0%
 0%  [0]
Total Votes : 10

RoundTheBend
I miss the comfort in being sad

United States

• Posted: 09/12/2016 04:05
  • Post subject:
I actually voted for the Michael K. track due to that smooth translation. It fooled me in such an exciting good way.
  • Visit poster's website
undefined

• Posted: 09/27/2016 08:55
  • Post subject:
FIRST OF ALL you can't just go around using the photo from your first SLP for this one. That's just lazy.

but ah fuck you started the mix with Angel so I can't stay mad at you. Yeah this a fantastic and tonally consistent collection of some of the most talented songwriters of recent years, so I'd say you more than accomplished your goal. That Clare Maguire track was my fav off the album, and even if it felt a little weird going from that more relatively upbeat piece to a far more initially slow and somber track, the track itself was ace and methinks I need to check out this Kiwanuka fellow further. And then hey in addition to grabbing my favorite track off the Maguire album you may very well have done the same for Brooke Waggoner; both artists were responsible for good albums this year that I didn't like quite as much as you, but you definitely grabbed their prime cuts. Nice going with that, and nice going with transitioning into one of Sturgill's better joints, (again, a guy you love way more than me, but I can't deny the quality of the selection in question).

I always forget that that case/lang/veirs album exists. Fuck I wish this album was released when I was in my serious indie folk phase a few years back. I would've eaten this up. In 2016 I still dig it don't get me wrong, and I'll check out the full album Eventually®. This Richmond Fontaine track is one of the only moments here I'm not too fond of, but it moves in to some cool echoey shit that sounds like it was recorded in the back of a steel warehouse so all is forgiven.

I really liked that Emma Pollock track. It was super cliche in a lot of ways but very earnest in the same ways so it's much harder for me to be cynical towards it, and she writes some cool lyrics so yeah, I dig. Um there are a lot of tracks on this thing so if you want more specific commentary on shit just hit me up bro. I will say for whatever reason, during this last stretch here, the more echoey the song, the more I liked it. Cool shit. Emotional as balls. 15 points to Gowi.