Last concert you went to

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 50, 51, 52  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
indieshins

Australia

• Posted: 06/02/2018 01:54
  • Post subject:
I don't go to a lot of concerts because they're pretty expensive. If a band I really like comes out though, I try and make it. Still regret not going to see Car Seat Headrest when they were here back in Feb.

All that being said, my last concert was Foo Fighters. I'm not a huge fan, but a good friend of mine invited me along so I though why not. It was really fun - they play well and Dave Grohl is obviously pure class.
benfitzuk

• Posted: 06/03/2018 17:02
  • Post subject:
Last gig I went to was Arcade Fire in Birmingham (Best gig of my life) but it was all the way back in april. I haven't had time to go to anymore because of my GCSE's. I've got loads lined up this summer. Arctic Monkeys, TRNSMT festival, Reading festival, community festival, Morissey, Jack White, Flight Of The Concords and Justin Timberlake!!
  • Visit poster's website
Tha1ChiefRocka
Yeah, well hey, I'm really sorry.

United States

• Posted: 06/05/2018 01:00
  • Post subject:
I could tell you in great detail how completely mind-altering the Ween show was last night, but instead I'll just tell you that if Ween is in your area for this tour, then you should drop everything that you are doing to go see one of the best live music acts that has ever existed.

Ween @ The Midland Theater, Kansas City, MO

Setlist:

Don't Get 2 Close (2 My Fantasy)
Captain Fantasy
Take Me Away
Bananas and Blow
Buckingham Green
Captain
My Own Bare Hands
Spinal Meningitis (Got Me Down)
I Play It Off Legit
Stay Forever
She's Your Baby
Ocean Man
Touch My Tooter
Mister, Would You Please Help My Pony?
Pumpin' for the Man
Your Party
Big Jilm
Piss Up a Rope
Wavin' My Dick in the Wind
Someday

Encore:
Awesome Sound
The Stallion Pt. 3
Laura
I Can't Put My Finger on It
Buenos Tardes Amigo

Whoa! Great video uploaded for this concert. Here's one of my favorites.

Link

Also, Dean Ween is a guitar god.

Link
  • Visit poster's website
dihansse

Belgium

• Posted: 06/05/2018 10:31
  • Post subject:
Tha1ChiefRocka wrote:
I could tell you in great detail how completely mind-altering the Ween show was last night, but instead I'll just tell you that if Ween is in your area for this tour, then you should drop everything that you are doing to go see one of the best live music acts that has ever existed.

Ween @ The Midland Theater, Kansas City, MO

Setlist:

Don't Get 2 Close (2 My Fantasy)
Captain Fantasy
Take Me Away
Bananas and Blow
Buckingham Green
Captain
My Own Bare Hands
Spinal Meningitis (Got Me Down)
I Play It Off Legit
Stay Forever
She's Your Baby
Ocean Man
Touch My Tooter
Mister, Would You Please Help My Pony?
Pumpin' for the Man
Your Party
Big Jilm
Piss Up a Rope
Wavin' My Dick in the Wind
Someday

Encore:
Awesome Sound
The Stallion Pt. 3
Laura
I Can't Put My Finger on It
Buenos Tardes Amigo

Whoa! Great video uploaded for this concert. Here's one of my favorites.

Link

Also, Dean Ween is a guitar god.

Link

The sound quality of both uploads is not great but I understand your enthusiasm and they certainly whet my appetite.
I only really know Voodoo Lady and have only listened to the album form which it was taken, Chocolate & Cheese which I suppose is their "hit" album, but that didn't really impress me.
Do you have another album you can advise me to listen to?
  • Visit poster's website
Tha1ChiefRocka

United States

• Posted: 06/05/2018 15:10
  • Post subject:
Although my overall chart says something different right now, Quebec is probably my favorite album by Ween. However you could give some of their live albums a listen like Live at Stubbs, or the live version of their first album Godweensatan. I usually tell people to approach Ween like Zappa. The lyrics are going to be crude and goofy a lot of the time, and the music may even be offputting as well, but there is a definite genius hiding underneath.
  • Visit poster's website
Tha1ChiefRocka

United States

• Posted: 06/12/2018 14:39
  • Post subject:
Worked four concerts last week. They were;

Jake Burns, Dropkick Murphys and Flogging Molly

Jake Burns was the lead singer of Stiff Little Fingers, so it was cool to see him perform solo as the opener. Flogging Molly surprised me. It had been a long time since I'd listened to them, and they put on a good show. Dropkick Murphy's were fine, but they've become sort of gimmicky to me. I don't like them near as much as I used to.

