I need to address something...

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic
Precedent

• Posted: 05/27/2014 18:28
  • Post subject:
I feel you, some of us have experienced bumps on BEA. Puncture has an interesting post that I recommend you read the entirety of. Take what you will of what he said, and move on. When I had this whole "BEA despises me" mindset a few months ago, I realize that the mindset did nothing but make everything worse. Nothing you have said has proved to be too hateful, etc.

Read everybody's posts here, maybe have a more sunny approach to BEA, start posting more, and forget the "mishap", you should be good.
AgainstMeAgainstYou

Canada

• Posted: 05/27/2014 20:52
  • Post subject:
I appreciate the comments, guys.

But I think the point I tried to make (and I articulated it horribly) is that I do have bad blood on here with people, and that I want to remedy that.

The poll had nothing to do with this at all, though. Few people, if any, should beat Pam in the bracket. I would've heavily objected if I came anywhere close to winning.
  • Visit poster's website
Defago
Your Most Favorite User

Peru

• Posted: 05/27/2014 21:04
  • Post subject:
TBH I don't remember you besides the Tokio Fanfiction thing. Remember people here are always shitting on each other, just search for posts mentioning me, and they're all joking. They really love me, even if all they do is insult me constantly. Right, guys? Right...?
  • Visit poster's website
sp4cetiger

• Posted: 05/27/2014 22:41
  • Post subject:
I may or may not say something really gushy about Defago at his next BEUT match, depending on whether my senility kicks in.

As for AMAY, I really have no idea what the bad blood is about, but you can see that most people here don't have a problem with you. So take a seat, put up your feet, and tell us about your favorite tunes.
BrandonMiaow

• Posted: 05/28/2014 04:12
  • Post subject:
I'm glad for this thread if only for the fact that I got to read Puncture Repair's post. He should write a fucking book. No one ever mentions the things he says so people never realize it. I had lots and lots of trouble with this, still do a little bit. I think a lot of us younger crowd do. Lots of times when I make an especially awkward post I spend like thirty minutes afterwards freaking out (sometimes I think about it for weeks afterwards, no kidding). I think about things I've said on BEA or off that could've been misinterpreted every night when I'm trying to go to sleep. (is this normal? I think it is, but tell me if it isn't) It is really really difficult to think about other people when you're always thinking about how you are perceived, or how you want to be perceived. But, you should try to understand other people. You should try to understand yourself, of course, but you should also try to understand other people. We're all in this together ^_^
"Be soft, don't be stern
We all want, we all yearn" you know.

This might not be entirely on topic for AgainstMeAgainstYou's post but this is at least an interesting and productive discussion, in my opinion.

Also, AgainstMeAgainstyou, maybe if you have bad blood with certain people you should just private message them, might make it a bit less of a show but then, this might be cathartic for you and I don't think anyone here really minds your post, so I won't try to take that away from you. Smile

Oh, and...*hugs* Smile I'll be happy to see you be more involved in the forums.
SquishypuffDave

Australia

• Posted: 05/28/2014 04:48
  • Post subject:
BrandonMiaow wrote:
Also, AgainstMeAgainstyou, maybe if you have bad blood with certain people you should just private message them, might make it a bit less of a show.

Best piece of advice on the thread imo. Most of the ridiculous drama in the past could have been solved this way. (Not AgainstMeAgainstYou, just users in general.)
  • Visit poster's website
19loveless91
mag. druž. inf

Slovenia

• Posted: 05/28/2014 05:04
  • Post subject:
SquishypuffDave wrote:
Best piece of advice on the thread imo. Most of the ridiculous drama in the past could have been solved this way. (Not AgainstMeAgainstYou, just users in general.)

This.

Also, most of the needless ridiculous drama came from needlessly drawing attention to things that weren't really that big of a deal. By like, opening threads to apologize for something that most users weren't even aware of.
  • Visit poster's website
benpaco
Who's gonna watch you die?

United States

• Posted: 05/28/2014 05:51
  • Post subject:
19loveless91 wrote:
This.

Also, most of the needless ridiculous drama came from needlessly drawing attention to things that weren't really that big of a deal. By like, opening threads to apologize for something that most users weren't even aware of.

Who would ever do that?

Anyways, trust me when I say I've done the same thing, but I recognize what I did was mostly out of want for some kind of help and support I was missing in my real life, and I recognize now that better than apologizing or anything would've been, you know, asking for that help and support in my real life.

I've basically come to the realization that this site is some kind of cesspool of love and drunkenness, which mix into the greatness that is BEA. And sure, I'm sure some people here hate my presence, but c'est la vie. I don't expect or want to be liked by EVERYONE in any circumstance. More than anything on the site, I get joked about (big whoop, so do 98% of the other users here) and I enjoy my time here. All those earlier worries I had (see above) have just kind of faded into "Eh, take me or leave me, I'm here cuz some of you like me and I like it here. I'll keep trying to be the best me I can be in the meantime". And if I can just recommend, it's worth taking that viewpoint - it's what's taken me from "I'M WHINY AND ANNOYING SOMEONE HELP" to "Y'all make me smile and if I have anything to be sorry about it's just being overdramatic, but I think I'm past that".

Maybe I wasn't here for whatever you're talking about, but I hold nothing against you man.

Anyways, I'll step away from this now since frankly anything else I might want to say's been said.

. . . 2016 . . . 2015 . . .

Things I Make
  • Visit poster's website
Silver

• Posted: 05/28/2014 06:09
  • Post subject:
I don't know about you guys, but I'm here because I have an unhealthy addiction to reading people's opinions on the internet and then disagreeing with them.
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 05/28/2014 06:22
  • Post subject:
The original poster has said his piece. It would have been better as a PM. This is the Lounge and the thread is off topic under the new guidelines.
  • Visit poster's website