Low Rank Vs. High Rank listening challenge. Same Year/Style.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
AAL2014

United States

• Posted: 04/15/2018 16:44
  • Post subject:
Bobby, I think it was you who gave me a recommendation on that Fixx album a number of weeks ago. Good record. I absolutely love One Thing Leads To Another. Great pop hook.
bobbyb5

United States

• Posted: 04/15/2018 18:25
  • Post subject:
Maybe I was partial to the Cyndi Lauper album because she grew up in the same neighborhood as me. Heh heh. Although not at the same time of course.
  • Visit poster's website
Repo
BeA Sunflower

United States

• Posted: 04/15/2018 19:05
  • Post subject:
bobbyb5 wrote:
Maybe I was partial to the Cyndi Lauper album because she grew up in the same neighborhood as me. Heh heh. Although not at the same time of course.

Ande here I thought u were partial to the Divnyls because of an unforgettable wet t-shirt contest concert.
  • Visit poster's website
bobbyb5

United States

• Posted: 04/15/2018 19:40
  • Post subject:
Tilly wrote:
Ande here I thought u were partial to the Divnyls because of an unforgettable wet t-shirt contest concert.

Lol. Unfortunately, she was wearing a dress and not a t-shirt. Sadly, Christina Amphlett recently died of cancer.
  • Visit poster's website
RoundTheBend
I miss the comfort in being sad

United States

• Posted: 04/15/2018 21:22
  • Post subject:
Great idea RKM!

I think I've decided I need one of these but each bag is music discovery ideas/projects (can I quit my day job?):

• Visit poster's website
bobbyb5

United States

• Posted: 04/15/2018 21:44
  • Post subject:
AAL2014 wrote:
Bobby, I think it was you who gave me a recommendation on that Fixx album a number of weeks ago. Good record. I absolutely love One Thing Leads To Another. Great pop hook.

Yeah, One Thing Leads to Another has gotta be their crowning achievement. It's awesome. It jumps right out of the speakers at ya. Actually the whole album has a really exciting sound to it. Very Vivid.
  • Visit poster's website
bobbyb5

United States

• Posted: 04/15/2018 22:08
  • Post subject:
sethmadsen wrote:
Great idea RKM!

I think I've decided I need one of these but each bag is music discovery ideas/projects (can I quit my day job?):

The sight of those IV drips gave me flashbacks. One time I was in the county hospital and it was so understaffed that when the IV drip was done nobody came around to change it or remove it, and what happens is that once the fluid runs out it reverses the flow and your blood starts filling up the IV tubes and bag. All I could do is just lay there and ring the buzzer for help and watch my blood being drained out of me. It was horrifying.
  • Visit poster's website
RoundTheBend
I miss the comfort in being sad

United States

• Posted: 04/15/2018 22:16
  • Post subject:
[quote="bobbyb5"]
sethmadsen wrote:
Great idea RKM!

The sight of those IV drips gave me flashbacks. One time I was in the county hospital and it was so understaffed that when the IV drip was done nobody came around to change it or remove it, and what happens is that once the fluid runs out it reverses the flow and your blood starts filling up the IV tubes and bag. All I could do is just lay there and ring the buzzer for help and watch my blood being drained out of me. It was horrifying.

Doh! I had no intention to bring back bad memories BobbyB5! I've had many a depressing days staring at these whether they were on me, family or friends.

But it did seem like a fitting analogy on how I'd like to consume music. Sometimes I wish I could listen to 5 albums at the same time and it'd still make sense, while also making the rating, ranking, and forming educated opinions of them equally "intravenous"/internal, etc.
  • Visit poster's website
AAL2014

United States

• Posted: 04/16/2018 05:23
  • Post subject:
bobbyb5 wrote:
Yeah, One Thing Leads to Another has gotta be their crowning achievement. It's awesome. It jumps right out of the speakers at ya. Actually the whole album has a really exciting sound to it. Very Vivid.

Yeah honestly there were only a couple songs on the record I didn't really care for. The rest were very catchy and actually the bass guitar is a highlight throughout the album.
bobbyb5

United States

• Posted: 04/16/2018 10:28
  • Post subject:
[quote="sethmadsen"]
bobbyb5 wrote:
sethmadsen wrote:
Great idea RKM!

Doh! I had no intention to bring back bad memories BobbyB5! I've had many a depressing days staring at these whether they were on me, family or friends.

But it did seem like a fitting analogy on how I'd like to consume music. Sometimes I wish I could listen to 5 albums at the same time and it'd still make sense, while also making the rating, ranking, and forming educated opinions of them equally "intravenous"/internal, etc.

No, u need THIS. Much more effective for consuming massive quantities of music.

Trust It by Junior Jack
  • Visit poster's website