Writing with Pronouns

View previous topic :: View next topic
Pronouns

United States

• Posted: 04/16/2018 06:34
  • Post subject: Writing with Pronouns
Hey there! It's Pronouns here. When thinking about what to have as a music diary I got stumped. Pretty much everything I was think has already or is currently being done. But I got to thinking...I want a memento of sorts about my thought processes in my writings. This is more of an actual diary of sorts.

I plan to just put in whatever I'm thinking (rational or irrational) and link a song that goes with it. Whether its the idea in the moment or just frustration with the god forsaken writers block Brick wall . I hope it will be a cool way to look back at the process of one of my works in the future and if I do release anything on youtube (yes, I have finally decided to go that route) I'll link the video to those who are interested. No obligations. I may even drop scrapped projects in this just for the sake of knowing they still exist and that I didn't delete the draft. Not to mention someone may or may not (idc tbh) enjoy them.

Speaking of which, I have a current idea I want to write about so I'm gonna get a opener ready so I can get back to it later. I'll tell you how it goes. God bless! Ciao!

-G

Last edited by Pronouns on 06/13/2018 02:59; edited 1 time in total
  • Visit poster's website
Pronouns

United States

• Posted: 04/18/2018 05:37
  • Post subject:
10:26 PM - 4-17-18

After thinking about my first project I decided to put it on slight hold and work on my chart for a bit. I wrote it in a way where I can come back anytime. I've been wanting to write about this album for months now so I doubt I'll lose the idea, especially now that I have it written down.

Link

I'm in a small slump. How do you convey that isolation is a wanted emotion in some (maybe even in yourself) without looking sad or even "edgy"? I've been thinking about this all day at work to the point where I just took a nap out of mental exhaustion. I'm sure is so simple that I'm overlooking it, classic me.

Today I wrote three out of the ten albums I plan to write before I get back on my project. #1, #2 and #10. I may do some small edits, nothing big. I have to be in a mood to write about certain themes, kinda like those actors that change their lifestyle for a role. I wrote two gloomy pieces so I'm gonna write a more optimistic one next. I plan to keep my chart small, around 50. I may add to it in the future but I'm gonna keep it modest for now.

10:37 PM - 4-17-18
  • Visit poster's website
Pronouns

United States

• Posted: 04/19/2018 07:54
  • Post subject:
Wiw...Im 18 now...okay.....
https://www.instagram.com/p/BhvjA0Pl9_j/
I made a thing on my Instagram while fiddling around with my film editor. There are many typos,and I apologize. I wish I had more to say...man I'm q8 like...holy crap this is weird...how was it for you when you turned 18? I honestly don't feel any different...i Just think it's crazy how time flew...
  • Visit poster's website
Tap
to resume download

United States

• Posted: 04/19/2018 08:31
  • Post subject:
it went a little fast for me but I caught enough to be interested in his mom's music. happy birthday to ya! https://youtu.be/yWKXrxpD4Gc
  • Visit poster's website
Pronouns

United States

• Posted: 04/19/2018 18:19
  • Post subject:
Tap wrote:
it went a little fast for me but I caught enough to be interested in his mom's music. happy birthday to ya! https://youtu.be/yWKXrxpD4Gc

I totally agree, I knew it was too fast when I put it up but I couldn't do anything about it *sigh* It was more to learn the ropes of sorts but thank you for checking it out! Very Happy And thank you, hehe
from me *guitar twang* to you *guitar twang*
  • Visit poster's website
Pronouns

United States

• Posted: 06/13/2018 02:52
  • Post subject:
6-12-18
Yes I'm still alive. I've been in Shaver Lake the past month with no internet and that was probably for the best. Its funny how my last entry in this was "For Emma" because I think I needed that time alone. Kinda recollect my mental state and such. I went back to the communities I said I left and some are great and some are worse than when I left initially. There's some cool people I missed chatting with. I've written two posts on two different communities which I'll link after this post. I'm thinking about my "Pick of Ze Week" and I'm thinking it'll be "Honeybear" by Father John Misty with the track pick being "The Night Josh Tillman Came To Our Apartment". Mostly due to writing needs but slightly to make a cynical joke out of a member I've really disliked as of time. Yeah. Its passive aggressive and not right. I may not do it just because of that. What good does vengeance do? For the time being I'm not telling any members I'm on here but i may tell one in particular who's super cool. These communities I'm on aren't as expansive as this one and sometimes it feels more like a meme community than a constructive music community so I try to set an example with out saying a word. I dont mind memes but when its 90% Fantano memes and 9% links to Panic at the disco songs with one sentence it gets kinda isolating.

