Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic
elo269megv
Punk Rock Detective

United States

• Posted: 05/06/2018 21:35
  • Post subject: Re: RePost
TrekkiELO wrote:

I'd rank State of Mind and Melting in the Sun with those other two from ZOOM! You didn't have Along in the Universe ranked on any of your charts from 2015 or 2010s that's why I was asking.

I'll give those two a listen! And you're right I must have missed it! I haven't really paid close attention to my 2010s decade or year charts, I haven't got there yet! Working on it right now. But Alone In The Universe will definitely be on there.

I saw you went through and rated a bunch of my charts! Thanks, I'll go and do the same for you when I have a chance.

Post-Hardcore: https://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?c=52396
  • Visit poster's website
TrekkiELO

United States

• Posted: 05/06/2018 21:44
elo269megv wrote:
TrekkiELO wrote:

I'd rank State of Mind and Melting in the Sun with those other two from ZOOM! You didn't have Along in the Universe ranked on any of your charts from 2015 or 2010s that's why I was asking.

I'll give those two a listen! And you're right I must have missed it! I haven't really paid close attention to my 2010s decade or year charts, I haven't got there yet! Working on it right now. But Alone In The Universe will definitely be on there.

I saw you went through and rated a bunch of my charts! Thanks, I'll go and do the same for you when I have a chance.

You're welcome and thanks.

I'd attended the fan club only Zoom Tour Live concerts on May 23-24, 2001, at CBS Television City in Hollywood, California.

Jeff Lynne is doing well, but Richard Tandy, Kelly Groucutt, Mik Kaminski, Hugh McDowell, Mel Gale & Louis Clark are all sorely missed.

One day you're a hero. Next day you're a clown. There's nothing that is in between. Now you're a 21st Century Man.
  • Visit poster's website
elo269megv
Punk Rock Detective

United States

• Posted: 05/06/2018 21:55
TrekkiELO wrote:

I'd attended the fan club only Zoom Tour Live concerts on May 23-24, 2001, at CBS Television City in Hollywood, California.

Jeff Lynne is doing well, but Richard Tandy, Kelly Groucutt, Mik Kaminski, Hugh McDowell, Mel Gale & Louis Clark are all sorely missed.

My favorite ELO lineup contains Lynne, Tandy, Bev Bevan, Kelly, Mik, Hugh, and Mel... Classic ELO. I was listening to A New World Record earlier today and was like "damn, listen to that bassline" there are so many things that make their music catchy. Lyrics, vocals, melodies, riffs, basslines, strings, etc etc... Bev Bevan really booms too

Post-Hardcore: https://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?c=52396
  • Visit poster's website
TrekkiELO

United States

• Posted: 05/06/2018 22:04
elo269megv wrote:
TrekkiELO wrote:

My favorite ELO lineup contains Lynne, Tandy, Bev Bevan, Kelly, Mik, Hugh, and Mel... Classic ELO. I was listening to A New World Record earlier today and was like "damn, listen to that bassline" there are so many things that make their music catchy. Lyrics, vocals, melodies, riffs, basslines, strings, etc etc... Bev Bevan really booms too

Yeah, that's Electric Light Orchestra's definitive lineup. I somehow forgot Bev Bevan. Too bad Zoom, Alone in the Universe and their respective concerts didn't have all of these great guys!

Louis Clark, "nothing less than the constructor of the symphonic seal of ELO."

I'm still angry at the 2017 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame nomination/induction committee for snubbing those former ELO members along with Mike de Albuquerque, Wilf Gibson, Mike Edwards and Colin Walker!

One day you're a hero. Next day you're a clown. There's nothing that is in between. Now you're a 21st Century Man.
  • Visit poster's website
bobbyb5

United States

• Posted: 05/07/2018 08:33
  • Post subject:
TrekkiELO wrote:
bobbyb5 wrote:
TrekkiELO wrote:
Patti Quatro Ericson, Brie Brandt (both of the band Fanny) and Addie Lee sang uncredited backing vocals at various points in the album, especially on "Livin' Thing" and the opening track "Tightrope".

Link

I never knew that about the girls from Fanny being on this album. Fanniy were a pretty good band even though they never made a really good album. But they were great on other people's records. Particularly on Stoney End. They were awesome in fact.

Indeed, "Stoney End" by Barbra Streisand is cool, Fanny rocks 'n' rolls, especially on "Charity Ball" & "Butter Boy"!

Fanny was one of the first notable rock groups to be made up entirely of women, the third to sign with a major label (after Goldie & the Gingerbreads and the Pleasure Seekers), and the first to release an album on a major label (in 1970).

In a 1999 interview with Rolling Stone, Fanny fan David Bowie revealed his respect for the band:

One of the most important female bands in American rock has been buried without a trace. And that is Fanny. They were one of the finest... rock bands of their time, in about 1973. They were extraordinary... they're as important as anybody else who's ever been, ever; it just wasn't their time. Revivify Fanny. And I will feel that my work is done.

Yeah, their playing is awesome on Stoney End. Particularly the drummer. She was awesome on that.

— David Bowie
  • Visit poster's website