Hurricane Michael has destroyed everything I know

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
craola
crayon master

United States

• Posted: 10/15/2018 22:43
  • Post subject:
dude, this sucks to hear. glad you're ok though. let us all know if there's anything we can do to help.

if you for whatever reason, you find yourself moving to portland, let me know.
undefined

• Posted: 10/15/2018 23:56
  • Post subject:
I’m so sorry badseed, I can’t even begin to imagine what you’re going through right now, but if there’s anything I can do even if it’s just like sending comfort music, my PM box is always open
badseed

United States

• Posted: 10/16/2018 19:31
  • Post subject:
Thanks again everyone. It's rough, but I'm a tough dude. I've gotten to the point in life not everyone reaches where the sadness and suffering of others far outweighs that of mine. Not sure what direction I'm about to go in life but I feel like big changes are coming. I can't save the world but I can and will make sure that my kids don't have to sit sandwiched between two mattresses fearing for their lives ever again.
  • Visit poster's website
Tha1ChiefRocka
Yeah, well hey, I'm really sorry.

United States

• Posted: 10/16/2018 19:44
  • Post subject:
BTW if you're really serious about moving, then consider moving to the Kansas City area. We are growing rapidly, and all the cheap housing we have is being bought by other people moving here. I don't know what your line of work is, but I'm sure there is something in the area that may be applicable.
  • Visit poster's website
JOSweetHeart

• Posted: 10/17/2018 01:56
  • Post subject:
^^^ Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but wouldn't relocating to an area like Kansas City only be more of the same accept with a lot of tornadoes instead of hurricanes?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Check him out here when you can!
  • Visit poster's website
Tha1ChiefRocka

United States

• Posted: 10/17/2018 02:25
  • Post subject:
JOSweetHeart wrote:
^^^ Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but wouldn't relocating to an area like Kansas City only be more of the same accept with a lot of tornadoes instead of hurricanes?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

The Kansas City Metro area can experience extremely severe weather, but a tornado is a rare occurrence. The western and southern parts of Kansas (particularly along the border with Oklahoma) are the more tornado prone areas. There have been a couple small tornadoes touch down in my lifetime within the metro area, but they caused minimal damage.

2011 was a high year for weak tornadoes, but the past years have seen a decline. I have never personally seen a tornado on the ground in my life, and I've lived here for 23 years.
  • Visit poster's website
JOSweetHeart

• Posted: 10/17/2018 23:55
  • Post subject:
^^^ Thank you and I just now saw my spelling error when saying accept and not except. Sorry about that.

God bless you always!!! Smile Smile Smile

Holly

Check him out here when you can!
  • Visit poster's website
Tha1ChiefRocka

United States

• Posted: 05/30/2019 02:29
  • Post subject:
Quote:
The Kansas City Metro area can experience extremely severe weather, but a tornado is a rare occurrence. The western and southern parts of Kansas (particularly along the border with Oklahoma) are the more tornado prone areas. There have been a couple small tornadoes touch down in my lifetime within the metro area, but they caused minimal damage.

Shocked

I nearly ate these words last night. The small town of Linwood was devastated last night and it came within about 2 or 3 miles of my house at one point.

https://www.kctv5.com/news/photos-torna...b62db.html

Hope your doing well badseed.
  • Visit poster's website
RoundTheBend
I miss the comfort in being sad

United States

• Posted: 05/30/2019 05:49
  • Post subject:
Tha1ChiefRocka wrote:
Quote:

Shocked

I nearly ate these words last night. The small town of Linwood was devastated last night and it came within about 2 or 3 miles of my house at one point.

Damn.... hope you are well.
  • Visit poster's website
badseed

United States

• Posted: 05/30/2019 05:51
  • Post subject:
Tha1ChiefRocka wrote:
Quote:

Shocked

Holy cow. That looked intense. Tornados are scary to me because there's no way of knowing it's coming in advance, and fuck blowing your roof off if it's not strong enough, tornados will split your shit right down the middle. Sucks for those people. After being through a natural disaster I feel more affected when it happens to others because I know how real it is. Wishing you and your area the best.

Weather really freaks me out lately. I think I have PTSD. Had a few rainy and windy nights a couple months back when half the roof was still tarped off and almost had a nervous breakdown trying to keep the plywood that i have leaning where the garage door should be from falling. Hurricane season is right around the corner already and my house still isn't fully repaired. Roofers started and disappeared months ago. Lots of BS, still no air conditioning and it's getting hot, had humidifiers running 24 hours a day throughout the house a couple eeeks ago and would wake up to read 108 degrees on the thermostat. I kept my door shut with the window open and fans so it was bearable in my room from like midnight to 8 AM - now that we're hitting summer I'm still waking up to 85-90. Buying a window unit for my room in a couple days though. I literally sit outside in the shade all day, go to work in the afternoon (which feels like vacation) then come back and sit outside until I'm ready for bed and I take numerous cold showers a day. But yeah I'm doing good. Haha.
  • Visit poster's website