Link

I think I'm going to rename this journal of sorts to something more fitting. I don't think I'm gonna go the youtube route. For the time being I'm just gonna pull a Molly Drake and put out something here and there in really small communities. Its been crazy seeing how much people love my piece on "Carrie and Lowell" on my chart. It was kind of just written in the moment and its hardly a first draft but I think I'll leave it that way. I need to focus on the other entries, take some out and put new ones in, nothing out of the ordinary on this sight haha!

Untitled and unfinished - Nirvana
Pick of Ze Week: Time Out by Dave Brubeck
  • Visit poster's website
Pronouns

United States

• Posted: 07/15/2018 02:37
  • Post subject:
7/14/2018 6:58 PM

Wow, I've really been doing a piss poor job on this thread. I guess my only excuse is writers block. I guess before I begin I just want to put out a disclaimer that, yes, I finally made something and I have think in here. I don't want to seem like I'm desperate for attention or shamelessly advertising so I'm putting it here and leaving it from here. Okay! This past month has been a rather slow and tedious one for me. Ever since going back to amino (like I've stated before, look how original I am) I've felt out of place. My last writing piece was almost a month ago and it being on Sufjan Steven's "Decatur" and the history behind each line and some personal attachment for each one. I called this series "The Lyrical Connection".

Afterwards I felt worn out. I've had to stay at work an extra half hour with my dad which is part of the hustle of a job I suppose. I can't really complain. I get a paycheck after all. Things also started to pile up in my personal life and I slowly just stopped talking. I got so quiet one week that I can count how many sentences I said in that week. I guess I was just kind of down. I didn't have anyone to talk to irl and I felt kind of out of place online. Not to mention I couldn't get what I wanted to write out. Writers block set in and my god it was frustrating. In a way I'm still trying to get out of that but I've been opening up slowly but surely. I think a lot of this still applies but I've just been able to push it to the side. To an extent I feel like I'm just rambling as I'm writing this. I think I've been down from circumstances in my personal life and the way things are politically. I take things to heart and I really chew on it. Sometimes I swirl the drain.

Link

I think I learned a lot in my time living in the RV and I don't think the people my age really get what I mean. I know I'm going to come off as ignorant by saying this (and frankly its part of being this age) but I legitimately feel more mature than my contemporaries. I think its just the mentality where I live but everyone is just trying to fit a cookie cutter mold of a celebrity. I'm by no means a "wise" guy, I still have plenty of times for life to beat me up and throw me in a ditch so I can learn. I dunno, I guess I just feel out of place in all of this. I kinda understand I think differently, everyone does, but I think in other peoples eyes I over complicate things when its natural to me...if that makes sense? I guess that's why I was so bitter about the writers block because I don't have plans for summer this year and in a way I feel like all I have as an outlet is writing. Perhaps there's some reflection in all of this? I'm not sure. It was frustrating to not be able to work on my chart and not really have too many people to talk to about it. With that being said, I did get a chicken. I named her Isobel after Isobel Campbell of Belle and Sebastian. She's a mix of Tai and...I'm not sure actually. We've started to get along very well and she even perches on my arm and shoulder from time to time. It's nice to have a little friend again.

Today I finally had an urge to write and I took it. I've had an empty website for a blog for almost a month with only a "rambling" post that's more of melodramatic emotions than a constructive post. I call it "Minimalism in Music: James Blake" I figured since I didn't have an extravagant idea and i was talking about the simplicity of an artist (not to mentioning joining a minimalism amino) I figured this should be a fun series if I do manage it. It's about 1,000 words long and, while I don't consider it my best, I do like the approach I took with it. I think what helped was expanding my writing style in more of a "freelancer" or "freestyle" and not trying to look professional. I want to portray myself as another music fan like my readers and not some sort of revered critic. Here's the link: Minimalism in Music: James Blake

I guess before I finish this up I just want to thank y'all on this sight. I don't to give off the impression that I'm passive aggressively thanking you guise so you can check out my site, but legitimately I would not know the amount of music if I didn't accidentally find this site years ago. I've come and gone multiple times and I guess that's my only regret with this site. I remember when I had American Idiot as my #1 in 2015 and I've learned so much from reading your charts and listening to recommendations of yours over the years. So thank you. I wouldn't be writing about music if it weren't for here....alrighty...I must be going. God bless! Ciao! (also, The Congos are awesome!)

7:37PM
  • Visit poster's website