Judah & The Lion

View previous topic :: View next topic
luis721

Colombia

• Posted: 08/21/2015 22:52
  • Post subject: Judah & The Lion
Please, there is a band that I like, called Judah & The Lion, from... well, I don't remember where do they are from but I think their debut albums is very good, check it out, it's called Kids These Days.
  • Visit poster's website
craola
crayon master

United States

• Posted: 08/21/2015 23:53
  • Post subject:
would've been helpful if you posted a link. you guys can listen here: https://jatl.bandcamp.com/album/kids-these-days

it's very mumford & sons. maybe mix in some contemporary worship music and that's about what you've got.
luis721

Colombia

• Posted: 08/22/2015 02:55
  • Post subject:
craola wrote:
would've been helpful if you posted a link. you guys can listen here: https://jatl.bandcamp.com/album/kids-these-days

it's very mumford & sons. maybe mix in some contemporary worship music and that's about what you've got.

Well, I respect your opinion, and well... it's true, you should listen to a few more times, maybe you'll get it, also I can say that the lyrics of the songs are beautiful, describing that feel we get in our youth, and what we feel when we're older and look back to our good old days.
  • Visit poster's website
Puncture Repair

• Posted: 08/22/2015 09:48
  • Post subject:
I've not heard of these guys before, so thanks for sharing. Folk-pop has never really been my cup of tea, but I flicked through the songs and thought 'Twenty-Somethings' was a really nice track, but I guess I have a soft-spot for mandolins.

How'd you find out about these guys? I'm guessing they're not local?
luis721

Colombia

• Posted: 08/23/2015 15:41
  • Post subject:
Puncture Repair wrote:
I've not heard of these guys before, so thanks for sharing. Folk-pop has never really been my cup of tea, but I flicked through the songs and thought 'Twenty-Somethings' was a really nice track, but I guess I have a soft-spot for mandolins.

How'd you find out about these guys? I'm guessing they're not local?

Well... I'm from Colombia, and well... my way of listening new music is sort of strange, I started listening to Oasis, but I didn't listened the called classics at that moment, I went carving for "underground music" that's how that works for me, exploring in Last FM and AllMusic, there's a lot new and very good music that doesn't even appear in this site, Judah & The Lion and their album changed my life in some points, they describe things we all feel, but in a very poetic way.
  • Visit poster's website