Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 62, 63, 64 ... 89, 90, 91  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
Tha1ChiefRocka
Yeah, well hey, I'm really sorry.

United States

• Posted: 09/26/2017 03:03
  • Post subject:
Hayden wrote:
Finding 2017 incredibly drab for film so far... only seen about 15 films, and can't even say I enjoyed half. Only real standouts for me at this point are Baby Driver, Okja, Get Out and A Ghost Story. Hoping the remainder of the year turns out for the best, def a few things on my plate I'm looking forward to. Haven't seen Dunkirk or The Beguiled yet though, so there's those.

Anyone have any under the radar film recs from this year?

If you have not seen this then check it out!

Raw- http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4954522/?ref_=nv_sr_2
  • Visit poster's website
Hayden

Canada

• Posted: 09/27/2017 20:30
  • Post subject:
Tha1ChiefRocka wrote:
Hayden wrote:
Finding 2017 incredibly drab for film so far... only seen about 15 films, and can't even say I enjoyed half. Only real standouts for me at this point are Baby Driver, Okja, Get Out and A Ghost Story. Hoping the remainder of the year turns out for the best, def a few things on my plate I'm looking forward to. Haven't seen Dunkirk or The Beguiled yet though, so there's those.

Anyone have any under the radar film recs from this year?

If you have not seen this then check it out!

Raw- http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4954522/?ref_=nv_sr_2

Yeah, yeah, Raw's dope. It was pretty high on my year end list for 2016 (same with Applerill's), fantastic horror film. That being said, def saw it last year... don't even think I've seen any output from France this year Think

Quote:
I don't usually get that into movies until the last 3 months of the year. That's when 90% of the best stuff seems to come out.

Same... maybe it's best to wait.

Quote:
See Wind River if you haven't.

Will do, putting it on the watchlist.
  • Visit poster's website
AfterHours

• Posted: 09/30/2017 19:43
  • Post subject:
I don't know about anyone else, but I am psyched about Blade Runner 2049 -- and I am not one to get psyched (like, at all) about big budget releases.

Dozens of reviews are in (see Rottentomatoes.com), and while I've resisted the temptation to read them so far (don't want to know much about the plot going in), the results are clear in that the film has (virtually) universally high acclaim -- usually a very good sign.

I'm not expecting the film to be as subtle as the original Blade Runner (which is much more an "art film" than a "blockbuster"), but I am hoping the new one is at least a great movie-going experience, and it seems increasingly likely that will be the case.

Link

Last edited by AfterHours on 10/01/2017 01:10; edited 1 time in total
  • Visit poster's website
HazeyTwilight
boyfriend in your wet dreams

Ireland

• Posted: 09/30/2017 21:22
  • Post subject:
AfterHours wrote:
I don't know about anyone else, but I am psyched about Blade Runner 2049 -- and I am not one to get psyched (like, at all) about big budget releases.

Dozens of reviews are in (see Rottentomatoes.com), and while I've resisted the temptation to read them so far (don't want to know much about the plot going in), the results are clear in that the film has (virtually) universally high acclaim -- usually a very good sign.

I'm not expecting the film to be as subtle as the original Blade Runner (which is much more an "art film" than a "blockbuster"), but I am hoping the new one is at least a great movie-going experience, and it is seeming increasingly likely that will be the case.

Link

I'm honestly surprised by the initial reviews because, even though I'm also looking forward to it and it has great talent involved, I expected it to flop. That's usually the case with these kinds of films, right?
AfterHours

• Posted: 10/01/2017 01:09
  • Post subject:
HazeyTwilight wrote:
AfterHours wrote:

I'm not expecting the film to be as subtle as the original Blade Runner (which is much more an "art film" than a "blockbuster"), but I am hoping the new one is at least a great movie-going experience, and it is seeming increasingly likely that will be the case.

Link

I'm honestly surprised by the initial reviews because, even though I'm also looking forward to it and it has great talent involved, I expected it to flop. That's usually the case with these kinds of films, right?

Yes, unfortunately... Good to see that this will probably be a rare exception.
  • Visit poster's website
Tha1ChiefRocka
Yeah, well hey, I'm really sorry.

United States

• Posted: 10/02/2017 01:13
  • Post subject:
Who here has watched the Shinichiro Watanabe short for Blade Runner? I thought it was pretty good.
  • Visit poster's website
badseed

United States

• Posted: 10/02/2017 03:51
  • Post subject:
Well, it's October. I'm shooting for at least a double feature for horror films every night this month. Starting off with some silent classics.
  • Visit poster's website
HazeyTwilight
boyfriend in your wet dreams

Ireland

• Posted: 10/02/2017 11:49
  • Post subject:
Tha1ChiefRocka wrote:
Who here has watched the Shinichiro Watanabe short for Blade Runner? I thought it was pretty good.

Yeah, I liked it too. Captured the world and atmosphere of the original almost perfectly.
benpaco
Who's gonna watch you die?

United States

• Posted: 10/02/2017 20:30
  • Post subject:
Hey, anyone here see Marjorie Prime? I missed the release altogether, seen pretty good reviews, and the director (Michael Almereyda) is going to be directing the adaptation of my favorite ever novel, White Noise. I know Almereyda for a dry version of Hamlet and Twister but his recent stuff has good reviews, anyone care to comment on if he's actually gotten good?

. . . 2016 . . . 2015 . . .

Things I Make
  • Visit poster's website
stangetzaway

Australia

• Posted: 11/23/2017 02:31
  • Post subject:
Scarlett Street 9.0

Dope film noir directed by Fritz Lang whom with his German expression films from tbe early thirties is somewhat responsible for the genres existence. Set in the late forties and centering on the married Edward G Robinson's characters obsession on the much younger Constance Bennets "Lazy Legs". The only sore point is the believability of her character being head over heels for the odious and far from dashing Johnny. Expertly plotted character study, everyone ends up miserable or dead but what good film noir doesn't?
  • Visit poster's website