Best metal song when you were 16

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic

• Posted: 08/23/2011 20:09
  • Post subject:
I didn't know a whole lot of music. But mine was "Fuel", by Metallica.
  • Visit poster's website
Captain_Dude

United States

• Posted: 08/23/2011 20:48
  • Post subject:
When I was 16, I was HEAVILY into metal and very hard rock. Bands like Black Sabbath, Ozzy, Dio, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Metallica, and Alice Cooper were what I loved best at the time.

I was on a HUGE Ronnie James Dio kick back then. I bought everything I could find with Dio as the vocalist. So, my shelf of album soon swelled to not only hold his Black Sabbath and Dio albums, but to even include his works with Rainbow and Elf. I just simply couldn't get enough Dio.

I remember wearing a "Last in Line" tour T-shirt 'til you could almost see through it. I also had a "Mob Rules" T-shirt that received the same type of repeated wear.

I'd have to say that my favorite artist at the time was Ronnie James Dio...my favorite album would have been Last in Line...and my favorite song when I was 16 would have been the title track from Last in Line.

1986, the year when I was 16, was definitely a Dio year for me (much to the chagrin of my Duran Duran-loving girlfriend...lol)

[/i]
Jackwc
Queen Of The Forums

Canada

• Posted: 08/23/2011 21:00
  • Post subject:
Well, I was 16 just a few years ago... but I don't really remember being 16 so much, as I was intoxicated most of the time. But I did listen to a lot of metal.

Protest the Hero was a big part of all that. What's more badass than a song about the Mongol hoards ransacking the Chinese countryside? NOTHING.

Link

Music sucks. Check out my favourite movies, fam:
http://letterboxd.com/jackiegigantic/
  • Visit poster's website
btener11
Expert Treasure Hunter

United States

• Posted: 08/24/2011 07:01
  • Post subject:

Link

Also:

Link

Link

Link

Link

boboland1203

United States

• Posted: 08/26/2011 18:05
  • Post subject: Best metal song when you were 16
AlexZangari wrote:
Joke thread! The answer is sooo obvious.

Link

Who can beat such an epic song? First of all, just look at that title. It really means something. Makes you THINK, unlike straight-forward, reasonable titles. Second, the musicianship is plain incredible, notice how they can play really fast so that lack of good riffs really doesn't make a difference. The screaming is necessary and perfect because the song captures the feeling of being mad, rather than the more moving feelings of love or sorrow. But mad is cool, so fuck those feelings! Life sucks, so we should be mad over everything. Otherwise you're a pussy. Speaking of pussy, did you hear those sex noises in the beginning? So fucking awesome! Because sex is really awesome and these guys have sex and know that sex is awesome so they put sex in their songs to make them awesome. It's not a gimmick, trust me. Notice how well this song conveys the emotion of anger, because when you're angry, don't you just feel like mindlessly spazzing out, rather than actually dwelling on built up emotion and breaking down like a sane being would? Fuck yeah. And just listen to the lyrics. You can't! That's how epic this screaming is! So epic, the lyrics are completely discernible by human ears! But if you Google them, you'll see that Oli Sykes (omg he's so sc3n3c0r3 <3) is a true poet! Check this out:

"It's 3:18, mouth tastes like the corpse of every pregnant teen"

He totally captured that moment, when it's 3:18, and your mouth taste really bad(?). Okay, possibly good. It's so hxc that pregnant teen corpses are probably what these BAMFs eat for breakfast. Then, it ends with the most perfect line:

"Bitch"

That's just the essence of anger right there. Who would have thought of that? Only a genius. He had to have been meditating on just that one lyric for months to come up with something so amazing, so quintessential. Try to beat this song if you can, but I'm warning you - it's not possible.

JK, FUCK THAT SHIT

Link

FUCK YEAH Cool

That is the funniest post I have ever seen on BEA. I was laughing so hard as I read it out loud to my mom. A true masterpieceā€¦ Well done, well done Applause!!!
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
mooseboy101

Switzerland

• Posted: 08/26/2011 18:33
  • Post subject:
Totally fucking counts as metal

Link

and kicked ass......last year.