SLP #13: An Informd Pop Opera from Charlie

View previous topic :: View next topic
Applerill
Autistic Princess <3

United States

• Posted: 06/18/2016 13:29
  • Post subject: SLP #13: An Informd Pop Opera from Charlie
Hey, I really don't know how I'm supposed to present this, but here goes. I was originally going to make a footwork or crunk or bounce playlist, but I thought that'd be something a lot of other users like Skinny could do better than me. So instead I decided to make a little concept album based on a certain user here (who probably resembles many of us in our personal lives, maybe even myself). I was worried that the subject matter would offend people, but the BEA'ers I've sent it to over the past week seemed to end up really enjoying it, so I can only hope for the best.

https://open.spotify.com/user/pinkerton...m3UQsmBMoi
  • Visit poster's website
undefined

• Posted: 09/27/2016 08:23
  • Post subject:
Charlie charlie charlie... kinda surprised nobody bothered to comment here, seeing as at the very least this was uh interesting. First thing I'm gonna note is that even with the tracks I did not at all like, the whole thing did kind of seem to flow in a very unconventional Charlie way (idk Trick Daddy into Christian Death shouldn't have really worked but hey I dug it.)

As for tracks, hip hop harry... for a kids track, fuck it why not. Nice message. Music is cool kids.
Aight so that Trick Daddy track is surprisingly dope and again maybe I'm just too acclimated to Charlieisms at this point but I was totally rolling with it into a killer Christian Death cut. Sadly then we hit a Miley track that just kinda sounds like less fun less personality Paramore. Then some boring stuff happened but shit picked up again later with that Shakira track, because like, again fuck it why not. Shakira knows her way around a pop hook. Actually makes me wanna listen to Laundry Service (I'm familiar with the p cool singles, as is everybody who had access to a radio in the 2000s). Zappa track was fine, though I'm not a huge fan of when he goes for outright comicality (which I know is a lot of the time). I guess Zappa and I just have different senses of humor. Zappa the musician > Zappa the humorist >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Zappa the political pundit. J-lo track was nice until Azalea showed up (amazing original opinion I know I know.) And then yeah this thing could not have ended on a more Charlie note if you finished it off with a fucking Wesley Willis track.

I can't say I'll ever listen to this again, but nor can I say I regret having had the experience (and an experience it was)