Grammy Awards

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic

Poll: Who Will Win the Grammy Album of the Year Award?
The Suburbs by Arcade Fire
60%
 60%  [6]
Recovery by Eminem
10%
 10%  [1]
Need You Now by Lady Antebellum
0%
 0%  [0]
The Fame Monster by Lady Gaga
20%
 20%  [2]
Teenage Dream by Katy Perry
10%
 10%  [1]
Total Votes : 10

GARY

Brunei Darussalam

• Posted: 02/14/2011 19:09
  • Post subject:
I lost interest in the Grammys back in 1989 when Jethro Tull's album Crest Of A Knave won the Grammy for best hard metal album over And Justice For All by Metallica. Shocked First of all Jethro Tull is a folk rock band in wich the singer Ian Anderson plays the flute as his main instrument. Second, And Justice For All is one of the best Metal albums ever made. Period. Then, as if that wasn't bad enough, Metallica wins a grammy in 2004 for best metal performance for St. Anger which is Metallica's WORST album they have made by far. Embarassed

But I did pay a bit of attention this year. And I was happy to see Iron Maiden, Neil Young, and Paul McCartney win Grammys Applause

And overjoyed at the fact that justin Bieber won no, none, 0 Grammys Dancing

And all I got was this silly hat

• Visit poster's website
thomas697

Australia

• Posted: 02/14/2011 23:12
  • Post subject:
GARY wrote:
I lost interest in the Grammys back in 1989 when Jethro Tull's album Crest Of A Knave won the Grammy for best hard metal album over And Justice For All by Metallica. Shocked First of all Jethro Tull is a folk rock band in wich the singer Ian Anderson plays the flute as his main instrument. Second, And Justice For All is one of the best Metal albums ever made. Period. Then, as if that wasn't bad enough, Metallica wins a grammy in 2004 for best metal performance for St. Anger which is Metallica's WORST album they have made by far. Embarassed

But I did pay a bit of attention this year. And I was happy to see Iron Maiden, Neil Young, and Paul McCartney win Grammys Applause

Gary, I hate to say this but .. I agree with every word you just said.
Mr. Shankly

United States

• Posted: 02/15/2011 00:52
  • Post subject:
So it looks like this year the Grammy's may have gotten it at least partially right and surprised some of us naysayers. To think, Arcade Fire on Merge Records won album of the year. That's pretty mind boggling. I'll admit that every now and then, the Grammy's surprises me, but next year, I expect some lame mainstream pop or adult contemporary album to win.
  • Visit poster's website
Charicature

United States

• Posted: 02/15/2011 16:19
  • Post subject:
This was the first Grammys I've watched in around 15 years. Not that I cared, it was just on.

I was happy to see that Muse won Best Rock Album for The Resistance. Of course, since it came out in the fall of 2009, it was kind of confusing why they won the award for 2010. But oh, well. The Grammys will do what the Grammys will do.
ffudnebbuh
level 8

United States

• Posted: 02/16/2011 13:01
  • Post subject:
GARY wrote:

I lost interest in 1978 when a Taste of Honey beat Elvis Costello as best new artist.
  • Visit poster's website
GARY

Brunei Darussalam

• Posted: 02/16/2011 16:01
  • Post subject:
ffudnebbuh wrote:
GARY wrote:

I lost interest in 1978 when a Taste of Honey beat Elvis Costello as best new artist.

Ya that's messed up when Elvis Costello got beat by a band with one hit song called Boogie Oogie Oogie Rolling Eyes

And all I got was this silly hat

• Visit poster's website
40footwolf

United States

• Posted: 02/16/2011 19:41
  • Post subject:
Mr. Shankly wrote:
So it looks like this year the Grammy's may have gotten it at least partially right and surprised some of us naysayers. To think, Arcade Fire on Merge Records won album of the year. That's pretty mind boggling. I'll admit that every now and then, the Grammy's surprises me, but next year, I expect some lame mainstream pop or adult contemporary album to win.

So...you expect Arcade Fire to come out with another album next year?

*ba-dum-bum-PISH*

-John Cassavettes
  • Visit poster's website
Mr. Shankly

United States

• Posted: 02/16/2011 20:32
  • Post subject:
40footwolf wrote:
Mr. Shankly wrote:

So...you expect Arcade Fire to come out with another album next year?

*ba-dum-bum-PISH*

Lol! Actually, I have yet to even hear that album, but their first is a classic, and it had to be better than what it was up against.
  • Visit poster's website
Juan Schwartz

United States

• Posted: 02/17/2011 03:47
  • Post subject:
HIGHLIGHTS
- Arcade Fire winning!
- Arcade Fire playing two songs!
- That one girl whom i'd never heard of, thus not having a reputation as an annoying pop star, winning best new artist.
- The Biebs face when he lost best new artist.
- Seth Rogen's Miley Cyrus joke.
- The 3 second clip of Alex Chilton singing "The Letter" during the obituaries.
- the half-a-second muted clip of the Ramones when they won their grammy lifetime achievement award.
- The picture of Don Vliet during the obituaries.

LOWLIGHTS
- Bob Dylan sounding like he had a dying cat in his throat during "Maggie's Farm".
- Pretty much everyone's performance (except Arcade fire's, of course.)
- When Gywenth Paltrow came in during the middle of "Fuck You" and started dueting with Cee-lo. like seriously! What the fuck was that?!
- When, during the obituaries, they put Malcolm McLaren and Don Vliet on the same slide together. Come on! Don deserves more than being next to that douchebag. They should have paid tribute to him instead of solomon burke, honestly (No offense to SB of course, but c'mon! it's captain beefhart! imagine frownland on TV!)
- Trish Keenan, Andy Hummel, Ari Up etc. not being in the obituaries.

Also, i love how the suburbs has gone up like 40% in this thread since the grammys have ended. Surprised
  • Visit poster's website