Best year for music in every decade from the sixites on?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic
Komorebi-D

Australia

• Posted: 03/25/2017 07:54
  • Post subject:
1969: Abbey Road, The Velvet Underground, Everybody Knows This is Nowhere, II and many more.

1970: Loaded, Bitches Brew, After The Gold Rush, American Beauty, III and many more.

1984: The Smiths, Reckoning, Purple Rain, Zen Arcade, Let It Be, Ride The Lighting and many more.

1997: OK Computer, The Lonesome Crowded West, Perfect From Now On, Homogenic and many more

2000: KID A, The Moon & Antarctica, Voodoo, L.Y.S.F.L.A.T.H., De Stijl and many more

2010: The Suburbs, M.B.D.T.F., High Violet, Teen Dream, Halcyon Digest, This Is Happening and many more.

2019: The 25 [RYM]
2020: The 25 [RYM]

Last edited by Komorebi-D on 03/25/2017 13:33; edited 1 time in total
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
Norman Bates

France

• Posted: 03/25/2017 12:08
  • Post subject:
1959 - The Shape of Jazz to Come, Mingus Ah Um, Looking Ahead!, Kind of Blue, Moanin', American Favorite Ballads Vol. 3, Moanin' in the Moonlight, Thelonious Himself

1969 - Five Leaves Left, Hot Buttered Soul, Scott 3, Moondog, Oar, It's So Hard to Tell Who's Going to Love You Best, The Stooges, Comme à la radio, Karma, Blasé, Trout Mask Replica, Ask Me No Questions, Green River, Liege & Lief, Our Mother the Mountain, Cloud Nine, Pat Kelley Sings, Atlantis, Eternal Rhythm, Liberation Music Orchestra, Illuminations, Songs of Experience, Joy of a Toy, Montage.

1970 - Fun House, Desertshore, The Madcap Laughs, After the Gold Rush, Curtis, Starsailor, Les stances à Sophie, Bill Fay, Just Another Diamond Day, Moondance, Small Talk at 125th & Lenox, The Last Poets, Version Galore, Third, For Alto, Cosmo's Factory.

1980 - Crazy Rhythms, Colossal Youth, Seventeen Seconds, Half-Mute, Strange Boutique, Alan Vega, Fourth World vol.1, Remain in Light, Zapp, Hypnotised, Closer, Synthesist, Freedom of Choice, We Buy a Hammer for Daddy, Jah Wobble in 'Betrayal', Un peu de l'âme des bandits, Slapp Happy or Slapp Happy, Digital Stimulation

1994 - 41, And She Closed Her Eyes, Illmatic, I Could Live in Hope, Dummy, Geek the Girl, The Sun Rises in the East, Boxcar Sessions, Liital, Obaa Sima, Word... Life, Hips and Makers, Syrup Macrame

2003 - You Are Free, Little Eyes, Tiny Voices, Closer, Speakerboxx/The Love Below, Ghosts of the Great Highway, The Lemon of Pink, Boy in da Corner, Spacebox, I Trawl the Megahertz, The Sand and the Stars

2014 - Black Metal, Heartleap, Benji, One Quarter Descent, Soused, Opus 17, Slant of Light, Black Mill Tapes vol. 1-4, Salad Days, Rooms With Walls and Windows, E S T A R A, Three Love Songs, Where Shine New Lights, Kepler, Ypres
  • Visit poster's website
carpents

United States

• Posted: 03/27/2017 01:28
  • Post subject:
In order of album preference....

1969: Led Zeppelin, From Elvis In Memphis, Led Zeppelin II, The Velvet Underground, Five Leaves Left, Tommy, Dusty In Memphis, Space Oddity

1970: The Man Who Sold The World, Led Zeppelin III, Paranoid, Bryter Layter, Bridge Over Troubled Water, Black Sabbath, Sex Machine

1989: The Cure/Disintegration, Pixies/Doolittle, Chris Isaak/Heart Shaped World, Nine Inch Nails/Pretty Hate Machine, Beastie Boys/Paul's Boutique, Camper Van Beethoven/Key Lime Pie, Slint/Tweez, Fugazi/13 Songs, Nirvana/Bleach

1993: (I'm surprised, I would have bet on 1994) Suede/Suede, PJ Harvey/Rid Of Me, Seam/The Problem With Me, Chokebore/Motionless, The Smashing Pumpkins/Siamese Dream, Steel Pole Bath Tub/The Miracle Of Sound In Motion, Cop Shoot Cop/Ask Questions Later, Cypress Hill/Black Sunday, Mazzy Star/So Tonight That I Might See, Afghan Whigs/Gentleman, Catherine Wheel/Chrome, Girls Against Boys/Venus Luxure No. 1 Baby, Liz Phair/Exile In Guyville, Frank Black/Frank Black, Matthew Sweet/Altered Beast, Cracker/Kerosene Hat, Built To Spill/Ultimate Alternative Wavers

2004: Sufjan Stevens/Seven Swans, Elliott Smith/From A Basement On The Hill, Feist/Let It Die, Danger Mouse/The Grey Album, The Black Keys/Rubber Factory, 22-20s/22-20s, The Polyphonic Spree/Together We're Heavy, Autolux/Future Perfect, The Beta Band/Heroes To Zeros, Pink Mountaintops/Pink Mountaintops

2014: (Tentatively) Ray Lamontagne/Supernova, Ty Segall/Manipulator, Pink Mountaintops/Get Back, Timber Timbre/Hot Dreams, The Travis Waltons/Your Neck Is Bleeding, Cracker/Berkeley to Bakersfield, Royal Blood/Royal Blood, Wolfmother/New Crown, Damien Rice/My Favourite Faded Fantasy, MONO/The Last Dawn, Shellac/Dude Incredible, Sharon Van Etten/Are We There

Favorite decades are probably 1990s, 2000s, 2010s, 1960s, 1970s, 1980s. But they all have more good albums than I have time to listen to.
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
tomsmith79

• Posted: 03/27/2017 16:19
  • Post subject:
1966: Revolver, Blonde On Blonde, Pet Sounds, Aftermath
1972: Exile on Main Street, Ziggy, Eat a Peach, Talking Book, #1 Record
1980: Remain In Light, London Calling (U.S. release), Closer
1997: OK Computer, Time Out of Mind, Homogenic
2002: Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, Turn on the Bright Lights, Sea Change, Yoshimi, Kill The Moonlight
2016: Schmilco, A Moon Shaped Pool
  • Visit poster's website