Brit Floyd

Well, as far as cover bands go, these guys are probably one of the best around. If Roger Waters doesn't come near you on a tour, then go see this group if you can get a cheap ticket. It was good setlist too. They explored the majority of Pink Floyd's albums including Arnold Layne!

Dierks Bentley and Various other modern country artists

I wasn't actually in to see this one, but it didn't sound very good.

YES

I got to see the Yes show on Sunday. It's the YES 50 Tour, and the old folks showed up by the hundreds. Really there were only 600 people at the show, which was kind of sad. I'll tell you what though, 71 year old Steve Howe absolutely shreds on the guitar. He's a wizard for sure. The rest of the band (some from various incarnations of Yes' career, Geoff Downes, and even Alan White came out for a couple songs) were competent. The singer nearly reaches the highs of John Anderson, and they have recreated the great bass tone of Chris Squire. The drummer was pretty good, and when Alan White came out for several of the songs, you could tell that he's really lost a step, but that's OK.

The setlist was what made the concert great. Here are the best selections.

Close to the Edge
Heart of the Sunrise
Perpetual Change
Yours is No Disgrace
Starship Trooper
Roundabout
Awaken
Soon
  • Visit poster's website
LittleM1971

United Kingdom

• Posted: 06/23/2018 22:43
  • Post subject:
Went to see My Bloody Valentine in Birmingham last night. Sadly they struggled with the sound all night (the first third of the gig Belinda’s vocals weren’t even audible). Think they were a little a rusty with loads of false starts and expletives from a pissed off Kev. As always ‘Soon’ was the standout track with strong performances from the MBV album also. Overall a little disappointing (was hoping we might get something new) but I’m sure they’ll be purring again like normal by the time some of you get to see them on the upcoming US tour.
  • Visit poster's website
meltchett

United Kingdom

• Posted: 06/23/2018 23:14
  • Post subject: Foo Fighters
London Stadium. 80000 of us. Dave and the band proving that they are the biggest band in existence right now. Had the audience eating out of the palm of their hand. Wolf Alice were massively outshone by Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes. Frank Carter gave every ounce of energy. Not a fan of their music but a seriously good live act.
  • Visit poster's website
stangetzaway

Australia

• Posted: 06/28/2018 01:11
  • Post subject:
Sun Ra Arkestra Melbourne Recital Centre june 6

Finally got to see one of musical heroes during the Melbourne International Jazz Festival. Really cool spontaneous gig. About a dozen band members with many playing 4 or 5 instruments during the show. It's indomitable ring leader, Marshall Allen, a very young 94 years of age, firing on all cylinders. Also tweeted Dave Davis just before the gig started and was tweeted back promptly which was nice. Only prob and hardly the bands fault the MRC is like a theatre and a fully sit down venue. I had one dead arse after a couple of hours but it was worth it.
  • Visit poster's website
Purplepash
ranker, rater, & music list maker

Australia

• Posted: 06/29/2018 03:05
  • Post subject:
I'm quite excited about an event I am going to tomorrow night. Regurgitator, a respected Australian band in the alternative scene since the mid 90's performing

The Velvet Underground And Nico by The ...d And Nico

in full, at a venue that is apparently a "faithful reproduction" of Max's Kansas City.
And to add to the appeal the support act is Stooges on Mars - a Bowie and Iggy tribute act with the lead singer and guitarist of my favourite local band Hideous Sun Demon as Iggy Pop.

By the way, while I am here, here are the bands I have seen live so far this year.
Sessions of a live music junkie 2018 by Purplepash
  • Visit poster's website