"You may say I'm a dreamer, But I'm not the only one"

- John Lennon

Album of the day (#1838): Spirit Of Eden by Talk Talk

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> Best Ever Albums -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  

albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

#1 | Posted: 12/11/2015 21:00 | Post subject: Album of the day (#1838): Spirit Of Eden by Talk Talk Reply with quote
Today's album of the day

Spirit Of Eden by Talk Talk (View album | Buy this album)

Year: 1988.
Overall rank: 189
Average rating: 84/100 (from 423 votes).

Thumbnail. Click to enlarge.

Tracks:
1. The Rainbow
2. Eden
3. Desire
4. Inheritance
5. I Believe In You
6. Wealth

About album of the day: The BestEverAlbums.com album of the day is the album appearing most prominently in member charts in the previous 24 hours. If an album, or artist, has previously been selected within a x day period, the next highest album is picked instead (and so on) to ensure a bit of variety. A full history of album of the day can be viewed here.
Visit poster's website View user's profile Send private message

Applerill
Autistic Princess <3

United States

#2 | Posted: 12/11/2015 21:14 | Post subject: Reply with quote
I like to tell people that I hate post-rock, and I sure don't like GY!BE, but this is an undeniable masterpiece.

HazeyTwilight
boyfriend in your wet dreams

Ireland

#3 | Posted: 12/11/2015 21:30 | Post subject: Reply with quote
I don't listen to this that much anymore, but it's still amazing.

craola
my name's not craig

Unknown

#4 | Posted: 12/11/2015 21:56 | Post subject: Reply with quote
Applerill wrote:
I like to tell people that I hate post-rock, and I sure don't like GY!BE, but this is an undeniable masterpiece.

post-rock too often turns into bland, slideshow-reel soundtracking. still, you'd be hard-pressed to find fault with spirit of eden.

Mercury
Why do people have to love people, anyway?

United States

#5 | Posted: 12/11/2015 22:40 | Post subject: Reply with quote
This is an all time classic for me. Absolutely enthralling. Easily one of my Top 50 favorites albums ever. Also I personally feel this is head and shoulders more interesting and emotional and better than Lauging Stock, or Colour of Spring or Mark Hollis. I like all those records a lot. But for me SoE just stands way WAY above them.

New Blues

Old Blues

HoldenM
To Pedantically Split Infinitives

United States

#6 | Posted: 12/12/2015 07:49 | Post subject: Reply with quote
Most people go for Laughing Stock, but this has such a soul to it that it's easily one of my thirty or so favorite albums of all time. Every track is amazing. The aesthetic is tempered, but never dull. Just unadulterated serenity.

Track picks
1. The Rainbow
5. I Believe In You
6. Wealth
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
   Forum Index -> Best Ever Albums -> Music

Jump to: