Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
View previous topic :: View next topic
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 07/05/2015 20:28
  • Post subject:
goeie-oko wrote:
This thread was created because platus (along with some other people) was manipulating the voting system to score points by rating albums they hadn't ever heard.

Now, in this very thread, platus stated

But, after looking through platus's ratings, I'm growing more and more suspicious. Sure, he's not rating every album a 15/100 anymore, the thing that seems to occur now, is he's rating most albums 30-45/100, this is probably a way of making it seem less suspicious.

The worst thing is he said in this very thread he would stop with all this fake voting, but as I see it, he has far from stopped.

Thank you for reporting and sorry for the delay in replying. He has been spoken to via PM previously about this & I'm going to contact him again to sort this out. The site rules state that people who try to game the site will be banned.

martintho wrote:
maybe every new member should be aided to understand from the very beginning that spamming will not only lead to deletion and site-banning, but it will also make one look like a fool.apart from that: let's keep things like they are. first things first: what this site is crying for and desperately needs is a tidier look.

Agree, that's a good idea. Everybody gets a link to the site rules when they register, but some people will always try to game the site regardless. It's a problem across lots of different websites and not just this one. Regards the last point, a site redesign is in progress but has been slowed down a bit due to my volume of work outside of BEA. I'm still hoping to complete this in the next few months (hopefully sooner depending on my workload).
  • Visit poster's website
arthur237

United Kingdom

• Posted: 08/04/2015 21:59
  • Post subject:
I have just found a user that has rated 21000 albums all at 100/100, what is the difference between this and a 10/100 average? For me I reckon this guy should be banned of spoken to just as much as someone who rates very low.
  • Visit poster's website
arthur237

United Kingdom

• Posted: 08/04/2015 22:00
  • Post subject:
And he has only been a member for 11 days!! (chrishansen69)
  • Visit poster's website