find me this and i will never make an account here again

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic

• Posted: 04/01/2014 18:37
  • Post subject:
lolyoulikeoasis7 wrote:
do you not want a site that deals with these problems head on

I just want a site free from your syphilitic presence.
undefined

• Posted: 04/01/2014 18:46
  • Post subject:
lolyoulikeoasis7 wrote:
wtf are you talking about, i have never seen the walking dead, so i don't know what that means

pillowbiting sarcasm is a pain on the internet, just say what you mean

there are a couple of simple rules that will keep me from posting

don't bring up oasis, they fucking suck, they should never be brought up again

the same pretty much goes for u2

this problem is very similar to 20 something women thinking that katy perry is ultra talented

everyone involved needs to wear a dunce cap for a year

then there is the dad rock and indie rock problem, it all needs to go away

all of those problems extend here

do you not want a site that deals with these problems head on

http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2013/0...n-default/

anyone else noticing the similarities?
sp4cetiger

• Posted: 04/01/2014 18:59
  • Post subject:
You know the worst thing about kidamnesiac? He makes me enjoy Radiohead less. Sad
alelsupreme
Awful.

United Kingdom

• Posted: 04/01/2014 21:54
  • Post subject:
sp4cetiger wrote:
You know the worst thing about kidamnesiac? He makes me enjoy Radiohead less. Sad

It just baffles me how someone so rabidly against dadrock and indie rock loves Floyd and Radiohead so much.
  • Visit poster's website
Kool Keith Sweat

• Posted: 04/01/2014 21:59
  • Post subject:
"Radiohead, the most hyped and probably the most over-rated band of the decade, upped the ante for studio trickery. They had begun as third-rate disciples of the Smiths, and albums such as Pablo Honey (1993) and The Bends (1995) that were cauldrons of Brit-pop cliches. Then OK Computer (1997) happened and the word "chic" took on a new meaning. The album was a masterpiece of faux avantgarde (of pretending to be avantgarde while playing mellow pop music). It was, more properly, a new link in the chain of production artifices that changed the way pop music "sounds": the Beatles' Sgt Pepper, Pink Floyd's Dark Side Of The Moon, Fleetwood Mac's Tusk, Michael Jackson's Thriller. Despite the massive doses of magniloquent epos a` la U2 and of facile pathos a` la David Bowie, the album's mannerism led to the same excesses that detracted from late Pink Floyd's albums (lush textures, languid melodies, drowsy chanting). Since thee production aspects of music were beginning to prevail over the music itself, it was just about natural to make them "the" music. The sound of Kid A (2000) had decomposed and absorbed countless new perfumes, like a carcass in the woods. All sounds were processed and mixed, including the vocals. Radiohead moved as close to electronica as possible without actually endorsing it. Radiohead became masters of the artificial, masters of minimizing the emotional content of very complex structures. Amnesiac (2001) replaced "music" with a barrage of semi-mechanical loops, warped instruments and digital noises, while bending Thom Yorke's baritone to a subhuman register and stranding it in the midst of hostile arrangements, sounding more and more like an alienated psychopath. Their limit was that they were more form than content, more "hype" than message, more nothing than everything."
undefined

• Posted: 04/01/2014 22:01
  • Post subject:
Kool Keith Sweat wrote:
"Radiohead, the most hyped and probably the most over-rated band of the decade, upped the ante for studio trickery. They had begun as third-rate disciples of the Smiths, and albums such as Pablo Honey (1993) and The Bends (1995) that were cauldrons of Brit-pop cliches. Then OK Computer (1997) happened and the word "chic" took on a new meaning. The album was a masterpiece of faux avantgarde (of pretending to be avantgarde while playing mellow pop music). It was, more properly, a new link in the chain of production artifices that changed the way pop music "sounds": the Beatles' Sgt Pepper, Pink Floyd's Dark Side Of The Moon, Fleetwood Mac's Tusk, Michael Jackson's Thriller. Despite the massive doses of magniloquent epos a` la U2 and of facile pathos a` la David Bowie, the album's mannerism led to the same excesses that detracted from late Pink Floyd's albums (lush textures, languid melodies, drowsy chanting). Since thee production aspects of music were beginning to prevail over the music itself, it was just about natural to make them "the" music. The sound of Kid A (2000) had decomposed and absorbed countless new perfumes, like a carcass in the woods. All sounds were processed and mixed, including the vocals. Radiohead moved as close to electronica as possible without actually endorsing it. Radiohead became masters of the artificial, masters of minimizing the emotional content of very complex structures. Amnesiac (2001) replaced "music" with a barrage of semi-mechanical loops, warped instruments and digital noises, while bending Thom Yorke's baritone to a subhuman register and stranding it in the midst of hostile arrangements, sounding more and more like an alienated psychopath. Their limit was that they were more form than content, more "hype" than message, more nothing than everything."

ummagummaexai

• Posted: 04/01/2014 22:27
  • Post subject:
alelsupreme wrote:
It just baffles me how someone so rabidly against dadrock and indie rock loves Floyd and Radiohead so much.

you must be easily baffled or you are just saying dumbass shit to argue on the internet

radiohead insn't indie and floyd is different than other dadrock and i only listen to ummagumma and piper

and even if you had a little bit of a point there are exceptions to every rule

please don't be so baffled, it makes you look like a dweeb
  • Visit poster's website
CubaZed

• Posted: 04/01/2014 22:33
  • Post subject:
ummagummaexai wrote:
you must be easily baffled or you are just saying dumbass shit to argue on the internet

radiohead insn't indie and floyd is different than other dadrock and i only listen to ummagumma and piper

and even if you had a little bit of a point there are exceptions to every rule

please don't be so baffled, it makes you look like a dweeb

6 minute ban! Record beaten.
mickilennial
The Most Trusted Name in News

Poland

• Posted: 04/01/2014 22:39
  • Post subject:
It'd be wonderful if you guys just ignored him and stopped feeding his inane comments.
  • Visit poster's website
Goodsir

• Posted: 04/01/2014 22:41
  • Post subject:
Gowienczyk wrote:
It'd be wonderful if you guys just ignored him and stopped feeding his inane comments.

^this