January 2009 site update

View previous topic :: View next topic
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 01/10/2009 17:28
  • Post subject: January 2009 site update
Happy new year to everybody! A smaller site update this month due to some over-enthusiastic drinking activities over the Christmas holidays.

Most significant enhancements/fixes as follows:

• Fixed issue with top-ranked album not appearing in RSS recent charts feed.
  • My Chart rating notification now only emailed if the same user hasn't updated the same rating within the last hour (to avoid spamming people.)
  • Fixed issue with My Chart where IE7 was losing input focus after search suggestions returned (thanks to Charicature for spotting this one)
  • Fixed a bug where if a reply was made to one of your comments on your own chart, you'd get two emails instead of one.
  • Now only show the latest 10 comments, ratings or favourites by default and a link to 'show all' (to speed up page-loads on the more active pages.)
  • Fixed issue with embedded HTML 'special' characters in album suggestions on My Chart.
  • When adding a new album/band to the site transliterated title/name is now HTML decoded.
  • Fixed a bug where in certain circumstances, if you had already rated an object, you couldn't re-rate it without first deleting your old rating.
  • Fixed a issue with the submit button still being enabled on the 'My Chart' page even if invalid entries were in the chart.
  • Fixed a bug where an embedded aposotrophe in an album or band name could cause a problem when deleting an album from your chart.
  • Fixed a character encoding issue with RSS feeds
  • Lots of other small changes

Hope you enjoy the site and more next month...

albummaster
  • Visit poster's website