I want to build a fort

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic

• Posted: 01/14/2014 22:46
  • Post subject:
an_outlaw wrote:
Yes Very Happy I am looking for places to start right now as well as collecting the materials.

Are you going to create a blueprint or are you going to improvise? Very Happy
JMan

• Posted: 01/15/2014 00:12
  • Post subject: Re: I want to build a fort
an_outlaw wrote:
I've decided that if I can build a fort of some kind I can elevate my status and the incredibleness of myself. I'm not sure what I will use to build it yet or if it will be an extension of my house, in my garden or as something separate entirely. I may even just build it inside my house, I don't know. What I do know is that it would be of great benefit to my life and I want it.

Has anyone ever thought about this or undertaken such a thing? Who here has fort building experience? What do you think are the biggest pitfalls in my fort dream?

I feel excited beginning this new project. Wish me luck! Very Happy

I loved building forts as a kid, and I would love to do it with my niece once she's a-walkin' and a-talkin'. Materials: Bunk bed with ladder, pillows, colorful blankets, cardboard boxes, signs. I guess those would be the proper materials. But seriosly, not without "bunk bed," because bunk bed forts were always better in my childhood. If you happen to find a triple bunk bed and make a flag, your fort is perfected.

Actually, I just thought of something. Are there human sized cat trees? I'll google that...

Built by the Catmandu Research Institute.
sp4cetiger

• Posted: 01/15/2014 09:54
  • Post subject:
If I were going to build a fort, I'd do it over a river like a beaver but higher and without struts. Anyone who tried to cross would first have to dispose of my waste without leaving my sight and then I'd make them dance to a Moondog record. I would live off the land cause there would be rockets in my shoes and I would make it my quest to hunt down the Blair witch and make her eat my snotty tears of fright. Animals would come from miles around to share in my spiritual fort vision and I would shoot the one that most looked like Bambi's mother or Jack, whichever I saw first. Non-endemic monkeys would be there too. I would compose music to mimic the wistful melancholy of a retarded wood thrush and then play it loudly at a squirrel while it's trying to sleep. The fort would be made of wood that I stole from the window frames of pink automobiles and if a family member tried to visit I would tell them to their face that I'm on holiday and can't be reached without great effort or a Skype account. I'd tell them my inspiration was Uncle Dave Macon, history's greatest troubadour and possum carver, even though it would only be a half-truth/possum. No BEAluminati allowed.

Don't be jealous.
alelsupreme
Awful.

United Kingdom

• Posted: 01/15/2014 17:46
  • Post subject:
sp4cetiger wrote:
No BEAluminati allowed.

Link

• Visit poster's website
Saoirse

• Posted: 01/15/2014 18:40
  • Post subject:

Pillow forts are the best, until you get cooties
sp4cetiger

• Posted: 01/15/2014 19:21
  • Post subject:
alelsupreme wrote:

Link

Sp4cetiger apologizes for being mean to the BEAluminati, it was really his own defects that led to these incidents. He will regain control of his account if he promises to post in a more responsible way.

We are God.
SquishypuffDave

Australia

• Posted: 01/16/2014 03:13
  • Post subject:
My shed is currently full of cardboard boxes I've stolen from the dumpsters at the local supermarket. From these boxes I have constructed two cardboard towers (one for each main hub) and planned a series of box tunnels. I have also bought every sheet and blanket I could find at the local op-shop, and a large supply of clamps. This Saturday I am going to throw a blanket fort party the likes of which has not been seen in these parts since the great ruggening of '67. The fortress shall be known as South Blanketshire. Guests will each represent their own blanket kingdom with traditional clothing according to local custom.

Pictorial evidence will likely be posted sometime this weekend.
  • Visit poster's website