MLB 2018

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic
CA Dreamin

United States

• Posted: 10/10/2018 16:58
  • Post subject:
I was 4 for 4 on Division series predictions. Although I predicted two of the series to go down to the wire, they were all convincing 3-0 or 3-1 victories. Maybe this round won't be so lop-sided.

NLCS Prediction

Dodgers over Brewers, 4-2

The Brewers are good, but the Dodgers are better. I like Milwaukee, and I think they'll be a good team for the next few years, but this may be a little too early for them to make the WS. On the other hand, LA has years of recent postseason experience, better arms and bats, and more determination than ever to win it all.

ALCS Prediction

Red Sox over Astros, 4-3

This could be a series for the ages. One of the best lineups ever vs. one the best pitching staffs ever. This could go either way. I'm mainly hoping this series will live up to its hype, that these two dominant teams will put on an exciting series that fans will be talking about for years to come.
  • Visit poster's website
jdenny2018

United States

• Posted: 10/22/2018 00:42
  • Post subject:
Well... What's your World Series prediction??

To preface this, I'm a Cincinnati Reds fan so my year was very sad. I also wanted the WS to be Brewers-Astros, as I thought that would've made for the best WS.

Regardless I think the Red Sox are going to wipe the floor with the Dodgers. The Sox are a more well rounded team, with better pitching and hitting. I also think that the Dodgers will be a little fatigued from the 7 game series with the Brewers, which will make them come out game 1 slow and get crushed.

I think the Red Sox crush the Dodgers in 5 games.

Thoughts?
  • Visit poster's website
CA Dreamin

United States

• Posted: 10/22/2018 18:34
  • Post subject:
jdenny2018 wrote:
The Sox are a more well rounded team, with better pitching and hitting.

The Red Sox have better hitting, but the Dodgers have better pitching. LA's team ERA is almost 0.4 superior to Boston's. Yeah the Sox play in the AL with DHs, but LA's pitching staff was not fully healthy for 90% of the regular season. It wasn't until September that Kershaw, Ryu, Jansen, and Buehler were all simultaneously pitching regularly.

jdenny2018 wrote:
Well... What's your World Series prediction?? I think the Red Sox are going to wipe the floor with the Dodgers in 5 games.

Thoughts?

I think the Red Sox are a better team on paper, but the Dodgers have a better chance than people give them credit for. As an LA fan, I follow them closely. They had terrible luck this year with injuries. At some, Seager, Turner, Ryu, Jansen, and Kershaw...their two best hitters, two best starters, and their closer. Seager's done for a year with Tommy John, so that's where Manny Machado came in. The others rehabbed, and now they're all back. LA went from 10 games under .500 to 20 games over by the end...a 30-game swing. That, plus their run differential suggests their much better than a 91-win team. Don't get me wrong, the Red Sox are an excellent team. The 108 wins, and the rout of the Astros are very impressive. I'd agree Boston has a better chance of winning the WS, but that doesn't make them unbeatable.

I'm going with my home team. Dodgers in 6.
  • Visit poster's website
cestuneblague
Edgy to the Choir

• Posted: 10/22/2018 20:23
  • Post subject:
Yeah I think the Red Sox's biggest roadblock to the WS was the Astros, so they are deserverdly th e favorites, as this is the best team they've had since the 03-04 days, but the world series is always full of surprises so you never know.
  • Visit poster's website
rockinsteve

United States

• Posted: 10/22/2018 21:37
  • Post subject:
I think and HOPE the Red Sox will win in 5 or 6 games. About the only thing going for the Dodgers is that they were in the Series last year, so they have more experience in that aspect. The Red Sox have a MUCH better hitting team, that's not even close. Plus I think the Dodgers don't have THAT much of an edge pitching wise. The Sox have some fine pitchers themselves, especially Sale. Go Red Sox!
  • Visit poster's website
baystateoftheart
Neil Young as a butternut squash

United States

• Posted: 10/29/2018 03:38
  • Post subject:
A fitting end to one of the best seasons in MLB history. David Price is the man. And while Boston fans have been merciless to him, I'm proud to say I never joined the hate bandwagon. No better time in history to be a Red Sox fan!

Party

P.S. I like our chances next year.
CA Dreamin

United States

• Posted: 10/29/2018 03:51
  • Post subject:
Unlike my previous predictions, I predicted the World Series with my heart and not my head. But hey, there was no money on the line so why not?

Ugh, another disappointing end for LA. But unlike last year, when the Dodgers and Astros seemed about even and LA came up short, the Dodgers never seemed to be in this series. Very frustrating to watch as an LA fan. The Red Sox are just insane, not just the best team this year, but one of the best of all-time.
  • Visit poster's website
gloriousgoo

• Posted: 10/29/2018 05:50
  • Post subject:
I have a feeling this Sox team could win 3 or 4 more. Absolutely stacked lineup, never really looked challenged all year.
  • Visit poster's website
jdenny2018

United States

• Posted: 10/29/2018 18:59
  • Post subject:
jdenny2018 wrote:
I think the Red Sox crush the Dodgers in 5 games.

Called it!
  • Visit poster's website
rockinsteve

United States

• Posted: 11/03/2018 01:24
  • Post subject:
The Dodgers did the right thing and signed pitcher Kershaw to a new THREE year contract. With this signing I think they've guaranteed themselves a shot at the championship again next season. When healthy, Kershaw is THE best pitcher in the majors. Kudos to the Dodgers.
  • Visit poster's website