• Posted: 09/11/2017 08:08
  • Post subject:
sethmadsen wrote:
Allman Brothers are amazing.

thou shalt listen to:

The Allman Brothers Band by The Allman Brothers Band

Eat A Peach by The Allman Brothers Band

At Fillmore East by The Allman Brothers Band

But you didn't put the album Brothers and Sisters. I know it's a little different than the other albums but it has Jessica on it and that's my favorite Allman Brothers song of all time
  • Visit poster's website
Liedzeit

Germany

• Posted: 09/11/2017 12:26
  • Post subject:
Obviously there were some quite awful unknown bands. Especially at the beginning of the German punk scene.
But of the well-known good bands the worst was Wire. It was some reunion concert in the 90ies. And they not even pretended to either enjoy what they were doing or at least to present a professional act.

As to Dylan. Saw him three times. None of the concerts really good. But the last time I actually wanted him to stop singing and let his (excellent) band to do their job. And I am of the opinion that he used to be a good singer. But he just cannot do it anymore. Same, by the way true for Donovan whom I saw last year. Pathetic. But luckily I did not expect much (in contrast to Wire) so I was not disappointed.
louisjwyatt

United States

• Posted: 09/17/2017 16:01
  • Post subject:
I saw MGMT last night. I wasn't really expecting to enjoy it from the get go. I saw them in 2010 when they were touring for Congratulations and they were super fun and charismatic. Last night was the complete opposite and it honestly just felt like they were phoning it in the entire time. i got the sense that they really didn't like the fact that people only wanted to hear their hits (Time to Pretend, Kids, Electric Feel), but goddamn, the rest of their material was just utterly boring, including the songs I used to enjoy. Not only did they have no stage presence whatsoever, but they acted like they wanted to be there less than I did. Anyway, after seeing these guys again, I have realized that they've fallen out of relavence for good reason. If they came back to my town and played a 5 dollar show, I would pass it up without question.
RoundTheBend
I miss the comfort in being sad

United States

• Posted: 09/18/2017 05:38
  • Post subject:
louisjwyatt wrote:
I saw MGMT last night. I wasn't really expecting to enjoy it from the get go. I saw them in 2010 when they were touring for Congratulations and they were super fun and charismatic. Last night was the complete opposite and it honestly just felt like they were phoning it in the entire time. i got the sense that they really didn't like the fact that people only wanted to hear their hits (Time to Pretend, Kids, Electric Feel), but goddamn, the rest of their material was just utterly boring, including the songs I used to enjoy. Not only did they have no stage presence whatsoever, but they acted like they wanted to be there less than I did. Anyway, after seeing these guys again, I have realized that they've fallen out of relavence for good reason. If they came back to my town and played a 5 dollar show, I would pass it up without question.

Amen.

Don't believe the hype. (sometimes bands are just fads/lack real substance). I never really could get into their albums.
  • Visit poster's website