Frank Zappa would be ashamed

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic
CubaZed

• Posted: 04/25/2014 01:12
  • Post subject:
lethalnezzle wrote:
p.p.s. You're a sweetheart, benpaco. One day you'll make a beautiful girl very happy.

And some say that Nezzle's heart grew three sizes that day.
Mies

• Posted: 04/25/2014 01:17
  • Post subject:
As a non-english user, I agree with Drakonium: it's not so easy, etc.
But I always love reading people writing about albums they love. It's so lovely! If my prof of Math would have been so passionate in talking to us students about math, probably we all would like math now. And it works even more for arts.
But I also think that if a user here leaves a comment like "this is very good" or something like that, I wouldn't accuse him to be selfish, probably he really has nothing more to say about at the moment. And I know it's much more interesting reading more accurate or passionate comments, but it's not always possible, and those not-so-interesting comments are nothing bad.
Well, I find almost offensive a negative comment like "this is shit", but a positive one doesn't bother me.

And sorry for my english, always. Smile
Defago
Your Most Favorite User

Peru

• Posted: 04/25/2014 03:31
  • Post subject:
English is easy if you watch Dora
  • Visit poster's website
SquishypuffDave

Australia

• Posted: 04/25/2014 04:06
  • Post subject:
I'll admit making this thread was kinda dumb (I have a lot of feelings, okay?), and it wasn't really intended to be taken so seriously. I guess analyzing and discussing music isn't really my thing. There are a few music threads I like to check up on occasionally, and BEA is still my main source of music recs so I'm definitely not gonna be leaving for good, probably just here less frequently. I don't have much to offer to this subforum.
  • Visit poster's website
benpaco
Who's gonna watch you die?

United States

• Posted: 04/25/2014 04:17
  • Post subject:
SquishypuffDave wrote:
I'll admit making this thread was kinda dumb (I have a lot of feelings, okay?), and it wasn't really intended to be taken so seriously. I guess analyzing and discussing music isn't really my thing. There are a few music threads I like to check up on occasionally, and BEA is still my main source of music recs so I'm definitely not gonna be leaving for good, probably just here less frequently. I don't have much to offer to this subforum.

Albummaster can we please just have an exception rule to the no lounge thing for Besteveralbumville? Please? I think we all miss that and it was healthy and kind to everyone, nothing much to discuss, just a wonderful ... webcomic-y thing, I suppose.

. . . 2016 . . . 2015 . . .

Things I Make
  • Visit poster's website
sp4cetiger

• Posted: 04/25/2014 04:35
  • Post subject:
benpaco wrote:
Whether I'm nice or not, there was undoubtedly a time I was more of a bother on the site than I was a help, and that started a trend that has had less than great results, which I have to at least take partial credit for. I appreciate it, though, tiger, since, as Jhereko can attest to, I'm somewhat paranoid if people are just annoyed by my presence here.

Look, Ben, I know where you're coming from, probably more than you know. When I was your age, I was extremely sensitive to criticism, so much so that I would sometimes retreat into my head for an entire night if somebody said something negative about me. At the time, I thought I was just misunderstood, mistreated, or downright pathetic. I thought I craved understanding and compassion, but everybody just seemed to act like it didn't matter.

But the thing is that it didn't matter. I was right to be critical of myself, not necessarily about what they said, but for being so narcissistic. I didn't see it that way at the time, but I was really acting as if the world revolved around me and that people expected me to be perfect all the time. But the reality is that they didn't want me to be perfect, they wanted me to be flawed just like they were.

We're all flawed in some way and if we can't learn to laugh about it, life is going to beat us the fuck up. I'm not saying we can't better ourselves, we definitely can, but not if we spend all of our time wallowing in self-pity or making a drama out of every perceived slight.

When I started posting here, several people made fun of me for being old. That was a completely new thing to me, since 34 is a bit early for a mid-life crisis, but the reality is that compared to most of the people here, I am old. It's just part of who I am, my character. So roll with it, cause in the big picture of your life, our opinion about you doesn't matter one iota.

Now you kids need to quit yer damn scrobbling and mytexting and get back to talking about music in this here music forum.
Kool Keith Sweat

• Posted: 04/25/2014 04:48
  • Post subject:
benpaco wrote:
Whether I'm nice or not, there was undoubtedly a time I was more of a bother on the site than I was a help, and that started a trend that has had less than great results, which I have to at least take partial credit for. I appreciate it, though, tiger, since, as Jhereko can attest to, I'm somewhat paranoid if people are just annoyed by my presence here.

Bro, I'm one of the most volatile and judgmental members here and I don't think I've ever considered you a nuisance.
drakonium
coucou

France

• Posted: 04/25/2014 10:36
  • Post subject:
lethalnezzle wrote:
p.s. It's clearly a joke. I don't actually blame anybody. Except drakonium. It's all his fault.

OK, I think is owe BEA some explanation. I'm really sorry about my behavior and what I caused here, I know I've been weighing the site down for months now, with all my whining about language and not getting abstract forms of music, so here is my contribution.

Rainforests are forests characterized by high rainfall, with annual rainfall between 250 centimetres (98 in) to 450 centimetres (180 in).[1] The monsoon trough, alternatively known as the intertropical convergence zone, plays a significant role in creating the climatic conditions necessary for the Earth's tropical rainforests.

