Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
View previous topic :: View next topic
Mies

• Posted: 03/09/2014 18:35
  • Post subject:
BrandonMeow wrote:
Pretty much this.

Also, Goodsir, make Mercury an omelet.

I start listening to them when I was 16, now I'm 22 and I still listen to such masterpieces. Probably you have a different way to listen to music. But don't say that like a real thing, because there are a million people who still listen to this shit Laughing
Goodsir

• Posted: 03/09/2014 19:11
  • Post subject:
Mercury wrote:
Apology accepted.

Now make me an omelet.

Think Any specific ingredients?
Mies

• Posted: 03/09/2014 19:19
  • Post subject:
Mercury wrote:
For Robert Plant (and I feel the same about most all white soul and blues singers in the US an UK that I've heard) it feels like the music and feeling is not so purely passionate and emotional. It feels more "sexified" and downgraded in my eyes.

Still there are a lot of albums and bands and singers that I love of this same ilk - such as The Stones, Van Morrison, John Mayall, and some others. And again I also really like a lot if Zeppelin's stuff. Just not so much the vocals or the messages in the songs.

I understand you when you say that it's not so nice to hear someone who tries to be someone other eheh, I like Plant's voice more when he is heavier, that I think it's just his place, and not when he tries to be soulful or sexy. Also, I really dislike him as a person, as I see him in interviews etc., but that's another story.

Anyway, I would like to ask you: why do you think that sexified music is so downgraded? I think sex is one of the most noble things of our lives.

Ps: I love so much this album Smile
mickilennial
The Most Trusted Name in News

Poland

• Posted: 03/09/2014 19:25
  • Post subject:
Sensual music is best left to soul musicians, anyway. Razz
  • Visit poster's website
Mercury
Turn your back on the pay-you-back last call

United States

• Posted: 03/09/2014 19:40
  • Post subject:
Goodsir wrote:
Think Any specific ingredients?

Whatever you think I'd like in the area of meats and cheeses. I don't want any veggies.

Mies wrote:
I understand you when you say that it's not so nice to hear someone who tries to be someone other eheh, I like Plant's voice more when he is heavier, that I think it's just his place, and not when he tries to be soulful or sexy. Also, I really dislike him as a person, as I see him in interviews etc., but that's another story.

Anyway, I would like to ask you: why do you think that sexified music is so downgraded? I think sex is one of the most noble things of our lives.

Ps: I love so much this album Smile

Well it's not that I feel it being sexified in all instances is bad. I think someone can add a bunch of sex to an art of whatever and make it more easily marketable. But, that also is not necessarily a bad thing. Like I love "Lets Get It On", and a lot of soul music that is very sensual. But the way Plant performs this stuff just seems less passionate and more like he is a horny sob who wants to arouse as many people as possible and sell shit tons of records and nail fuck tons of groupies.

ONLY 4% of people can understand this chart! Come try!

My Fave Metal - you won't believe #5!!!
  • Visit poster's website
Mies

• Posted: 03/09/2014 22:14
  • Post subject:
Mercury wrote:
Well it's not that I feel it being sexified in all instances is bad. I think someone can add a bunch of sex to an art of whatever and make it more easily marketable. But, that also is not necessarily a bad thing. Like I love "Lets Get It On", and a lot of soul music that is very sensual. But the way Plant performs this stuff just seems less passionate and more like he is a horny sob who wants to arouse as many people as possible and sell shit tons of records and nail fuck tons of groupies.

Ahah well I already told you what I think about him, so I agree with you on that. I really can't stand him, every time I see him talking or something, sometimes yes, even singing.
But also I think that songs like "I can't quit you baby" or "Since I've been loving you" really mean sex in a wonderful way. And that's not about Plant's way of singing, or what he tells, or what he wants to be, etc, but it's the sound in itself, and the other three musician.. I'm slowly coming to the soul music world, as I'm not used to that kind of music, and I think I'm gonna love very much soul in the future, so I can understand what you mean, but these songs and that style (and there are not only sexy songs or something like that) is a different thing, not just a bad copy of other genres. Don't think about Plant.
But you already said you still like them, so I don't want to talk anymore, as it's gonna be useless. Very Happy
SquishypuffDave

Australia

• Posted: 03/10/2014 02:02
  • Post subject:
Goodsir wrote:
I now realize I was being a fucking moron and I actually formally apologized to Silver in a PM. I was having a shit day (this is a terrible excuse) and Led Zep are a personal favorite. It was idiotic of me to expect nothing put praise. To anyone else that was offended by my lack of any reason in those posts whatsoever, I am sincerely sorry.

It's very cool of you to say this. Respect.
  • Visit poster's website
Maucat

Italy

• Posted: 03/26/2014 08:58
  • Post subject:
A wonderfull debut album. A mix of Rock and Blues where the guitars of Jimmy Page and the voice of Robert Plant create a beautifull mix of sensations.
  • Visit poster's website