Music Diaries Subforum

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
View previous topic :: View next topic

Poll: Should BEA incorporate a Music Diary subforum?
Yes
71%
 71%  [10]
No
28%
 28%  [4]
Total Votes : 14

Author Message
Skinny
birdman_handrub.gif




  • #41
  • Posted: 11/11/2015 06:54
  • Post subject:
  • Reply with quote
I like the thread titles, they often give a flavour of what's to come, or entice me in. It's still obvious whose diary it is (the name of the user who started the thread is visible), and I think a list of slight variations on a generic title would look boring and colourless.
_________________
2021 in full effect. Come drop me some recs. Y'all know what I like.
Back to top
  • Visit poster's website
  • View user's profile
  • Send private message
albummaster
Janitor


Gender: Male
Location: Spain
Site Admin

  • #42
  • Posted: 11/11/2015 14:14
  • Post subject:
  • Reply with quote
dividesbyzero wrote:
hey so I was thinking maybe we could give users moderater privileges over their own diary threads? Would give people the option of deleting some sections of more or less meandering chit-chat (of which I am guilty) so as to make it easier to get to the actual diary posts

As Tap mentioned, the problem with doing this is phpbb. I don't think a mod exists that provides this kind of functionality. I think, reading between the lines, people are really wanting more of a blogging platform where each post is distinct and has its own comments and people can moderate their own comments. There might exist a phpbb mod more along those lines than a straight security mod. I'll have a check into this.
Back to top
  • Visit poster's website
  • View user's profile
  • Send private message
undefined





  • #43
  • Posted: 11/11/2015 22:04
  • Post subject:
  • Reply with quote
albummaster wrote:
As Tap mentioned, the problem with doing this is phpbb. I don't think a mod exists that provides this kind of functionality. I think, reading between the lines, people are really wanting more of a blogging platform where each post is distinct and has its own comments and people can moderate their own comments. There might exist a phpbb mod more along those lines than a straight security mod. I'll have a check into this.

Thanks AM. No worries if it's not possible within the current framework. Btw what's the ETA on premium accounts? I want an excuse to give you my money
Back to top
Gowi
The Most Trusted Name in News


Gender: Female
Age: 33
Location: Detroit
Poland

  • #44
  • Posted: 11/12/2015 02:00
  • Post subject:
  • Reply with quote
dividesbyzero wrote:
hey so I was thinking maybe we could give users moderater privileges over their own diary threads? Would give people the option of deleting some sections of more or less meandering chit-chat (of which I am guilty) so as to make it easier to get to the actual diary posts


Just add a table of contents (maybe with a link to the post specifically each) to your OP.
Back to top
  • Visit poster's website
  • View user's profile
  • Send private message
albummaster
Janitor


Gender: Male
Location: Spain
Site Admin

  • #45
  • Posted: 11/12/2015 11:48
  • Post subject:
  • Reply with quote
Gowi wrote:
Just add a table of contents (maybe with a link to the post specifically each) to your OP.

Sounds like a good workaround
Back to top
  • Visit poster's website
  • View user's profile
  • Send private message
sp4cetiger





  • #46
  • Posted: 11/12/2015 12:24
  • Post subject:
  • Reply with quote
Gowi wrote:
Just add a table of contents (maybe with a link to the post specifically each) to your OP.


This is what I did with my history thread way back when. It takes a bit of work, but I agree it's a good alternative if the forum mod isn't possible. You could also create your own blog and have your thread posts link to that. That's basically what these threads are after all.
Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: Music Diaries SuedeSwede Music Diaries
Sticky: 2022 Music Hayden Music
Sticky: Info On Music You Make Guest Music
Sticky: Beatsense: BEA Community Music Room Guest Lounge
The Pinkerton Diaries Applerill Music

 
Back to Top