Albums You've Seen Performed Live In Their Entirety

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
AAL2014

United States

• Posted: 07/25/2017 23:34
  • Post subject: Albums You've Seen Performed Live In Their Entirety
I was going through my main chart today, rearranging heavily for the first time in a long time and realized a number of records featured I had seen live all the way through.

Bruce Springsteen- Born To Run (2009)
Stevie Wonder- Songs In The Key Of Life (2014)
Yes- Close To The Edge & Fragile at the same show (2014)
Living Colour- Vivid (2013)
Rush- Moving Pictures (2011)

Will also be going to see U2's Joshua Tree 30th anniversary show later this year.

Have you guys seen any full albums? If so which was your favorite? I think they are pretty special moments for fans and the band alike.
Daydreamer

• Posted: 07/25/2017 23:37
  • Post subject:
Saw Metallica perform The Black Album in 2012.

2000's
1990's
1980's
1970's
1960's
  • Visit poster's website
Purplepash
ranker, rater, & music list maker

Australia

• Posted: 07/26/2017 03:13
  • Post subject:
Pixies - Doolittle (2010) As a Pixies fanboy and Doolittle in my top 10 albums of all time this was one of the best concerts ever!!! Got the t-shirt too.

Concrete Blonde - Bloodletting (2010) Incredibly powerful voice live

Primal Scream - Screamadelica (2011) another top 10 of all time album. Mind blowing performance like no other live performance I've seen and I've been a live music junkie for decades now. I was lost to the rest of the world for 45 minutes or so in an ultimate high. Got the t-shirt too.

You Am I - Hourly Daily, & Hi Fi Way (2013) 2 albums back to back at the one concert.

After these I was looking forward to a decade of 20th anniversary album tours but sadly the concept seems to have dried up a bit.
  • Visit poster's website
RoundTheBend
I miss the comfort in being sad

United States

• Posted: 07/26/2017 04:03
  • Post subject:

One By One by Foo Fighters

was at album release party, where it was played in entirety.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Nothing special album wise, but the experience was pretty cool.
  • Visit poster's website
Graeme2

United Kingdom

• Posted: 07/26/2017 05:40
  • Post subject:
Had a ticket for the screamadelica one but had to sell it and take my girlfriend to elbow.
Seen a few of these things, old people love them. Some good ones I've seen that I remember

Ladies And Gentlemen We Are Floating In...ritualized

It Takes A Nation Of Millions To Hold U...blic Enemy

Psychocandy by The Jesus And Mary Chain

Among The Living by Anthrax

Raw Power by The Stooges
I'm sure I've seen others that were good but can't remember.
  • Visit poster's website
Purplepash
ranker, rater, & music list maker

Australia

• Posted: 07/26/2017 06:19
  • Post subject:
Graeme2 wrote:
Had a ticket for the screamadelica one but had to sell it and take my girlfriend to elbow.
Seen a few of these things, old people love them. Some good ones I've seen that I remember....

Yes, yes we do Laughing

No disrespect to Elbow but over Screamadelica...ouch! I had to drag my wife away from Rammstein to see Screamadelica (it was at a festival that coincidentally The Stooges also played. Primal Scream, The Stooges, and Grinderman to finish the night were personal highlights). Although she previously did not get into the album that much she was a convert after it.

I am jealous of the Spritualized gig. Would have loved to see that awesome album performed live.
  • Visit poster's website
stangetzaway

Australia

• Posted: 07/26/2017 06:37
  • Post subject:

Born Sandy Devotional by The Triffids

The Pleasure Of Your Company by Models

The Models gig was memorable for all the wrong reasons. Paid a bit extra to get a seat at a table and this was the band's first show since James Freud had ended his own life some years earlier. Was there on a first internet date as well and innocently wondered aloud (I thought) "How they'd go without James tonight?" The reaction was akin to if I'd dropped anthrax onto a pre school. A woman who I later found out had flatted with him for 5 years basically started bawling straight away. Everyone else at the table seemed to have known him in some shape or form and for the rest of the night I heard repeated mumbled comments usually with the words 'cunt' or 'arsehole' thrown in. Even worse word seemed to somehow make it's may to the band itself and Sean Kelly made a sanguine comment before the track "Watch Your Mouth" that received a rabid response in the crowd and especially of course, amongst those at my table. The only bright spot is that internet date found it all pretty hilarious. The gig itself was pretty good they dived into the back catalogue after they finished "The Pleasure of Your Company". Needless to say I didn't hang around for the encore.
  • Visit poster's website
LittleM1971

United Kingdom

• Posted: 07/26/2017 07:56
  • Post subject:
Think I've only been to a couple...

Brian Wilson doing Pet Sounds and most recently The Wedding Present doing George Best.
  • Visit poster's website
Skinny
birdman_handrub.gif

• Posted: 07/26/2017 08:54
  • Post subject:
LittleM1971 wrote:
The Wedding Present doing George Best.

Well jel.

Anyway, I saw Patti Smith do Horses in 2005 for its 30th anniversary. That was pretty dope. Also had the extremely strange experience of seeing Jarvis Cocker deep in conversation with British snooker legend Jimmy White at the bar before the show started. Actually, I seem to remember it being a bit of a celeb-packed gig. Bobby Gillespie and Jeremy Paxman were also in attendance.

I also saw Arthur Lee doing Forever Changes from start to finish in 2003, before I was even particularly familiar with that album; in fact, that gig is what sparked my intense love of it. It was at a short-lived festival in Canterbury. It was amazing.

And I saw Brian Wilson doing Pet Sounds.

I also have a feeling I've seen other, similar things, but they aren't immediately springing to mind. I know that Springsteen had been doing The River in its entirety on the last tour I caught him on, but he mixed it up a bit at the show we went to, not that the gig was any worse for that. Missed out on the recent Kraftwerk tickets, when they were doing an eight night residency at the Tate Modern performing eight of their albums, a different one each night, much to my disappointment. That would've been well dreamy.
AAL2014

United States

• Posted: 07/26/2017 19:29
  • Post subject:
Awesome to hear from all of you on this topic. Some concerts listed here that I'm pretty jealous about haha. Brian Wilson doing Pet Sounds, Public Enemy, Patti Smith doing Horses, etc..

Foo Fighters doing One by One even though it's probably my least favorite record from them, still quite the story.

I remember seeing the live stream of Metallica doing the Black Album as well as Ride The Lightning the following/previous night at I believe their first Orion fest. To my memory they played both albums End to Beginning. Was a great performance, wish I could have been there.

Any dream album performances you'd like to see in the future? Wouldn't be surprised to see a band like Foo Fighters do a first album or TCATS performance in the future. Queens of the Stone Age doing Songs For The Deaf would be immaculate. Dream Theater is doing Images and Words currently but I would love to see a Scenes From A Memory tour somewhere down the line.