Four Girls Fingerpaint >: Contrarian Musings and Dirty Mi

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic
cestuneblague
Edgy to the Choir

• Posted: 02/28/2016 16:44
  • Post subject:
So I got locked out of my place last night, but luckily I still had a remaining pk so with some dissolving sprite I decided to take a magical journey through drunken saturday night Austin, but it really didn't turn out all that magical to be quite frankie boy, I remember going to the Whataburger on the UT drag at about 3:40 or so, and it was funny cause you can tell about 50 people all left at once cause everybody's bags and remaining food we're still remaining on the tables but the assembly of remaining drunken college kids, musicians and homeless (some are all three) didn't care and just moved it to the side and waited for their food, which was cool I guess I got some chicken stripes and thought I really wanted some coffee but I didn't want to go to the little Kerbey Lane place cause I hate college students but oh there are still them here irony I guess I don't know so I just started walking for awhile, everything got kind of fuzzy and all the signs started to blur, got a donout I think at the grocery store then waited for the bus, which didn't know doesn't come till fucking 7 am on sundays really??!!! fuck a duck that was a long wait when I got on somebody used a bunch of seats for their bags of clothes which was really dickish but I just sat in the front and next thing I know I was waking up and we we're nearly in pflugerville, so that turned into another long walk back to the bus stop going back downtown and I fell asleep again but woke up on guadalupe and now Im in Starbucks and HOLY FUCK THEY'RE SERVING WINE NOW!

and the person next to me is looking at me all screwy, I donno if it's because they're watching me google-search "Jenny Slate drunk history" or because my pupils are still sorta dialated and I donno I want a bagel but don't want to spend any more money and fuck I gotta go to work in like three and a half hours.

Oh, and what am I listening to?

Sweven by Brooke Waggoner

Snivilisation by Orbital

fuck I really want a bagel maybe I cna find one for free
  • Visit poster's website
cestuneblague
Edgy to the Choir

• Posted: 03/09/2016 02:49
  • Post subject:
Allright Im still at work for like the fiftieth straight day and I really want to go home and make a famous whiskey-maker spin in his grave, but since I got a long lunch I decided to put on a couple of 2016 albums

Life Screams by Lacey Sturm

Wow, I didn't know I was back in 1999

Freakwater- Scheherazade

Now this is quite tasty. Slightly dark, Loose, jam-band style take on Appalachian folk. Jealous Kool Purple Keith got to see 'em tonight.
  • Visit poster's website
cestuneblague
Edgy to the Choir

• Posted: 03/12/2016 06:46
  • Post subject:
Alright felt a little nostalgic for some reason so I put on this

Pikul by Silversun Pickups

then

well that was... interesting
  • Visit poster's website
cestuneblague
Edgy to the Choir

• Posted: 03/18/2016 18:36
  • Post subject:

My Wild West by Lissie

Lily & Madeleine by Lily & Madeleine

Pool by Porches

Alright listening to some South By records cuz obv being a proletariat local I can't attend didly squat, but these are good
  • Visit poster's website
cestuneblague
Edgy to the Choir

• Posted: 04/14/2016 18:36
  • Post subject:
Allright I haven;t listened to muc hthese past couple of months but obv Im slowly going through one certain new release:

The Hope Six Demolition Project by P.J. Harvey

And some other stuff Ive been listening to is just some 90s

Girlsville by Thee Headcoatees

Frenching The Bully by The Gits

Cockamamie by Jennifer Trynin
  • Visit poster's website
cestuneblague
Edgy to the Choir

• Posted: 06/02/2016 00:42
  • Post subject:
Allright I have listened to a few things recently:

The Hope Six Demolition Project by P.J. Harvey

This just... what. I don't think ive ever heard an album that can go from zero to one hundred this fast. The first few tracks I gotta say are perhaps the most geniunely awful things Ive ever heard from Polly, they sound like some bizzare, pointless call-to-arms social-justice parody that is just kind of laughable, I donno is that her point? The album does simmer down a bit but kind of just flatlines for awhile, doing a more subdued version of the same schtick.... and then we get to the final three songs and they are all incredible. This album is just plain baffling. I think it definitely needs some really fucking careful re-listens, cause clearly IM missing something in the first 8 tracks or so.

Dangerous Woman by Ariana Grande

yeah Ive kind of given up on Ariana. All tease and no bite.

It's A Condition by Romeo Void

Benefactor by Romeo Void

Definitely one of my recent obsessions. Got a great sound, even if there albums all feel a bit muffled and never really hit their true potential. Still some great stuff, and "Never Say Never" is as good as it gets

A Sailor's Guide To Earth by Sturgill Simpson

Really fucking loopy and meta, don't know exactly how he's trying to tie all these fantastical themes to basic country anthems but this album is never dull

Don't Be Scared by Daniel Johnston

Just something oddly comforting for current transient sadness.
  • Visit poster's website
alelsupreme
Awful.

United Kingdom

• Posted: 06/02/2016 18:21
  • Post subject:
i was gonna rip fuck out of whoever had this htread title then i saw it was you and i have too much respect and love for you to do that, it is very you.

also you're tripping hope six is brill.
  • Visit poster's website