track top 100 including singles and songs from albums

View previous topic :: View next topic
ffudnebbuh
level 8

United States

• Posted: 09/26/2017 15:10
  • Post subject: track top 100 including singles and songs from albums
I think that It would be better if we had a top 1000 including all songs, singles, album tracks, etc...now, we are excluding great songs that were not associated with great albums, such as singles. So everyone would post their 100 favorite songs including singles from all decades regardless if they were part of great albums. I think that it would be a much more accurate compilation of all of our favorite songs.
wooolf

Belgium

• Posted: 09/27/2017 10:30
  • Post subject:
Funny, I was just thinking what a shame it is that my all time favorite The Smiths song 'This Charming Man' has no place on BEA.. (except in compilations etc..)
  • Visit poster's website
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 09/28/2017 11:36
  • Post subject: Re: track top 100 including singles and songs from albums
Agree, a lot of great tracks only appear on compilation albums. BEA doesn't currently support creating charts of tracks but it's something that might be added in the future once the site re-design has been completed.
  • Visit poster's website
DanielNunes93

Portugal

• Posted: 09/29/2017 22:39
albummaster wrote:
Agree, a lot of great tracks only appear on compilation albums. BEA doesn't currently support creating charts of tracks but it's something that might be added in the future once the site re-design has been completed.

And what is the situation about the site Re-Design? Any time-frame or something? I know it's a complex process but I think we all already miss those big updates that make the BEA even better.
  • Visit poster's website
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 09/30/2017 07:54
DanielNunes93 wrote:
And what is the situation about the site Re-Design? Any time-frame or something? I know it's a complex process but I think we all already miss those big updates that make the BEA even better.

The re-design is being worked on every day. It's impossible to give an exact time-frame at the moment, but it's unlikely to be before Christmas. The existing site is being maintained at the same time which is slowing things down somewhat.
  • Visit poster's website
Yann

France

• Posted: 10/12/2017 06:30
  • Post subject:
In the Top rated track of all time, there is a function "include or not compilation"

https://www.besteveralbums.com/toprated...=0&y=0

So if you don't include compilation, you'll miss This Charming Man, Love Will Tear Us Apart, etc.

The problem (already expressed) i that if you're include compilation, a song that appear in both album and compilation will appear in different ranks (they are not merged)
(additional problem : one can rate the same song twice)
  • Visit poster's website
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 10/12/2017 09:46
  • Post subject:
Yann wrote:
The problem (already expressed) i that if you're include compilation, a song that appear in both album and compilation will appear in different ranks (they are not merged)
(additional problem : one can rate the same song twice)

this has been raised before but it's impossible to fix without *a lot* of manual work sifting through over a million tracks to work out if the same track appears on another album. And this is even more complicated by the fact the track could have the same name on other album(s), but be a different version of the same track (e.g. live, extended mix, remix etc) or another track entirely. The problem is far more complicated than it first seems, and it can't be automated without leading to a lot of false positives or other errors.
  • Visit poster's website