Around 40% to 75% of all biotic species are indigenous to the rainforests.[2] It has been estimated that there may be many millions of species of plants, insects and microorganisms still undiscovered in tropical rainforests. Tropical rainforests have been called the "jewels of the Earth" and the "world's largest pharmacy", because over one quarter of natural medicines have been discovered there.[3] Rainforests are also responsible for 28% of the world's oxygen turnover, sometimes misnamed oxygen production,[4] processing it through photosynthesis from carbon dioxide and consuming it through respiration.

The undergrowth in some areas of a rainforest can be restricted by poor penetration of sunlight to ground level. If the leaf canopy is destroyed or thinned, the ground beneath is soon colonized by a dense, tangled growth of vines, shrubs and small trees, called a jungle[citation needed]. There are two types of rainforest, tropical rainforest and temperate rainforest.

Tropical rainforests are characterized by a warm and wet climate. Mean monthly temperatures exceed 18 °C (64 °F) during all months of the year.[5] Average annual rainfall is no less than 168 cm (66 in) and can exceed 1,000 cm (390 in) although it typically lies between 175 cm (69 in) and 200 cm (79 in).[6]

Many of the world's rainforests are associated with the location of the monsoon trough, also known as the intertropical convergence zone.[7] Tropical rainforests are located in the tropics, i.e., in the equatorial zone between the Tropic of Cancer and Tropic of Capricorn. Tropical rainforests exist in Southeast Asia (from Myanmar (Burma) to the Philippines, Malaysia, Indonesia, Papua New Guinea and northeastern Australia), Sri Lanka, sub-Saharan Africa from Cameroon to the Congo (Congo Rainforest), South America (e.g. the Amazon Rainforest), Central America (e.g. Bosawás, southern Yucatán Peninsula-El Peten-Belize-Calakmul), and on many of the Pacific Islands (such as Hawaiʻi). Tropical rainforests have been called the "Earth's lungs", although it is now known that rainforests contribute little net oxygen addition to the atmosphere through photosynthesis.

Tropical forests cover a large part of the globe, but temperate rainforests only occur in few regions around the world. Temperate rainforests are rainforests in temperate regions. They occur in North America (in the Pacific Northwest in Alaska, British Columbia, Washington, Oregon and California), in Europe (parts of the British Isles such as the coastal areas of Ireland and Scotland, southern Norway, parts of the western Balkans along the Adriatic coast, as well as in Galicia and coastal areas of the eastern Black Sea, including Georgia and coastal Turkey), in East Asia (in southern China, Taiwan, much of Japan and Korea, and on Sakhalin Island and the adjacent Russian Far East coast), in South America (southern Chile) and also in Australia and New Zealand.

A tropical rainforest is typically divided into four main layers, each with different plants and animals adapted for life in that particular area: the emergent, canopy, understorey/understory and forest floor layers.

Emergent layer
The emergent layer contains a small number of very large trees called emergents, which grow above the general canopy, reaching heights of 45–55 m, although on occasion a few species will grow to 70–80 m tall.[11][12] They need to be able to withstand the hot temperatures and strong winds that occur above the canopy in some areas. Eagles, butterflies, bats and certain monkeys inhabit this layer.

Canopy layer
Main article: Canopy (biology)
The canopy layer contains the majority of the largest trees, typically 30 metres (98 ft) to 45 metres (148 ft) tall. The densest areas of biodiversity are found in the forest canopy, a more or less continuous cover of foliage formed by adjacent treetops. The canopy, by some estimates, is home to 50 percent of all plant species. Epiphytic plants attach to trunks and branches, and obtain water and minerals from rain and debris that collects on the supporting plants. The fauna is similar to that found in the emergent layer, but more diverse. A quarter of all insect species are believed to exist in the rainforest canopy. Scientists have long suspected the richness of the canopy as a habitat, but have only recently developed practical methods of exploring it. As long ago as 1917, naturalist William Beebe declared that "another continent of life remains to be discovered, not upon the Earth, but one to two hundred feet above it, extending over thousands of square miles." True exploration of this habitat only began in the 1980s, when scientists developed methods to reach the canopy, such as firing ropes into the trees using crossbows. Exploration of the canopy is still in its infancy, but other methods include the use of balloons and airships to float above the highest branches and the building of cranes and walkways planted on the forest floor. The science of accessing tropical forest canopy using airships or similar aerial platforms is called dendronautics.[13]

Understorey/Understory layer
Main article: Understorey
The understorey/understory layer lies between the canopy and the forest floor. The understorey/understory is home to a number of birds, snakes and lizards, as well as predators such as jaguars, boa constrictors and leopards. The leaves are much larger at this level. Insect life is also abundant. Many seedlings that will grow to the canopy level are present in the understorey/understory. Only about 5% of the sunlight shining on the rainforest canopy reaches the understorey/understory. This layer can be called a shrub layer, although the shrub layer may also be considered a separate layer.

The forest floor, the bottom-most layer, receives only 2% of the sunlight. Only plants adapted to low light can grow in this region. Away from riverbanks, swamps and clearings, where dense undergrowth is found, the forest floor is relatively clear of vegetation because of the low sunlight penetration. It also contains decaying plant and animal matter, which disappears quickly, because the warm, humid conditions promote rapid decay. Many forms of fungi growing here help decay the animal and plant waste.

HAHAHA JK LOL YOU THOUGHT IT WAS ALL A HUGE APOLOGIZE POST BUT YOU SUCK MY EIGHTEEN DICKS
  • Visit poster's website