expanding the chart to include 100 albums

View previous topic :: View next topic
jojoexile

United States

• Posted: 06/09/2011 18:30
  • Post subject: expanding the chart to include 100 albums
I am relatively new to this sight so forgive me if this subject has been discussed before.I am quite sure it has.There are many great reasons to expand this chart such as:Every other worthy chart has at least 100 albums if not more.There are so many great rock n roll albums not included in my first 50 and depending on my mood many of them could be there.So limiting the scope to just 50 albums seems inadequate to a music lover.Far from an academic on many genres i feel it imperative to provide a point of view on what i've experienced. In laymen terms -too much is never enough.This sight as i understand it is a FAN based sight.Though i disagree with many of the charts because of the disadvantages my generation and earlier ones have in this cyber based format(certain minority),it's all in good fun and not so good taste.As well as entertaining and educational.We like what we like...let us expand our opinions and critiques by giving us more opportunities.If anything- hearing more opinions reaffirms what i like and don't.With of course the occasional brilliant light bulb flash of something new to be turned on to...So expansion and inflation of the life forces in music should be a constant on this sight.As in the God's universe.
  • Visit poster's website
Bork
Executive Hillbilly

United States

• Posted: 06/09/2011 19:21
  • Post subject:
You are right, it has been discussed before. Check out the 2011 roadmap sticky on this section and/or the monthly updates in the Announcements section.
  • Visit poster's website
jojoexile

United States

• Posted: 06/09/2011 21:41
  • Post subject:
THANKS... sounds like it's getting nowhere...i was checking out "what are you listening to" and saw you spinning ACE OF SPADES...i have some Motorhead stuff...Lemmy is great/cool... I did a shooter of JD with him at the SCRAP BAR on McDOUGAL ST. in 1988.The whole bar was made of recycled scrap metal...cool dive that's now a retail shop...then everyone walked over to THE RITZ to see a DEAD BOYS reunion...it was OVER THE TOP....He's quite friendly with those bastards in THE DAMNED and a pretty tough looking bloke himself...cheers
  • Visit poster's website
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 06/10/2011 05:13
  • Post subject:
Apologies, maybe it needs to be more obvious that things are happening. There have been improvements to the site delivered nearly every month for the past six years (!) (each set of changes are described in the monthly announcements) and progress is still being made even now. Larger charts will be delivered after the moderation system is completed and bedded in (as described on the 2011 roadmap).
  • Visit poster's website