I'm here...now we can begin

View previous topic :: View next topic
justmeetee

United States

• Posted: 02/19/2018 04:32
  • Post subject: I'm here...now we can begin
60s...my age range and when music became important to me. I inherited a record player and large stack of 45s when my uncle went to Vietnam in 1965 and I was 10 years old. I had been aware of and enjoyed music before then. My parents had a fair collection of Country Western albums and I was glued to the tube for Ed Sullivan and the Beatles among others. First album I bought was Let It Be followed quickly by The Rolling Stones, The Doors, CCR, Jefferson Airplane, The Kinks and Hendrix.
Then I discovered other musical styles and enjoy most of them, although not much made in the last 20 or so years have done a lot for me. In fact rap/hip hop, techno and today's new country and popular music will make me hurt myself trying to get to the off switch. I even have a small but carefully considered classical collection. (The final movement of Ravel's Bolero is one of the most incredible pieces of music I've ever heard)
Found this site when having a discussion about what year "The Rise And Fall Of Ziggy Stardust And The Spiders From Mars" was released. (I was wrong) Think I'm going to enjoy being here.
  • Visit poster's website
theblueboy

• Posted: 02/19/2018 21:27
  • Post subject:
Sounds like you have great taste! Looking forward to seeing some charts and your views in the forums if you choose to venture there Smile