My New Song

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic
Wombi

• Posted: 01/28/2011 06:08
  • Post subject:
Freddie55 wrote:
Just the vocals sounded fuzzy. I really liked the musicality of the song.

okay, thats probably a fair call.
Mr. Shankly

United States

• Posted: 01/28/2011 18:29
  • Post subject:
It's good. It's not quite my personal cup of tea, but it's very listenable and catchy, and I don't feel a need to leave the room or turn it off. There's definitely an audience for this kind of music. Personally, I like the plinking of the violin strings, and the piano breakdown in the middle (the bridge?). Actually, I like the organ too. Those spooky sounding background voices sound ghost-like near the end. Is the track supposed to have a spooky vibe? I like the chime sounds too. Your voice sounds sort of like Thom Yorke and the lead singer from Clap Your Hands, Say Yeah! Are you forcing yourself to sing falsetto (projecting from the throat rather than from the diaphragm), or is your voice naturally that high? Singing that way can be physically demanding, putting quite a strain on the vocal cords and throat--just something to keep in mind. One thing I really don't like is the intro--too much of an 80's dance pop vibe. I would prefer if it started with the piano or something simple and organic and then bring in the electro-funk. That's just a personal preference. Overall though, it's a very creative,catchy composition. Let's hear some more. Smile
  • Visit poster's website

• Posted: 01/28/2011 22:18
  • Post subject:
Freddie55 wrote:
I will bet dollars to donuts that clarity will live forever and fuzz will be an eternal joke.

Without meaning to deride, especially on a thread in which I do not want to take attention away from the topic, but that is one of the single stupidest sentences I have ever read.

I'm not even going to give your argument credence via giving any sort of example, but "fuzz" has been a large part of much of the world's most creative and enjoyable music for longer than your 55 year lifespan. Sorry everything can't be recorded in 24-track studios by Elton John.
Wombi

• Posted: 01/29/2011 03:42
  • Post subject:
Mr. Shankly wrote:
It's good. It's not quite my personal cup of tea, but it's very listenable and catchy, and I don't feel a need to leave the room or turn it off. There's definitely an audience for this kind of music. Personally, I like the plinking of the violin strings, and the piano breakdown in the middle (the bridge?). Actually, I like the organ too. Those spooky sounding background voices sound ghost-like near the end. Is the track supposed to have a spooky vibe? I like the chime sounds too. Your voice sounds sort of like Thom Yorke and the lead singer from Clap Your Hands, Say Yeah! Are you forcing yourself to sing falsetto (projecting from the throat rather than from the diaphragm), or is your voice naturally that high? Singing that way can be physically demanding, putting quite a strain on the vocal cords and throat--just something to keep in mind. One thing I really don't like is the intro--too much of an 80's dance pop vibe. I would prefer if it started with the piano or something simple and organic and then bring in the electro-funk. That's just a personal preference. Overall though, it's a very creative,catchy composition. Let's hear some more. Smile

Thanks heaps for the in depth analysis i really appreciate things like this. I guess i like my songs to have a sort of balance of hope and despair and this is probably the bounciest song i've written so i added the ghostish voices to make it a little bit i guess spooky yeah.
I naturally and reasonably effortlessly sing high and can sing mid as well (I'm nopt sure if you can hear the lead vocals during the chorus but thats mid range) low is when i strain my voice, i.e. i would struggle to sing anything by the national Smile The intro is a hard one i mean it's a song in which i built it around that main riff so i'm unlikely to change the intro. But I really appreciate what you said.
Wombi

• Posted: 01/29/2011 04:18
  • Post subject:
lethalnezzle wrote:
Freddie55 wrote:
I will bet dollars to donuts that clarity will live forever and fuzz will be an eternal joke.

Without meaning to deride, especially on a thread in which I do not want to take attention away from the topic, but that is one of the single stupidest sentences I have ever read.

I'm not even going to give your argument credence via giving any sort of example, but "fuzz" has been a large part of much of the world's most creative and enjoyable music for longer than your 55 year lifespan. Sorry everything can't be recorded in 24-track studios by Elton John.

Very Happy agreed. Though fuzz is not the sound i want i think music that does use it effectively have lasted and will last for years to come.
Freddie55

Canada

• Posted: 01/29/2011 16:11
  • Post subject:
Jhereko wrote:
lethalnezzle wrote:
Freddie55 wrote:

Very Happy agreed. Though fuzz is not the sound i want i think music that does use it effectively have lasted and will last for years to come.

I think that Jhereko has a lot of talent. My statement regarding fuzz is my opinion. I offered no argument. Lethalnezzle offered no argument either. I guess he could say that My Bloody Valentine is great and I would say yech! Those also are just opinions. I prefer clarity because I can hear the lyrics and if an artist has something to say that is important. What is great about fuzz blanketing vocals?
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
purple

• Posted: 01/30/2011 02:07
  • Post subject:
people love noise, people just love different noises.

It always pleased me to learn that the Greeks would always have these shrill horns that they would play in the noisiest possible fashion during ancient festivals (maybe sometimes during ancient theatre too); always made me smile to know that a culture perceived as one of the greats had their own version of noise rock
SquishypuffDave

Australia

• Posted: 01/30/2011 02:08
  • Post subject:
Freddie55 wrote:
Jhereko wrote:
lethalnezzle wrote:
Freddie55 wrote:

I think that Jhereko has a lot of talent. My statement regarding fuzz is my opinion. I offered no argument. Lethalnezzle offered no argument either. I guess he could say that My Bloody Valentine is great and I would say yech! Those also are just opinions. I prefer clarity because I can hear the lyrics and if an artist has something to say that is important. What is great about fuzz blanketing vocals?

I think it adds a certain element of mystery, and I like the aesthetic. Lyrics to me are sort of secondary. So I guess it comes down to the artist's intention.
  • Visit poster's website