NCAA Brackets/Games thread (college basketball)

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic
sp4cetiger

• Posted: 03/22/2014 04:43
  • Post subject:
NBA is a blast. It's sick what some of those dudes can do. I'm a Philly boy, so... yeah, rooting more for my favorite players than team this year.
Silver

• Posted: 03/22/2014 05:32
  • Post subject:
sp4cetiger wrote:
NBA is a blast. It's sick what some of those dudes can do. I'm a Philly boy, so... yeah, rooting more for my favorite players than team this year.

Ouch, at least you can take comfort in knowing you'll probably be pretty good in a couple of years. Yeah, for me my big two teams are Dallas and Golden State. I know that's kind of contradictory considering how close those two are in the playoffs right now and there's been some bad blood between them in the pat, but I was born in Dallas and my family are from there so we all support the Mavericks, but I identify as a Californian and all so I love the Warriors. It's a weird kind of way to go about things, and as time goes on I'll probably become more and more Warriors over Mavericks, but that's how things are right now. I'm not complaining though, looks like both are gonna make the playoffs.
sp4cetiger

• Posted: 03/22/2014 05:37
  • Post subject:
SilverWalrus wrote:
Ouch, at least you can take comfort in knowing you'll probably be pretty good in a couple of years. Yeah, for me my big two teams are Dallas and Golden State. I know that's kind of contradictory considering how close those two are in the playoffs right now and there's been some bad blood between them in the pat, but I was born in Dallas and my family are from there so we all support the Mavericks, but I identify as a Californian and all so I love the Warriors. It's a weird kind of way to go about things, and as time goes on I'll probably become more and more Warriors over Mavericks, but that's how things are right now. I'm not complaining though, looks like both are gonna make the playoffs.

Cool, I love watching Dirk and I still have a soft spot for Curry from his Davidson years. GS looks promising going forward, but Dallas... I dunno, Cuban has had a lot of whiffs in free agency lately.
Silver

• Posted: 03/22/2014 06:01
  • Post subject:
sp4cetiger wrote:
Cool, I love watching Dirk and I still have a soft spot for Curry from his Davidson years. GS looks promising going forward, but Dallas... I dunno, Cuban has had a lot of whiffs in free agency lately.

It's been pretty torturous since the championship year, but Monta has been playing great this season and we've always been competitive at least. I trust Cuban to turn things around at some point and get something going, but speaking honestly, I can't see that happening until Dirk is gone. We're probably going to have to tear things down once he leaves and suck for a few years, but I guess that's the natural life cycle of a team. I mean, look at the Lakers and Boston. Anyways, this is a college ball thread so let's turn the discussion back to that.

So, that Duke game right?
Hammy

• Posted: 03/23/2014 11:23
  • Post subject:
Mercury wrote:
I know what you mean. It can look pretty slow and, well, amateur if you're used to the NBA

Oddly enough I actually prefer college basketball because it's so amateurish compared to the NBA. It's a lot more unpredictable, which makes for some great upsets. I watch the Orlando Magic though so maybe I can't tell the difference.

I was too lazy to complete a bracket this year but I have Wichita winning it all. I'm partially biased in picking them, it would make a great story, but I have faith in their veteran squad.

Fun fact: I went to Florida vs. Pitt yesterday, Bill Belichick was at the game and when they showed him on the jumbo-tron the crowd immediately booed. I also found it pretty funny someone near me mistook Bill's wife for his daughter. Laughing
  • Visit poster's website
benpaco
Who's gonna watch you die?

United States

• Posted: 03/23/2014 19:39
  • Post subject:
Gah these officials in the Wichita game are ridiculous. The shockers could get away with murder right now, and Kentucky can't even play in the paint without getting called anymore.

. . . 2016 . . . 2015 . . .

Things I Make
  • Visit poster's website
Hammy

• Posted: 03/23/2014 22:56
  • Post subject:
Tonality wrote:

I was too lazy to complete a bracket this year but I have Wichita winning it all. I'm partially biased in picking them, it would make a great story, but I have faith in their veteran squad.

Well so much for that prediction.
  • Visit poster's website