Alabama
25%
 25%  [2]
Total Votes : 8

RepoMan

• Posted: 01/14/2015 05:00
  • Post subject:
sp4cetiger wrote:
I guess I just wasn't too impressed with his running ability either. His average yards per carry was pretty low in both games, if I recall. I just think there's too much emphasis on QBs in the media. Seemed to me the real star of that game on offense was Ezekiel Elliott.

Oh, no question about that. It just wasn't as surprising a result. But no question he was the best player on the field. Looked like he was playing against the JV team. Then I'd give second billing to the Buckeyes' defense. I guess the real story is how quickly Urban Meyer turned around that program though. But, I don't follow college football so that story doesn't resonate with me as much as story of third string quarterback winning three straight larger-than-life games. The mentality to do that, especially considering all that focus on the quarterback, is just incredible. The metal aspect of these games is so important. For instance, Mariotta seemed to shrink just a bit when facing adversity on such a massive stage. He had very different body language c/w the Florida State game.

Edit: Thanks for introducing me to Wussy, btw! Maybe my favorite record of the year already. LOL.
sp4cetiger

• Posted: 01/14/2015 05:11
  • Post subject:
RepoMan wrote:
I guess the real story is how quickly Urban Meyer turned around that program though.

Yeah, that guy is a scary good coach. I'm glad he's in the big 10, but not happy that PSU has to play him so often.

Quote:

Edit: Thanks for introducing me to Wussy, btw! Maybe my favorite record of the year already. LOL.

Wow, nice. I heard it once, but was pretty distracted and didn't come away with strong feelings one way or the other. I'll try to revisit it tomorrow, if I can.
RepoMan

• Posted: 01/14/2015 15:02
  • Post subject:
Mercury wrote:
Haha! Great post, Repo! I will fill you in on my faves of your recs so far later.

Hey, Mercury. Still fill me in later on what recs you liked & which ones you didn't. BUT, in the meantime, I've got five NO BRAINER personalized recs for you anyways. You're going to fucking love them. All of them mine similar territory and have stylistic similarities (i.e. Alt Country)

First, welcome to your new favorite band...

California by American Music Club

They even named an album after you! But, this is my fave. Their entire discog is solid though. After this I'd recommend Everclear.

Attica! by Wussy

One of my favorite albums of 2014. And I only found out about a couple of days ago. I can't stop listening to it, and it's my current obsession.

The Notorious Byrd Brothers by The Byrds

Masterpiece that changed the game back when it dropped. One of those albums that's so good that it and it's follow up invented a whole new genre along with...

Safe At Home by The International Submarine Band

Gram Parsons first band and just flat out freaking awesome.

Fear And Whiskey by Mekons

One of my all time faves.

Ballad Of A Thin Line Man by Giant Sand

Blistering, white hot guitar. This albums smokes. Includes a Johnny Thunders cover just for you!!! Very Happy

So, do we have a bet for this Sunday? Just to clarify because I know I mucked things up a bit by suggesting a teaser, I'm simplifying things by just picking the Seahawks over the Packers. (even though I'll be routing for Rogers & the Packers. I love stories of people triumphing over some physical injury or pain. (Although, admittedly, it's got nothing on my own story these past twenty years. I really I hope I get the chance to triumph over this and write an inspirational book. If I do triumph, it will be one of the greatest stories ever. Crazy as it may sound, I'm not exaggerating.))
meccalecca
Voice of Reason

United States

• Posted: 01/14/2015 15:10
  • Post subject:
RepoMan wrote:
California by American Music Club

They even named an album after you! But, this is my fave. Their entire discog is solid though. After this I'd recommend Everclear.

I would actually say Mercury is my favorite.
  • Visit poster's website
Anti
I Dream of Drone

United States

• Posted: 01/14/2015 15:27
  • Post subject:
I got loads of Snapchats from my friends at OSU. I envy them, haha. But I am happy as hell that OSU won, not necessarily for the school, but the state of Ohio.
RepoMan

• Posted: 01/14/2015 15:33
  • Post subject:
meccalecca wrote:
I would actually say Mercury is my favorite.

I can totally get behind that. Not surprisingly, I prefer the the rough, bare bones sound of California. Plus, I always tend to recommend earlier albums in a discog. I especially have a sweet spot for where artists tend to establish their own unique signature sound. But yeah, Mercury is absolutely GORGEOUS and now that I think about, I bet our beloved Mercury would probably like it just a tad better because of the richer production and more fully realized songwriting.
meccalecca
Voice of Reason

United States

• Posted: 01/14/2015 15:35
  • Post subject:
RepoMan wrote:
I can totally get behind that. Not surprisingly, I prefer the the rough, bare bones sound of California. Plus, I always tend to recommend earlier albums in a discog. I especially have a sweet spot for where artists tend to establish their own unique signature sound. But yeah, Mercury is absolutely GORGEOUS and now that I think about, I bet our beloved Mercury would probably like it just a tad better because of the richer production and more fully realized songwriting.

Yeah, it's certainly no slight on California, which I love. "Johnny Mathis' Feet" is just an incredible song.
  • Visit poster's website
Mercury
Turn your back on the pay-you-back last call

United States

• Posted: 01/14/2015 17:37
  • Post subject:
Thanks repo! I'll be getting on these next!

An yes we are on! Go Pack!!!

And of course both agree go Pats!

ONLY 4% of people can understand this chart! Come try!

My Fave Metal - you won't believe #5!!!
  • Visit poster's website