A returning member

View previous topic :: View next topic
Pronouns

United States

• Posted: 04/15/2018 05:05
  • Post subject: A returning member
Hey, it's nice to be here again! You may know me as 'Words' if you recall? Yep, Mr Incubus boi is back. *unenthusiastic yay* actually, I'm glad to be back. A lot has happened in my absence. I won't go through it all but I'll give some context.

1. I started getting busy with landscaping and school and I didn't really have a good computer. I was using my phone for the site and it was really frustrating to use on a small screen. I ended up getting a job at my dad's office in the shipping and receiving department and I was packed for awhile.

2. I moved into a RV with my family.......yeah um...........its interesting. I'm not sure how to feel about it.

3. After some time I missed writing about music but I wanted more "sophisticated" posts if you will. Sometime in October (I think) I started writing on this app called amino. I was in two communities. Music and Indie Music. Music Amino was garbage. It was basically Queen and Panic At The Disco Fanbois that threw hissy fits about how rap sucks and trashed music they never really listened to. That community was also poorly managed by the leaders and I left. Indie Music was better at first and I was even promoted leader! I had a weekly series where I'd pick an album of the week and I'd go in depth on it! My personal favorites were Takk... and Black Tambourine's anthology. However, the head leader was the definition of the worst. Often baiting members into arguments and being super snobby and passive aggressive. Often the leader would almost force me to write reviews and themes I never wanted to then would deny saying that it was forced. I about had it and I stepped down and left.

A good friend of mine from the amino recommended me another music site and....I find it to be okay....its just not the same as here. I was really starting to miss this place, especially when I was in Indie Music Amino. So after a long day of writing I decided to make a new account and come back! I hope to start working on a chart as soon as I'm done on my current project.

I'm writing about Shoegaze EPs. I don't know if I'm gonna start a blog or a YouTube channel but I'm putting in writing effort for the first time since I left amino. It's tiring but I enjoy it! I'm kinda frustrated because I want to include Pigment by Ecstasy of Saint Theresa and Happy Songs For Happy Zombies by Pinkshinyultrablast seeing how I think they are some...not iconic but....around those lines...but I often find myself talking about other works rather than the EP itself or even anything to say at all. I feel like it wouldnt be right to not include them but...I just don't habe much to say. I'm taking a break from it at the moment and hopefully something's hits my head. I kinda want to scrap it but I like what I wrote about Mass of the Fermenting Dregs and Battery Point...i dunno. I'm rambling at this point haha. Anyways, I'm glad to be back! See ya around!
  • Visit poster's website
Tap
to resume download

United States

• Posted: 04/15/2018 07:10
  • Post subject:
welcome back!
  • Visit poster's website
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 04/15/2018 10:06
  • Post subject: Re: A returning member
Hi, welcome back. Agree this site is very frustrating to use on a small device, but that should be fixed pretty soon.
  • Visit poster's website
mickilennial
The Most Trusted Name in News

Poland

• Posted: 04/15/2018 10:36
  • Post subject:
i remember you words man
  • Visit poster's website
pa
as it happens

Italy

• Posted: 04/15/2018 12:33
  • Post subject:
welcome back mate!
  • Visit poster's website
Repo
BeA Sunflower

United States

• Posted: 04/15/2018 13:25
Pronouns wrote:
Hey, it's nice to be here again! You may know me as 'Words' if you recall? Yep, Mr Incubus boi is back. *unenthusiastic yay* actually, I'm glad to be back. A lot has happened in my absence. I won't go through it all but I'll give some context.

1. I started getting busy with landscaping and school and I didn't really have a good computer. I was using my phone for the site and it was really frustrating to use on a small screen. I ended up getting a job at my dad's office in the shipping and receiving department and I was packed for awhile.

2. I moved into a RV with my family.......yeah um...........its interesting. I'm not sure how to feel about it.

3. After some time I missed writing about music but I wanted more "sophisticated" posts if you will. Sometime in October (I think) I started writing on this app called amino. I was in two communities. Music and Indie Music. Music Amino was garbage. It was basically Queen and Panic At The Disco Fanbois that threw hissy fits about how rap sucks and trashed music they never really listened to. That community was also poorly managed by the leaders and I left. Indie Music was better at first and I was even promoted leader! I had a weekly series where I'd pick an album of the week and I'd go in depth on it! My personal favorites were Takk... and Black Tambourine's anthology. However, the head leader was the definition of the worst. Often baiting members into arguments and being super snobby and passive aggressive. Often the leader would almost force me to write reviews and themes I never wanted to then would deny saying that it was forced. I about had it and I stepped down and left.

A good friend of mine from the amino recommended me another music site and....I find it to be okay....its just not the same as here. I was really starting to miss this place, especially when I was in Indie Music Amino. So after a long day of writing I decided to make a new account and come back! I hope to start working on a chart as soon as I'm done on my current project.

I'm writing about Shoegaze EPs. I don't know if I'm gonna start a blog or a YouTube channel but I'm putting in writing effort for the first time since I left amino. It's tiring but I enjoy it! I'm kinda frustrated because I want to include Pigment by Ecstasy of Saint Theresa and Happy Songs For Happy Zombies by Pinkshinyultrablast seeing how I think they are some...not iconic but....around those lines...but I often find myself talking about other works rather than the EP itself or even anything to say at all. I feel like it wouldnt be right to not include them but...I just don't habe much to say. I'm taking a break from it at the moment and hopefully something's hits my head. I kinda want to scrap it but I like what I wrote about Mass of the Fermenting Dregs and Battery Point...i dunno. I'm rambling at this point haha. Anyways, I'm glad to be back! See ya around!

Sounds awesome! You should start a music diary. Check out that part of the forum. I think its a new feature since u were here lat. Will definitely give you a nice place to write whatever u want. And don't worry about not having anything to say at times or having any preconceived notions about what your review should b like. Just write.
  • Visit poster's website
Pronouns

United States

• Posted: 04/16/2018 06:44
albummaster wrote:
Hi, welcome back. Agree this site is very frustrating to use on a small device, but that should be fixed pretty soon.

Haha, no worries! I have a good laptop and a decent size phone now, better than a tiny Ipod touch or a Galaxie S3 with a messed up screen thats for sure!

tilly wrote:
Sounds awesome! You should start a music diary. Check out that part of the forum. I think its a new feature since u were here lat. Will definitely give you a nice place to write whatever u want. And don't worry about not having anything to say at times or having any preconceived notions about what your review should b like. Just write.

I think it was there I was here prior but I don't think I did anything. I started one now. You got a point though, I should let the faucet flow so to speak. I tell myself this often but I never really listen lol

gowi wrote:
i remember you words man

Boo hoo! Wordsman, come together with your hands
Save me, I'm together with your plan
Save me
Save, yeah
Save me
With your, with your hands
Write the rhythm with your hands
(Write the rhythm while you can) Wordsman
  • Visit poster's website