Are there rules for French track listings?

View previous topic :: View next topic
JMan

• Posted: 11/06/2014 20:59
  • Post subject: Are there rules for French track listings?
I'm adding a tracklist to a French album, La Mécanique Du Coeur by Dionysos, but I can only find the track list in all capitals when I know that most French albums have a lot of lower case letters at teh begnning of words instead of capitalization. The thing is, there are a couple of English titles. I've made sure all the words that need lower case get it, but I'm not sure what to do with the Frencdh titles. On the internet, I can only find sources that give the track list in capitals at the beginning of every word. Even Universal Music France (the album's label) has the track list in capitals.

http://www.universalmusic.fr/dionysos/a...-du-coeur/

Should I keep it like that and capitalize every word? I can't find any sources that don't list them with proper French capitalization...
Romanelli
Bone Swah

United States

• Posted: 11/06/2014 21:05
  • Post subject: Re: Are there rules for French track listings?
JMan wrote:
I'm adding a tracklist to a French album, La Mécanique Du Coeur by Dionysos, but I can only find the track list in all capitals when I know that most French albums have a lot of lower case letters at teh begnning of words instead of capitalization. The thing is, there are a couple of English titles. I've made sure all the words that need lower case get it, but I'm not sure what to do with the Frencdh titles. On the internet, I can only find sources that give the track list in capitals at the beginning of every word. Even Universal Music France (the album's label) has the track list in capitals.

http://www.universalmusic.fr/dionysos/a...-du-coeur/

Should I keep it like that and capitalize every word? I can't find any sources that don't list them with proper French capitalization...

I believe that AM's response to this was that all tracklists, regardless of language, were to be capitalized in order to keep everything consistent.

Hope that helps!
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website