Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic
Jimmy Dread
Old skool like Happy Shopper

United Kingdom

• Posted: 01/25/2018 20:51
  • Post subject:
Welcome to BEA pal.

I reckon you're right with that album being 2009. Chances are the original Canadian CD had 2008 written on it somewhere (likely phonographic copyright - the little p symbol in a circle that you see on virtually all CDs/LPs) and whoever put the info on Discogs took this to mean the release date. I'll change it. AM's done it already...!
  • Visit poster's website
Penguin

United Kingdom

• Posted: 01/25/2018 20:59
  • Post subject:
Jimmy Dread wrote:
Welcome to BEA pal.

I reckon you're right with that album being 2009. Chances are the original Canadian CD had 2008 written on it somewhere (likely phonographic copyright - the little p symbol in a circle that you see on virtually all CDs/LPs) and whoever put the info on Discogs took this to mean the release date. I'll change it. AM's done it already...!

Cheers Jimmy!
Penguin

United Kingdom

• Posted: 01/26/2018 00:18
  • Post subject:
I have stumbled across another issue I could do with some guidance on please.

I'd like to add some albums by Enation. Except their recent releases have been under the name "Jonathan Jackson + Enation" despite it being exactly the same band line-up as far as I am aware. (It is my understanding Jonathan Jackson was always part of the band and they have just added his name to benefit from his recent exposure on a TV show.)

Should I add the artist simply as "Enation" and then add all the albums (whether they state "Enation" or "Jonathan Jackson + Enation" on the cover) or should I set it up as two separate artists?

Personally I favour the former - better to have everything just as "Enation" (especially as they may go back to just "Enation" at some point) but I will await advice on how this has been handled before on BEA...
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 01/26/2018 13:48
  • Post subject:
Penguin wrote:

I'd like to add some albums by Enation. Except their recent releases have been under the name "Jonathan Jackson + Enation" despite it being exactly the same band line-up as far as I am aware. (It is my understanding Jonathan Jackson was always part of the band and they have just added his name to benefit from his recent exposure on a TV show.)

Should I add the artist simply as "Enation" and then add all the albums (whether they state "Enation" or "Jonathan Jackson + Enation" on the cover) or should I set it up as two separate artists?

Personally I favour the former - better to have everything just as "Enation" (especially as they may go back to just "Enation" at some point) but I will await advice on how this has been handled before on BEA...

It's best to use the name that the album was released as e.g. Jonathan Jackson + Enation so that the listing is factually correct (i.e. create two separate artists). The two artists can then be aliased together so that both artist's albums can be viewed together from a single page.
  • Visit poster's website
Penguin

United Kingdom

• Posted: 01/26/2018 23:23
  • Post subject:
albummaster wrote:
Penguin wrote:

It's best to use the name that the album was released as e.g. Jonathan Jackson + Enation so that the listing is factually correct (i.e. create two separate artists). The two artists can then be aliased together so that both artist's albums can be viewed together from a single page.

Ok, I'll do that. How do you alias the two artists together? Or is that something just you (or other admins) can do?
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 01/27/2018 07:30
  • Post subject:
You are able to report parent artists as data corrections in a similar way to other types of correction. Once you've gained enough mod points (by performing edits etc), additional moderation abilities become available. Certain types of edit are only able to be carried out by myself at the moment (e.g. database deletions), but the system is going to be extended to enable other moderators to perform even more edits once the site redesign is completed.
  • Visit poster's website
Penguin

United Kingdom

• Posted: 01/27/2018 23:16
  • Post subject:
albummaster wrote:
You are able to report parent artists as data corrections in a similar way to other types of correction. Once you've gained enough mod points (by performing edits etc), additional moderation abilities become available. Certain types of edit are only able to be carried out by myself at the moment (e.g. database deletions), but the system is going to be extended to enable other moderators to perform even more edits once the site redesign is completed.

Thanks AM.
Will58

• Posted: 03/20/2018 13:48
  • Post subject:
Hi Penguin - two questions:
1, how did you get to Level 4 in 56 days!!?!?
2, why no charts we can look at?