Music Diaries Subforum

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
View previous topic :: View next topic

Poll: Should BEA incorporate a Music Diary subforum?
Yes
71%
 71%  [10]
No
28%
 28%  [4]
Total Votes : 14

Skinny
birdman_handrub.gif

• Posted: 11/11/2015 06:54
  • Post subject:
I like the thread titles, they often give a flavour of what's to come, or entice me in. It's still obvious whose diary it is (the name of the user who started the thread is visible), and I think a list of slight variations on a generic title would look boring and colourless.
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 11/11/2015 14:14
  • Post subject:
dividesbyzero wrote:
hey so I was thinking maybe we could give users moderater privileges over their own diary threads? Would give people the option of deleting some sections of more or less meandering chit-chat (of which I am guilty) so as to make it easier to get to the actual diary posts

As Tap mentioned, the problem with doing this is phpbb. I don't think a mod exists that provides this kind of functionality. I think, reading between the lines, people are really wanting more of a blogging platform where each post is distinct and has its own comments and people can moderate their own comments. There might exist a phpbb mod more along those lines than a straight security mod. I'll have a check into this.
  • Visit poster's website
undefined

• Posted: 11/11/2015 22:04
  • Post subject:
albummaster wrote:
As Tap mentioned, the problem with doing this is phpbb. I don't think a mod exists that provides this kind of functionality. I think, reading between the lines, people are really wanting more of a blogging platform where each post is distinct and has its own comments and people can moderate their own comments. There might exist a phpbb mod more along those lines than a straight security mod. I'll have a check into this.

Thanks AM. No worries if it's not possible within the current framework. Btw what's the ETA on premium accounts? I want an excuse to give you my money
mickilennial
The Most Trusted Name in News

Poland

• Posted: 11/12/2015 02:00
  • Post subject:
dividesbyzero wrote:
hey so I was thinking maybe we could give users moderater privileges over their own diary threads? Would give people the option of deleting some sections of more or less meandering chit-chat (of which I am guilty) so as to make it easier to get to the actual diary posts

Just add a table of contents (maybe with a link to the post specifically each) to your OP.
  • Visit poster's website
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 11/12/2015 11:48
  • Post subject:
Gowi wrote:
Just add a table of contents (maybe with a link to the post specifically each) to your OP.

Sounds like a good workaround
  • Visit poster's website
sp4cetiger

• Posted: 11/12/2015 12:24
  • Post subject:
Gowi wrote:

This is what I did with my history thread way back when. It takes a bit of work, but I agree it's a good alternative if the forum mod isn't possible. You could also create your own blog and have your thread posts link to that. That's basically what these threads are after all.