Private Album Info

View previous topic :: View next topic
sp4cetiger

• Posted: 07/23/2014 01:18
  • Post subject: Private Album Info
Maybe this is already an option somewhere, but if not, I think it would be really useful to be able to keep private notes/info on an album. It looks like we can just mark an album as listened or add it to various collections. Also, the ability to count listens would be a useful bookkeeping feature.

Thanks, looking forward to the next update!
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 07/23/2014 09:33
  • Post subject: Re: Private Album Info
Hi, thanks for the ideas. At the moment, notes can only be added to items in your wish list (from the wish list page). So, if you wanted to add some private notes, a way of doing this would be to add an item to your wish list and add a note from the wish list page (a bit clunky). In the meantime, I'll look at adding a feature for people to make private notes for albums (or other items) & I'll add this to the list to be implemented in a future site update.

I can't think of too much spin-off functionality off the top of my head for maintaining a number of listens for each album and it's unlikely to be accurate (especially for older albums that you've had for years). However, one way of implementing it might be for people to click the 'listened' link each time you've heard a particular album and it could increment a counter. I'll add this to the list be implemented as well.

The next update is coming along fairly well, and I think I'm about two months from finishing it (quite a lot of new features).
  • Visit poster's website
sp4cetiger

• Posted: 07/23/2014 11:50
  • Post subject:
Thanks AM! It's true, the listens count I keep isn't very accurate, but it just gives me a rough idea of how many times I've heard an album and can be useful for deciding what to listen to. I don't really know how many other people would use such a feature.