she's steering in a totally different direction.. The reason is what I mentioned - fame, money, and I guess tendency to shock people to achieve both rather than do so with the quality of her music.

Oh and I don't know enough about "Fame" to know whether it really is a concept album.. It might be but then again wikipedia is not always the most reliable source.
  • Visit poster's website
Kiki

• Posted: 12/30/2010 17:38
  • Post subject:
If those multi million selling songs are her own doings then maybe.
GARY

Brunei Darussalam

• Posted: 12/31/2010 02:36
  • Post subject:
This is a good question.I'm not a big Lady Ga Ga fan.But it's not really her music that I have a problem with.It's her image.I like to think that I can spot talent when I see it.Lady Ga Ga has plenty of it.One of the problems I have with many of the music worlds young super famous & super rich chart toppers is They don't play any instrument nor do they write their own songs.They are not musical "artists" as much formulated commercial products of record companies.They can sing well, for the most part,dance,& look good.Now if that was the standard of musical greatness back in the day(thank God it wasn't)the world would never of had the pleasure of hearing the music of people like Bob Dylan,Neil Young,Keith Richards,or Bill Cogen of Smashing Pumpkins.To me it's not about how cute one is or how good they can hit the high notes or if they are wearing the latest fashionable clothes.It's about the lyrics.& even if your not a prolific songwriter you can still create great songs if the instruments are played well.As for Lady Ga Ga I give her credit.She plays keyboards & writes her own lyrics.But it's hard to take someone seriously that thinks every day is holloween & goes by the name Ga Ga.When all is said & done I have a sneaking suspicion she has plenty of intriguing things to say in her future songs & I hope she sticks around long enough to let us see what's behind the fame monster.I don't know Ga Ga just change your name for Chrizzakes.I wish her well.

And all I got was this silly hat

• Visit poster's website
thomas697

Australia

• Posted: 12/31/2010 07:38
  • Post subject:
I dont really mind her, she seems good enough at what she does and doesnt seem to threaten good music (too much).

But what I dont like is how she wants to shock people, but for no real reason. It's not hard to schock people, but at least have a reason why you are doing it. If you want to shock people atleast have an alterior motive or else you are just insulting them. Dressing up like a fuck wit just to say "Oh yeah society I bet you cant stand the way I do things, Yeah look how individual I am, doesnt it just aggrevate you?" this attitude really annoys me.

And no her albums is not a concept album, unless the concept is .. "Bunch of pop/dance songs"

She'll probably be the next madonna though, not because of skill or anything, just lack of competition.
Applerill
Autistic Princess <3

United States

• Posted: 01/23/2011 01:52
  • Post subject:
Guys, I just found out that Black Sabbath's debut is one of Lady Gaga's favorite albums ever Shocked

I might just go buy her album now.
  • Visit poster's website
purple

• Posted: 01/23/2011 18:44
  • Post subject:
Ke$ha and Katy Perry and Taylor Swift are infinitely better
cartoken
The Seer

France

• Posted: 01/23/2011 18:57
  • Post subject:
Never understood all the hype around Lady Gaga, there's so much better "pop" artists: Beyoncé, Rihanna, Kelis, BEP, Nelly Furtado, Justin Timberlake...etc. of course i listened to her album (The Fame) and it was pretty shitty !
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website