Other
25%
 25%  [19]
Total Votes : 75

theblueboy

• Posted: 01/20/2018 20:19
  • Post subject:
hereforashortime wrote:
I know this is controversial but, I actually think Better Call Saul is better than Breaking Bad

Absolutely agree
Puncture Repair

• Posted: 01/20/2018 22:27
  • Post subject:
JOSweetHeart wrote:
My newest favorite show on TV is Young Sheldon. That boy is so precious! Smile Smile Smile

He's certainly a lot of things.

Good to see this thread back. Currently working my way through the West Wing and really enjoying it. One of the few things me and the SO are equally excited about. It's lighthearted and lacks cynicism, but makes for a cozy evening watch while being able to remind yourself you must be really clever because you watch the West Wing.

I had to quit Twin Peaks. I really wanted to like it but couldn't bring myself to watch any more. All the characters felt like archetypes drawn up on a napkin. Love all three songs in the soundtrack. Couldn't think of any plot or personality worth returning to. It feels like (and maybe I didn't get through it enough to judge) that it's had this new niche following because of how quirky and dated it is and its fans want to latch onto something that's left of field for the sake of it.

As a side, I think it's awesome that platforms like Netflix are able to take risks and revive these niche fan-favourites for the very targeted market it aims at. It must have been crazy to have something like Twin Peaks on live TV in the day, and I can see why it had to take the turns it did.

Anyway. Need some tricks into getting my girlfriend to watch the Wire. Already tried telling her that Season 4 of The West Wing takes an artistic turn and is set in Baltimore, but she saw right through it.
travelful
BEA's Official Florida Man

United States

• Posted: 01/20/2018 22:46
  • Post subject:
It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia

/thread
  • Visit poster's website
RealSlimFatty

• Posted: 02/11/2018 23:37
  • Post subject:
Cory in the House is probably the greatest tv show ever.
  • Visit poster's website
hereforashortime

United States

• Posted: 02/12/2018 03:36
  • Post subject:
RealSlimFatty wrote:
Cory in the House is probably the greatest tv show ever.

I mean it's a good anime, but it doesn't hold a candle to livin' life with derek (the dubbed version, the subbed version doesn't have as much of the complex sexuality issues.)
geobeowolf

• Posted: 05/08/2018 13:48
  • Post subject:
Has someone mentioned M.A.S.H yet?
  • Visit poster's website
sophialeviev

United States

• Posted: 05/17/2018 01:57
  • Post subject: Twin Peaks!
Twin Peaks was straight up art. The 2017 reload featured a bunch of cool tracks at the end of each episode. This was how I found Sharon Van Etten; the season also featured Nine inch Nails and a bunch of other bands. I think David Lynch (Twin Peaks director) has a really great ear for music and for getting people together. So far I've been/am going to two of Lynch's benefit concerts, and the lineups have always been so sick. Two years ago he had a concert with Sting, Jim James from My Morning Jacket, and a few other acts... since then he's only gotten better, this month he's hosting something called Festival of Disruption which has a lineup of Animal Collective, Flying Lotus, Jon Hopkins, Jim James, Flying Lotus, members of LCD Soundsystem, etc... also there will be art films shown.

I think the original Twin Peaks had a great score (courtesy of Angelo Badalamenti, if you don't know him he composed a lot of Good Shit™ for Lynch) and a bunch of cool features from a woman named Julee Cruise. He has quite and eye/ear for music and artists, it's pretty astounding what he does and how he manages. I'm also just madly obsessed with Twin Peaks' stellar cinematography that stays fucking chilling even after nearly 30 years. Applause Applause Applause

Anyone else here a Twin Peaks fan?
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
jackbrown8786

• Posted: 05/17/2018 06:03
  • Post subject:
objectively it's probably Breaking Bad or The Wire right now.

personal fav's that deserve to be mentioned:

Star Trek The Original Series
Star Trek The Next Generation
All In The Family
South Park
Seinfeld (should have been an option instead of Arrested Development)
Black Mirror

personal fav that probably doesn't deserve it, but come on:

That's My Bush

if you haven't seen that and you were around for the Bush administration, you missed out.

also I'm going to throw a negative vote at Twin Peaks, garbage.

I liked Tales From The Crypt as a kid, not sure if it holds up.

the first season of Dexter was incredible, then it was pointless, then outlandish, then boring.

NOTHING HAPPENED IN THE LAST 5 SEASONS OF THE SOPRANOS AND THERE WERE ONLY 6 SEASONS. the acting was great, the dialogue wasn't bad, and the characters were fleshed out (even though they were all unpleasant ppl), but there were no interesting events after the first season. just a soap opera full of angry ppl shouting for no real reason.

I just realized how old I might be perceived as but I'm actually only 29.
  • Visit poster's website